Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8788

Quote Originally Posted by glhyphic
    Blizzard explain base mana please, so if my fire mage has the base mana of 10k and living bomb costs 31% of base mana that is 3,1k mana or??? Kinda wierd since it was 980 mana which was quiet more then way to expensive ( yea 10 living bomb and I am OOM) so please explain

P.S.

Living bomb 31%
    DB 31%
    BW 28%
    and then arcane barrage 18% that is barely ok
    and Deep freeze 8% and those 2 are instant cast and their dmg is only like 500-600 less then LB
    BASE mana, that is the mana you have WITHOUT ANY INTELLECT. Its not the mana you have without gear, because even without gear you have some intellect. Base mana is roughly around 3k, give or take 800. A level 70 paladin has 2953 base mana.

Edit: Bah, growly was quicker then me

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Because the "tailor only" enchant is a lot more powerful and can't be traded

That would suck for rogues who get 110 or 120 energy in their pool, and completely defeat the purpose of getting vigor then.
    Actually the spellthread and the tailor only spell are the same... One is not more powerful than the other... :P
    Omnicron - Lv 80 Blood Elf Death Knight
    < Not That Kind Of Orc > Medivh server
    Shadowlocke - Lv 80 Undead Warlock
    < The Shinigami > Medivh server

That would suck for rogues who get 110 or 120 energy in their pool, and completely defeat the purpose of getting vigor then.
    your base energy would still be the same.
    30% would be 30.

getting the extra energy from talents and gear would not affect the costs

Warrior (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8788))
    No other changes than the mana cost modifications on most of the skills. Please check the skills list for the respective cost of each skill / rank.

hmmm.... will warriors use mana now?? rofl
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-PniqN3AQj4
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄â–

Hmm, there goes rank 1 Frostnova too... great.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

so much for rank 1 frostbolt kiting against warriors lol. although i agree with it for certain things like polymorph and root where there is no reason to waste mana on a higher rank in certain PvE and almost all PvP situations.

however something like this is only going to hurt casters that much more in PvP, so it will be interesting to see how this shakes things up. also hurt big would be tankadins and downranking healers, but i suppose there will be less 'know-your-class' skill and more rotation / teamwork healing in raids, meaning a slightly less amount of individual skill combined with coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Desimal
    If they remove downranking it will really mess up for mages and paladins. Frostbolt rank 1 is a vital part of the frostmage pvp. As for paladins nothing is better to spam then Flash of Light rank 2 when you are oom. And for you that have played a paladin, once you are oom you are oom. So this is a life saver.
    The difference now though is that mana regeneration is in realtime, there is no more waiting the extra seconds to see 300 or so mana add to your pool, it's in real time so getting back to the flash heal of the highest rank won't take as long anymore.

I never downrank, I think it's weak and I'm a top paladin healer in an end game sunwell guild so I don't really see the fuss about it all. I personally like the changes because it has greatly reduced the static costs of end game WOTLK spells. (Beacon was 1900, will be around 1200 mana now with this change for example).

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    The difference now though is that mana regeneration is in realtime, there is no more waiting the extra seconds to see 300 or so mana add to your pool, it's in real time so getting back to the flash heal of the highest rank won't take as long anymore.

I never downrank, I think it's weak and I'm a top paladin healer in an end game sunwell guild so I don't really see the fuss about it all. I personally like the changes because it has greatly reduced the static costs of end game WOTLK spells. (Beacon was 1900, will be around 1200 mana now with this change for example).
    Again, it's not about how powerful the spell is in regards to rank 1 Frostbolt. You cast it for the slow effect and chance to freeze a target. Atm a frost specced mage has around 1s cast time on a rank 1 frostbolt, highest rank it's 2.5s. The difference there is you are standing still for longer, making you an easier target, and you have much more time now to have your spell interupted. By the time the cast is complete, you've probably been caught by the mob your kiting.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

I personally like the changes because it has greatly reduced the static costs of end game WOTLK spells. (Beacon was 1900, will be around 1200 mana now with this change for example).
    You sure? How much base mana will you have at level 80? I am 100% sure it will be more than you have at level 70

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare
    Hmm, having done the math this is even more of a brutal change to healers than I first anticipated. With a base mana of 4098, that makes Holy Light 11 now cost 1188 mana instead of 840. Couple that with the fact all downranking is gone and that it a fairly crushing nerf.
    It's beta. They will adjust things. They aren't just going to make the game unplayable for all casters.. come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lille7
    You sure? How much base mana will you have at level 80? I am 100% sure it will be more than you have at level 70
    You'll also have a lot more total mana. And... things will be adjusted.

so frostbolt spam is going to cost more than 25 mana (setting aside EP and FC)?
    WTF?
    having to choose between:
    a very short cast / low damage snare which helps stack WC and can trigger Frostbite
    vs.
    a longer cast / damage snare is unfair.

also: I have doubts that this proposed change will go through anyway...

And they say late Sunwell requires EVERYONE to be at the top of their game...
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    also: I have doubts that this proposed change will go through anyway...
    The change will, but it'll be adjusted somewhat still.

Whoa! Looks like Stoicism took a righteous hit from the nerfbat there. Missing on spells isn't exactly a big problem for Paladins, and resistances even less. People weren't exactly taking that talent for it's stun resistance, it was the dispel resistance that was the big part of it and now they've taking it away.

I never downrank, I think it's weak and I'm a top paladin healer in an end game sunwell guild so I don't really see the fuss about it all.
    Your logic and persuasiveness are back-breaking! Thank you for removing the scales from all those weak, downranking noobs' eyes!

/closed
    /thread

Stupid.

I always used Frost Nova on Rank 1 which costs about 55 Mana instead of Rank 5 which costs 185 Mana...
    And I wont know how much the new Ranks of Frost Nova cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicron76
    Actually the spellthread and the tailor only spell are the same... One is not more powerful than the other... :P
    Yeah didn't see that until later actually ^.^
    But since it's beta, there's still a good chance it's currently a placeholder.

Yeah didn't see that until later actually ^.^
    But since it's beta, there's still a good chance it's currently a placeholder.
    As I already stated in this thread, the tailoring self-only enchants are cheaper in materials then the boe version.
    2 vs 10 eternal life for the 50sp 20spi
    and
    2 eternal water vs 5+5 water/fire for the 50sp 30sta

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    Whoa! Looks like Stoicism took a righteous hit from the nerfbat there. Missing on spells isn't exactly a big problem for Paladins, and resistances even less. People weren't exactly taking that talent for it's stun resistance, it was the dispel resistance that was the big part of it and now they've taking it away.
    Well, it just further solidifies PvP Holy Paladins taking Sheath of Light.