"making all 4 tanking classes viable"

Just read the new blue post stuff, saying about wanting to balance out dks, palas, droods and wars to be equal in tanking, but keep them distinctly unique when tanking blah blah blah

the way i see it, druids are gona be used more and more often to tank raid bosses.... and everyone is gona want to have a pala to tank instances

yes, so they are balancing out all the tanking classes, but what about balancing out warrior's ability to do wicked sick dps... some of the talents look kwl, but we are still gona get told where to go when it comes to heroics / normals in wotlk, unless the group is desperate for a dps (unlikely)

liking the raid wide battle shout

now all we need is it to affect spell power

your thoughts on the fact that very quickly we are going to be completely redundant as a class (in pvp and pve)?
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

Re: "making all 4 tanking classes viable"

Commanding Shout.
    Increases maximum health of all party members within 20 yards by 2255. Lasts 2 min.

Battle Shout.
    The warrior shouts, increasing the melee attack power of all party members within 20 yards by 550. Lasts 2 min.

both will probably be raidwide so having atleast 2 warriors each raid would be nice. also if both are dps specced shouts will be even better and 2255hp un-improved for tanks is really sweet

I like the idea of having all classes being able to MT raids properly, for 5mans any tank has always been able to do well. fury wars was not very appriciated in tbc 5mans, and i belive you need less CC in wotlk, not sure tho but that would mean fury wars should have a easier time to get into 5man groups.

hmmm, arms warriors do compete tho, bcs unfortunately, some people see arms as purely pvp, when arms can almost equal the dmg output of fury warriors pre-wotlk (titan's grip + haste will spell doom for arms warriors in pve)

i would like to see more groups accepting dps warriors regardless of spec (fury or arms) to fill a dps slot... in wotlk
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

tbh i dont think fury will be superior to arms in wotlk, you just need to stack slightly different stats and spec properly. although most arms warriors are pvp specced, but if you are arms and pve specced (yes there is a difference between pve and pvp arms spec) you will be welcome in my groups/raids.

I have to admit that the prot warrior situation is looking more and more bleak as we get closer to release and to be honest i don't take much comfort in this whole "prot warriors do more dps now" theme. If i wanted to be DPS, i'd either spec for DPS or play one of my DPS alts.

As for solo questing as a prot warrior, i have zero problem doing it in my dps gear or tanking gear. It's easy and it's do-able right now.

I like to congratulate Blizzard when they do good but i also take equal pleasure in slapping them upside the head when they have an apocalyptic brainfart like they have done in the tanking case.

To all my fellow prot warriors out there the only hope i can give you is the obvious and not very reassuring one and that;

>>It's still very much Beta guys and one day, maybe sooner, maybe later, we could wake up and Blizzard has had a complete change of heart and scrapped this idea and gone back to what has served us well for 3 years.<<

(But this is Blizzard we're talking about here so we could wake up and find that blizzard has changed all magic schools to "pink & fluffy lets all be friends forever!" damage type instead. I look forward to the uproar from all the casters as their uniqueness and potential is stripped away from them and they are made uniformed and generic).

Quote Originally Posted by annomander999
    Just read the new blue post stuff, saying about wanting to balance out dks, palas, droods and wars to be equal in tanking, but keep them distinctly unique when tanking blah blah blah

the way i see it, druids are gona be used more and more often to tank raid bosses.... and everyone is gona want to have a pala to tank instances

yes, so they are balancing out all the tanking classes, but what about balancing out warrior's ability to do wicked sick dps... some of the talents look kwl, but we are still gona get told where to go when it comes to heroics / normals in wotlk, unless the group is desperate for a dps (unlikely)

liking the raid wide battle shout

now all we need is it to affect spell power

your thoughts on the fact that very quickly we are going to be completely redundant as a class (in pvp and pve)?
    Druids have gotten 0 threat changes, while warriors have gotten many. Many of our abilities now scale with AP, and many abilities (such as thunderclap) that weren't high threat before, now state that they are high threat in the tooltip. Plus warriors get 30% more threat from our current bc state in defensive stance. I don't understand the last part of your second little paragraph, but don't worry, because warrior tanks are always in demand, seeing as how that is the only thing blizzard is designing this class for.

Quote Originally Posted by annomander999
    ... and everyone is gona want to have a pala to tank instances
    The most frustrating part of TBC was the anti-prot warrior prejudice when it came to heroics. But everything I've read indicates that Blizz knows this... and is doing something to even things out; heck, just letting TC scale with AP is going to help.

Paladins will always be the best AoE tanks, but warriors will be viable in AoE tanking situations, and that's a real buff to the class.