Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8788

Pretty nice patch overall... priests got help with mind sear cast cost it only costs over 2k mana at lvl 80 now.

P.S they nerffed innerfire so we get only 120 spell dmg on top rank against that good old 200

@ the Rhonin screenie.

Awesome ;D
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

That's the Icecrown Map, not Storm Peaks.

New Feral Instinct tooltip:
    Increases the damage done by your Swipe (Bear) ability by 30% and reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while Prowling.
    Is Cat Form getting a cleave? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi
    I'm confused...how is Master's Spellthread different from Sapphire Spellthread and Sanctified Spellthread different from Brilliant Spellthread?
    Probably cheaper in material cost
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

or hopefully placeholder... otherwise that will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare
    Hmm, having done the math this is even more of a brutal change to healers than I first anticipated. With a base mana of 4098, that makes Holy Light 11 now cost 1188 mana instead of 840. Couple that with the fact all downranking is gone and that it a fairly crushing nerf.
    You failed to mention the higher ranks of Holy Light in WOTLK... in order for this to be a nerf we would have to have a base mana pool of around 6500 which is not happening...this will be good for the higher ranks as for example Beacon of Light was 1900 mana but now will be significantly less at level 80. (Assume we have a 5500 base mana pool, it would be 1650 mana instead of 1900)

Yes it will suck for starting at 70 that our spells are a bit higher than what we were used too with TBC but in the end game it will be better than what we were anticipating, mana cost wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare
    Hmm, having done the math this is even more of a brutal change to healers than I first anticipated. With a base mana of 4098, that makes Holy Light 11 now cost 1188 mana instead of 840. Couple that with the fact all downranking is gone and that it a fairly crushing nerf.
    Paladin base mana at 70 is 2953...
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

even base int doesnt affect basemana.

Illidan should have been a Blacksmith...

Quote Originally Posted by Mäkelä
    Paladin base mana at 70 is 2953...
    That's a relief then. I thought it sounded kind of higher than I expected. I heard it was just your mana out of gear. So it's that less the mana from your natural int?

Although that means the mana cost is still increasing by 16, I wouldn't fret about that. Although now I kind of wonder if Light's Grace is worth having.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Yeah the base mana % is to stir away from downranking, it wasn't meant to increase spells...i.e. Flash in WOTLK is now 205 mana instead of 180, a pretty insignificant increase. This is good news if you compare the % costs to the static costs previously announced for WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Yeah the base mana % is to stir away from downranking, it wasn't meant to increase spells...i.e. Flash in WOTLK is now 205 mana instead of 180, a pretty insignificant increase. This is good news if you compare the % costs to the static costs previously announced for WOTLK.
    Yeah this is good news, I'm just fairly jumpy right now because I am still anticipating a pre-WotlK patch and anxious about a month or so of an awkward phase. That and I just like panicking... it's the only thing that let's me feel.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    This is a good thing imo. They should make all spells ingame to take over previous rank just like warrior and rogue abilities. Less crowded spellbook and more faire games.
    In the beta, there is a new box you can check in the spellbook to hide all lower ranks.

LOL, what's the point of even showing them now if they are going to be the same mana cost? =P

Seems like they changed the updater as well as it no longer show the patch notes whle its patching.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by aquachaos
    Rhonin is now in Dolaran

All nice and dandy, but I really hoped they fixed all those damn holes in Dalaran first.

H*ll yeah,
    having a look at this new BoP unique juwelcrafting thingys, I finaly decided i'd stick with it 10 more levels
    not yet sure bout leatherworking though...felt kind of though to level and pretty thin in pre-25-raid
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Update 06:15 CET

* New World Map - Storm Peaks
    * New Loading Screen - Strand of the Ancients
    * Jewelcrafting - You can now buy jewelcrafting plans for Tokens in Dalaran, according to the latest Blizzcast you can get these tokens by running daily quests for your profession. Jewelcrafting Token Rewards
    * Tailoring - Frostweave Bag, Mysterious Bag, Glacial Bag, Abyssal Bag, Spellweave, Ebonweave, Moonshroud, Frostweave Net
    * Blacksmithing - Titanium Weapon Chain
    The new world map is actually of Icecrown Glacier.

Quote Originally Posted by Polishedhead

However before we JCs cheer too loud, keep in mind these 'prismatic' bop gems are probably an oversight and will be changed to red, orange, yellow, green, blue or purple sometime soon.
    You ever considered it's intended for these gems to be 'Prismatic', thus making them even better then normal gems because you aren't bound to socket colours while utilizing your profession only gems ?

: