Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sanctified Wrath Ret Talent

Sanctified Wrath - Increases the critical strike chance of Hammer of Wrath by 25/50%, Reduces the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by 30/60 seconds and while affected by Avenging Wrath 25/50% of all damage caused bypasses damage reduction affects.

The cooldown on Avenging Wrath currently is 3 minutes and they are Increasing Forbearance to 3 Minutes (up from 1 min) so even if this talent reduces Avenging Wrath to 2 minutes, we still can't use it for 3? Anyone else notice this?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Sanctified Wrath Ret Talent

Would be nice if people could read beta patch notes and stuff... Avening Wrath no longer cause Forbearance.

Sigh.

I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Sorry, must not have glued my eyes to the comp as well as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia
    Would be nice if people could read beta patch notes and stuff... Avening Wrath no longer cause Forbearance.
    This is true, I've seen it in many Beta Vids.

So please, /thread
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest
    Who needs glue? Check boards for answers to questions, before asking ones that have been answered already?

The cool thing about that talent is the 50% Damage Penetration anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    Who needs glue? Check boards for answers to questions, before asking ones that have been answered already?

The cool thing about that talent is the 50% Damage Penetration anyway
    The increased crit chance on Hammer of Wrath is equally as good, especially now that you can use it on targets below 35%.

Have you have a chance to test without a doubt wether it resets swing timer or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest
    If you are that interested in what the ability does, you obviously play the game and concern yourself as much as most people, so your insult is somewhat hypocritical. Though we all know the insult is an excuse for you being lazy or dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipii12
    If you are that interested in what the ability does, you obviously play the game and concern yourself as much as most people, so your insult is somewhat hypocritical. Though we all know the insult is an excuse for you being lazy or dumb.
    Oh, that was an insult? :-X.

-pokes Rawberry.- Does it reset swing timer?

-pokes Rawberry.- Does it reset swing timer?
    What, Hammer of Wrath?

Ayuh, HoW

Ayuh, HoW
    Aye, Hammer of Wrath resets your swing timer even in the Beta.

So, still useless in PvE. -sighs.- Was starting to hope for *something* useful for the ability outside of PvP

Still a very good finishing skill, prob with all crit rating we will have, this will be over 80% crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Aye, Hammer of Wrath resets your swing timer even in the Beta.
    Excuse me for the question, I am holy, what does it mean this?Does it refresh your Crusader Strike and Divine storm cd?

It means it resets your auto-attack swing timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    Still a very good finishing skill, prob with all crit rating we will have, this will be over 80% crit chance.

Even if it had a 100% crit chance, it's *still* a waste to use it in PvE, because you can get MUCH more out of a single auto-attack than a HoW crit, and if you time your HoW badly, you can lose the equivalent of 2 Auto-attacks, so even if timed perfectly you're still losing DPS by using a HoW that resets swing timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful
    Excuse me for the question, I am holy, what does it mean this?Does it refresh your Crusader Strike and Divine storm cd?
    Each weapon has a weaponspeed right, for example the Stormherald has a 3.8 weaponspeed, which means you will make an attack each 3.8 seconds.

Now, each time you attack a target World of warcraft starts a timer internally that counts from 3.8 (Stormherald weaponspeed for this example) down to 0.0 seconds. When the timer hits 0.0 seconds your character will make another attack.

Now let's say the timer is on 1.2 seconds and counting down and you cast Hammer of Wrath, because Hammer of Wrath resets your swing timer the timer that was counting down is reset back to 3.8.