Paladin professions in WRATH

I'm just curious what you guys think about pally professions for wrath. I'm currently mining/eng, but I'm considering going. I'm actually considering inscription. I think a 3rd major glyph could be extremely useful, when you consider that eng/BSing items can get replaced.

I'm considering going pve ret.

Re: Paladin professions in WRATH

I currently have Blacksmithing and Enchanting, and while it might be too soon to tell I will probably keep going down that path.

It's true that Blacksmithing items can be replaced, but Blacksmiths are receiving all sorts of cool new abilities, like for example:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Blacksmiths will be able to add sockets to a weapon, Armorsmiths will be able to add a metasocket to armor.

I guess it depends on the Glyphs that come available.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

yea, after reviewing the pally gyphs they seem a little underwhelming from a pve ret standpoint. Blacksmithing is looking pretty good. Other than adding the meta slot as a armorsmith, are there any bopish gem slots(those that only the blacksmith can have?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry

It's true that Blacksmithing items can be replaced, but Blacksmiths are receiving all sorts of cool new abilities, like for example:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Blacksmiths will be able to add sockets to a weapon, Armorsmiths will be able to add a metasocket to armor.
    I didn't know that, I wonder, is that a meta just to a head slot, or in general? I suppose just for the head right?

Currently Engi/BS (Goggles/Sunblessed Breastplate) ... was unsure wether to keep my professions or not, seems like I might just do so!

Only problem is, alot of helms already have meta slots. At least the engineering ones do. So if its only for helms, then the meta thing might be useless for an engineer with the engineering helm.

But if its a chest meta slot, that could be awesome. Could one have two meta slots at once? would you be able to meet all the requirements to make the two different metas active?

Are you glyph's BOP or BOE? I've been wondering that since i saw them.

I'm in the process of leveling Blacksmithing. I used to be Engineering, so my Mining is maxed, but it's taking me awhile to get it up there.

I'm a Blacksmith/Engineer, planning to level up my other Paladin Herbalism/Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by Yvert
    Are you glyph's BOP or BOE? I've been wondering that since i saw them.
    All we saw so far are BoE afaik, Inscribers just get an extra glyph slot.

Im personally dropping LW because of the drum debuff, and go Inscription. One extra glyph slot will be huge from what i've seen so far. (Tho paladin glyphs look alot less powerfull then druid ones)

My other prof is JC and looking to drop it aswell, it just costs tons of money from the all the BoE world drop recepies (and they will continue this trend from what i've read) with minor stat benefit over other profs. Tho i love the trinket for prot and ret, the rest is all abit meh, compared to +40 healing passive on rings without taking a trinket slot, or the Lolherald to just name a few.

If you want to be on the safe side, go BS & Inscription, both are looking to become great profs.

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

I wonder if Inscription will become too saturated to really make it worth it. Saying that I haven't read a great deal about it and haven't even looked at the Glyphs we'll be getting; any good ones that stand out?

I'm currently Holy/Prot - but will be going Ret/Holy for Wrath if that helps.

I moved to engineering late in the game (late as around the time I started getting epics) to get the epic goggles. Since then its been hella fun, and the mounts and mote extractor has made it all worth it. No need to farm for primals.

I'll keep engineering as long as they keep goggle type gear, in some form or another, as well as a way to farm mats like the mote extractor. For engineering it also seems we can enchant our boots to give us faster movement speeed (not permanently, but whenever we like 'right-click' the boots). I never went for the bombs and stuff that engineers make, but more for the utility and fun. Goggles made me change, and the other stuff kept me there.

I haven't seen what the good enginering recipes will be in WoTK, they havent revealed them all, but i'll be sticking around. I would only choose jewelcrafting for the unique gems, enchanting for the ring stats. Not really at a disadvantage without them... its like hardcore stat refining to do that.

If not engineering, blacksmithing.

I now have BS/mining and i was planing to go BS/inscription. But now seeing the extra buffs you get from the gathering professions i'm not sure anymore.
    Minnig gets 45sta or 64 AP extra.

Deleted

^ 450 mining = 35 stamina

I'm gonna stick to mining/JC
    It's a good moneymaking combo + the JC-only gems are nice to have aswell.

if i make my pala my main, I will be going BS/Inc [bs/eng atm]

BS Mace looks sexy, and FoL glyth[?] looks sweet

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I plan on keeping my master swordsmithing in wrath.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I will keep Blacksmithing as Hammersmith and will learn Jewelcrafting in the next weeks. I think this Combinations is very effective with the new Jewelcrafter only Epics Gems and the Blacksmithing only sockets. But i hope there will be Hammer/Sword/Axtsmith only weapons in Wrath with high dps!
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

can you posibly link or put thumb nail pics of the epic jc only gems please. thanks

Meliancill: look at the JC page. 45 stam. Solid Dragon's Eye
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=768

Blue gems are 24 stam. (Solid Sky Sapphire) and Epic are 30 stam (Solid Majestic Zircon)