Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    ikillbigppl

Art of War - what would u like to see it changed to

What would you like to see art of war changed to? Please post any ideas that would make art of war much better but not OP... This isn't a "the most powerfull thing we can think of" post... Please keep it within the class lore ;D

my idea is this

Art of War

3 tallents

Gives a 15% - 30% - 45% ( posibly 50% to make it even ) chance on any damaging crit to afflict the target with the wrath of god. dealing 100% of your total spell damage over 18 seconds modifided by attack power ( posibly 10 ap = 1 damage extra total ( not per tick ) aswell as slowing the oponent by 10% for the duration. ( posibly making the slow part stack to 3 )

another posible change

Art of War

gives a 33% 66% 100% chance to make your blessing immune to dispells ( would like this more personaly )

what do you think? please post your own as well

Re: Art of War - what would u like to see it changed to

Removing a Rogue's stunlock is insanely awesome as-is. Keep it. Imagine your poor Arena team's healer is stuck in a stunlock. What do you do?

Hand of Freedom.

ikillbigppl

yes but its ONLY for friends. it will not brake stuns on u... so as of now the tallent is only good for helping other ppl out... making blessing imune to dispels would be awsome and help alot more imo

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like a talent Retri Paladins should have. Especially not that deep in the talent tree.

And if Blizzard called the buff ''Wrath of God'', it would break the fourth wall. Again.

ikillbigppl

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero
    Yeah, but it doesn't seem like a talent Retri Paladins should have. Especially not that deep in the talent tree.

And if Blizzard called the buff ''Wrath of God'', it would break the fourth wall. Again.

lol im just talking about the buff itself not the name. the name can be pink panda buff for all i care... i just want art of war to be more than an anti stun for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    yes but its ONLY for friends. it will not brake stuns on u... so as of now the tallent is only good for helping other ppl out... making blessing imune to dispels would be awsome and help alot more imo
    Any Paladin playing Arena's with atleast half the IQ of a tomato understands that this talent, in it's current form, is incredibly good.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

PvE retri pally here, so I'd like it to be improved CS again, with 5-3-0% base mana cost of CS + possibly some other goodies (like the original chance on CS to make next judgement do double dmg).
    But I think a mana cost free CS would be too much to ask for. :P

It's incredible the way it is, keep it.

Other then upping the dmg reduction i think its awesome. Its a PvP talent and a damn good one at it.

It should stay like this

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...metagem_05.jpg

so with talent stoicism and that you should have 45% reduced stun duration, that's like 3.something seconds stuns

waste of 3 talent points to break a 3.something stun, 1.5 seconds of which is on the global cooldown don't you think the talent is more underwhelming now?

ikillbigppl

YOU CANT USE IT ON your self... if u are stunned u can not use it. you can only use it on friends that are stunned. so ultimently the only place to even think of having it is high ranking arena to stop your healer geting stunlocked to death... otherwise its a waist of 3 points

I think it is great the way it is, excellent pvp talent imo.

I like it the way it is now, gives me a reason to go 5/5/61 on my paladin :P

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    so ultimently the only place to even think of having it is high ranking arena to stop your healer geting stunlocked to death... otherwise its a waist of 3 points
    Which only happens like in every match?

I think I have an idea that would make Art of War useful for both PVP and PVE.
    Art of War
    Gives your critical strikes 5%, 10%, 15% chance to apply the Wrath of Retribution on your target, this debuff treats the target as if it was incapacitated or stunned and increases the chance your SoC will proc by 5%, 10%, 15%.
    This talent will have synergy with seal of command and will actually make it the top seal for retribution paladins, the talent has uses in both PVP and PVE, in PVP it gives the paladin the possibility to get off more burst off, and in PVE it gives a more steady DPS flow from both SoC and JoC, it even allows you to see the double damage component of JoC on a boss even though he is unstunable.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    I think I have an idea that would make Art of War useful for both PVP and PVE.
    Art of War
    Gives your critical strikes 5%, 10%, 15% chance to apply the Wrath of Retribution on your target, this debuff treats the target as if it was incapacitated or stunned and increases the chance your SoC will proc by 5%, 10%, 15%.
    This talent will have synergy with seal of command and will actually make it the top seal for retribution paladins, the talent has uses in both PVP and PVE, in PVP it gives the paladin the possibility to get off more burst off, and in PVE it gives a more steady DPS flow from both SoC and JoC, it even allows you to see the double damage component of JoC on a boss even though he is unstunable.
    This sounds like a good change maybe needs a little tweaking. It is very unique and could help both in PvP and PvE

I like the idea, but they cannot make all our talents PvE talents.

Firstly, this thread was about Art of War, what you describe is an change to CS.
    Secondly, I think it would be massively overpowered, and it would be ripe for PVP exploits.

If for example a ret pally and a MS warrior gank up on a healer it can have really adverse effects, a 8k heal crit would do 4k due to MS, and with guided by light it could do 2k.
    Even if it wouldn't stack with MS it could still be very overpowered, just send the paladin on the healer and a warrior on anything else, if the paladin can't be CC and the healer can't shake him, the paladin is looking and an infinite source of healing, that combined with judgment of the wise and divine storm would just make him too strong.

Heck in 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 a paladin could probably try and stick the debuff on 2 targets at once, it would take a lot of work to do, it might not be possible because of all the moving around, but in the event it does happen the paladin will be getting a lot of free healing.

As for Art of War, of course my suggestion could be tweaked to be 4%, 7%, 10% chance to apply the Wrath of Retribution, or change the chance for SoC to proc by 4%, 7%, 10% too.
    And again this idea to Art of War isn't a strict PVE talent, it has uses in both PVP and PVE and that is exactly what we want of it, a talent so deep in the retribution tree deserves to be this good.

It is already good enough, it does not deserve to be OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    Yeah it's good enough to not pick it up because if i get stunned ill either take the hits because i am in plate.
    It's not like you could Hand of Freedom yourself out of a stun anyway.

and if all else fails and i am low on hp ill cheat and use loh if its up.
    In an Arena?

If you are my teammate ill just bop you and keep Hand of freedom for when it is needed.
    So a Rogue Cheap Shots your healer and you respond with blowing your Blessing of Protection right off the bat?

In all honestly this talent is just ok but for the price and the placement in the tier for it imo not worth picking up.
    The talent is a bit pricey, but a 100% chance to remove a stun every 25 seconds is not something that should be waved off so easily.