Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter's Pet and Armor

I think hunter's pet should get some kind of gear to match their talent trees, i mean in WoTLK, cuz i heard something about a tanking tree, DPS tree blah blah, what do you think?

Deleted

Re: Hunter's Pet and Armor

Well I guess the whole point of the trees is so they don't have to give them armor/gear.

yeah that's true but if u think about it, WoW is a game of improvement, so why not to improve pets with some kind of gear that enhaces their talents =P

15+ Year Old Account

What exactly do you mean by ''pets wearing gear''? I mean, I can't really see a Raptor wearing boots, a chest and a helmet ^^

I mean something like Claws of the Wild Tiger : Increases the damage of your pet's claw by 2% and gives ur pet +10 stam, something like that, u know...

15+ Year Old Account

Well, this looks more like a buff then a piece of gear. Or would you really want your pet to have gloves on?

Id love if bosses drop armor that you can equip to your pet and it doesnt even have to be alot of stuff maybe just helm and body armor no need for rings and other stuff.

Or another idea is that hunter get quest that drop off bosses (like the rohk bow) that would award you with different sets of armor for your pet.

15+ Year Old Account

Come on seriously. How would you want to equip armor to your pet? A pet with a helmet, some leather boots and a nice and shiny ring seems retarded doesn't it?

Like i said pet wouldent get rings. (example) the amani warbear mount

15+ Year Old Account

Well, no rings and thing like that then, but still a pants seems weird. Or a Helmet. Come on....
    And yes the armor on a bear looks cool, but imagine it on a Raptor, or whatever... The armor could be made look like a mount's armor, but still, seems kinda weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Orcginn
    Id love if bosses drop armor that you can equip to your pet and it doesnt even have to be alot of stuff maybe just helm and body armor no need for rings and other stuff.
    That sounds similar to the mercs in Diablo 2, you could only equip them with a helm, armor, and weapon. But then again, those were humans, not animals.

And I see the point about mounts having armor, why not animals that are actually in combat? However I would much rather the Hunters resilience apply in some way to the pet, than having armor to equip on your pet.

i don't see a reason they cant have arena armor for pets most people has extra points anyway.

lol pet with armour? thats almost as bad as the rogues getting mana drain idea.. i can only imagine paris hilton's dog or something

15+ Year Old Account

That's exactly what I meant. A pet wearing a helmet/boots/waist or whatever seems like the worst idea ever. If you mean the armor like mounts have..hmm ok, that could possibly look good, but it would look extremely stupid on some pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    That's exactly what I meant. A pet wearing a helmet/boots/waist or whatever seems like the worst idea ever. If you mean the armor like mounts have..hmm ok, that could possibly look good, but it would look extremely stupid on some pets...
    QFT

/point moth with armour = not flying no more

15+ Year Old Account

Haha yea, it won't be able to keep the weight of his armour and himself in the air.

Actually, to the OP I'd always wondered about this myself. Blizzard frequently implements "Beast" bosses, I always wondered why they never set our pets up to have maybe two equipment slots, even if they were for purely cosmetic upgrades. Maybe a "Collar" equipment slot, and something for their Claws/Paws/whatever. One slot could provide a cosmetic change or an armor upgrade (Barding for your respective pet, it shouldn't be hard to implement since Blizzard has specific pet "family" models), and the other a minor dps increase, or a tiny poison/bleed dot effect from your pet's melee or ranged attacks. Hunters put a lot of time into their pets, I'm sure they'd invest more if they could customize them a bit, or tweak them out a little more.

Another thing that's always bothered me is the need for arrows/bullets. No other class pays what equates to a complete repair bill irregardless of how skilled their raid is in an encounter. Go in there, clear the place in record time, nobody wipes, you don't die? Guess who still has a repair bill... the hunters. Between arrows and food we hemorrhage gold in PvE, to say nothing of how terrible it can be in PvP and Battlegrounds. They ought to just make the "ammo slot" be the place where our quivers are placed, freeing us up our friggin' bag slot and eliminating the need for ammunition. Better quivers could drop from bosses or as badge/pvp rewards, which would increase the damage dealt by your ammunition, or perhaps add a minor elemental effect to your ranged attacks (Such as some kind of fire arrow/quiver dropping off Ragnaros, buffing shots with some kind of flametongue type effect). This would open new itemization options and allow for changes in PvP, with these bonus damage effects being mitigatable by things like mage armor or what have you, while allowing for a small portion of our damage [if it was magic] to still be able to actually harm things like feral druids, prot paladins and prot warriors. Armor could mitigate the base ammunition damage, with the bonus damage being mitigated by things that reduce magic damage, etc.

I'd always felt our class could use some re-tooling in ways like this, but never had the heart to suggest it on the WoW forums, lest it be buried or ignored I do hope the developers implement ideas like this in the future though, someone else is more than welcome to offer them these suggestions if they know how. I think a lot of things in WoW would be a lot more enjoyable with just a few tiny tweaks like this.

The idea isn’t bad it’s just I (and probably a lot of other people) dislike the thought of competing for loot drops with someone’s pet. Now if it was a drop in addition to the already standard loot then it I wouldn’t mind. ;D
    If there is one thing I have learned from the internets, its that you could have a perfect idea to end world hunger, creat world peace, and give everyone a sixpack overnight and people would still call stupid if you presented it on public forums.

Even if it was reliant upon capped out (450 or whatever) professions I'm sure people would still spend the farming time or gold that was required for it. It would offer a little bit of variation, the pet normalization helped a bit in this regard (no more legions of Broken Tooth...Teeth...Tooths..) in Alterac Valley anymore, but there's nothing to uniquely differentiate your pet from anyone else's aside from the name.

*Edit* The hell with it, I'll try posting it on the WoW forums. Time to put on some asbestos underpants.

This is quite funny IMO, yes... i believe that pets should beable to wear armor.... but thats all it should do is add armor, but at the same time it should only beable to be leather so that way they are using their family as a shield!