Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is hex atm better than Polymorph?

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    On my server there are 4 guilds with BT level gear, if you know the right people you can group up regardless if you have CC or not.
    I did a run as a ret paladin, with a warrior tank, a furry warrior, a mage and a priest healer, and we did just fine (of course we overgeared the instance by a lot).
    However we must remember that for those shamans that don't have the top end gear or very good friends and especially when WoTLK hits this new CC will give shamans a whole new level of viability in PVP and PVE.

As for the spell itself hex probably won't be better then poly but it will have its strengths just like poly has its.
    This makes me laugh... "if you know the right people..." but i do agree mostly in that with a lot of gearing, you dont really need the cc (we almost could do H shattered a week ago when was daily without any cc. had Drood tank, priest healer, Shammy OH\Odps (33/0/28 (very dynamic for casual playing)), enh shammy and 1 arms warrior. most in kara gear (1 below, 1 above). we were very close to being able to handle those huge 6 pulls, but just barely not due to the ranged archers eating the healer a lil too badly. i'm sure if the tank had ssc stuffs, we coulda done it, but the same theory goes for shammy tanking. If i'm in sunwell enh\ele gear, do you think i can tank H Sethekk? you be durn right i can, but i'm vastly overgeared. (plz dont flame me for shammy tanking. I know its an extreme sport, but is not a viable tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    On my server there are 4 guilds with BT level gear, if you know the right people you can group up regardless if you have CC or not.
    I did a run as a ret paladin, with a warrior tank, a furry warrior, a mage and a priest healer, and we did just fine (of course we overgeared the instance by a lot).
    However we must remember that for those shamans that don't have the top end gear or very good friends and especially when WoTLK hits this new CC will give shamans a whole new level of viability in PVP and PVE.

As for the spell itself hex probably won't be better then poly but it will have its strengths just like poly has its.
    I understand that getting a group is not impossible as Elemental or Enhance but it is definitely more difficult to pug something if you're not resto. Pugs are the format this spell will help most in. Running with a solid group in H Shat or H MgT you can afford to lose a CC for increased dps...if geared/spec'd correctly and the group functions well together. The bad part is for alot of casual people Pugs are the norm and being elemental or enhancement means you'll get turned down more than accepted.

Like I have said Hex is a very welcomed addition to our spell book for both PvE and PvP and has alot of differences when compared to Poly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    I understand that getting a group is not impossible as Elemental or Enhance but it is definitely more difficult to pug something if you're not resto. Pugs are the format this spell will help most in. Running with a solid group in H Shat or H MgT you can afford to lose a CC for increased dps...if geared/spec'd correctly and the group functions well together. The bad part is for alot of casual people Pugs are the norm and being elemental or enhancement means you'll get turned down more than accepted.

Like I have said Hex is a very welcomed addition to our spell book for both PvE and PvP and has alot of differences when compared to Poly.
    Thanks for stating that in a more coherent way.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    trinket on 2 min cd hex on 45 sec... i see your point.

an enhance shaman should be dead within a minute in world pvp and duels

15+ Year Old Account

A good Enh Shaman won't be dead within a minute, and watch them at WotLK, they will be great 1on1 I think.

enhance shamans are mushrooms, if im lucky on critts wich i usally am with close to 40%, they go down in about 10 seconds or less, if they survive thru my pounce, they wont have much hp left, on a hard one ill end up at 25 seconds maybe, but yea in wotlk that instant heal will be awesome, time to stack crit

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted
    enhance shamans are mushrooms, if im lucky on critts wich i usally am with close to 40%, they go down in about 10 seconds or less, if they survive thru my pounce, they wont have much hp left, on a hard one ill end up at 25 seconds maybe, but yea in wotlk that instant heal will be awesome, time to stack crit
    What instant heal? If you're talking about Maelstrom Weapon, it's been changed to damage spells only.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert
    Just from the last couple posts:

Druids can shift out of sheep, I doubt that'll be different with hex

I can't link to a blue post for proof, but im lead to believe Druid's can't shift out of Hex.

Im sure it would people would really love it PvE if it was on a 30 sec CD instead of 45. But in PvP im positive it will be AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted
    you fight bad Enh shamans...which is quite possible since they are plentiful in relation to the actual number of total Enh Sham. Hell only 1 out of every 10-15 Enh shamans I run across can take me to less than 70% health before I eat them alive.

Feral druids on the other hand have one option when I get pounced: Run away and heal. If a feral tries to stay toe-to-toe with me after pounce breaks I'll just trinket maim and wreck them. SR goes a long way against feral and the inherent range bug helps more than anything I am actually doing. Bleeds may get me, but not before I get the druid.

Ofc I may be fighting bad ferals as well...most of the time I am just surprised to even see a feral when Resto is so grossly OP'd atm.

The problem with this thread and I guess with Hex in general is that it's a spell that doesn't make a helluva lot of sense. Sure we finally get a CC, 1.5 sec cast, 45 sec CD. But it is still subject to resists, early breaks, and when that happens, we're screwed.

Some have said that it's not meant to be a true CC, and it's more of an OH Sh%t button. That's all fine and good except for the fact that it is a 1.5 sec cast, and though on the EyeOfTheStorm 70% pushback list, we'll still get pushbacks, hurting it's value immensely. Let's face it, for pvp, one trinket pop and it negates its usage.

For effective use, the cast time needs to be reduced by at least 1 sec. or at least talented about to reduce the CD and cast time.

1.5 is not that bad of a cast time. With Hex you shuld time it right when they've already wasted their trinket on something else.

I think ppl got wrong picture about Hex. In 5 mans sure it can be counted for decent CC but for pvp aspect you should compare it more to ability like blind instead of polymorph.

blind-like ability, which can be cured by 3 classes (if it stays curse) by regular spell, without CD, compared to blind and how can be canceled...

anyway, if druids wont be able to shift out of it, i will be happy with it sure its not polymorph, but it has its shine for sure

I would guess they can outshift from it. But keep in mind there are 2 classes who can dispell it untalented so it`s not as bad you could expect.