Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hunters rejoice yet more good news!!

okay so a lot of our questions and suggestions have kinda been answered and here they are.

1. deterrence and master's call are gonna be baseline. this has gotta be one of the best things ive heard so far and also i wonder what is gonna be replacing them.

link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#7

2. animal handler not so useless anymore?i dont play BM but im sure BM hunters will be pretty happy about this.

link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#3

3. Serpent Sting reduced mana cost + more damage = more useful. looks like this is gonna be coming thus making potent venom something worth getting in future.

link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#6

4. New changes to MM and SV specs. TSA will become raid wide. Silencing = proper interrupt. SV is being restructured

link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&sid=2000#15

well all these things are pretty decent news if you ask me

final thing to note

hunters will be getting a big push in the next build so we can only wait to see what other awesome stuff happens for us!! ^^

link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#1

**EDIT**

Survival

T.N.T - 15% to stun targets and 15% crit for your explosive shot.. also counting the fact that ES will hav bonuses from sniper training which is another 15%.. THATS 30%!?!?! HOLY SH!T!! + MT thats 40% and lets say you hav a base of 30% crit unbuffed thats 70% crit chance for ES at targets below 30 % HP!! and buffed you would probably get about 75-80%.. thats just too bloody awesome

Survival Instincts - you can now get it earlier in the tree so now no more speccing useless talents to progress. pure awesomeness

Lock and Load - This has to be by far one of the best new talents given to SV hunters along with T.N.T. 15% chance for stings to give you 3 free ES/AS? FRICKIN AWESOME? cosumes no ammo sounds pretty nice looks like their addressing some ammo issues. 100% chance from trap for 3 free ES/AS also.. that means if you start off on a boss with immo/bear trap you get 3 free ES/AS already.

Surefooted - Meh plus another 20% up to 50% less duration on movement impairing effects..I'd rather this be a resist but bleh.. better than nothing i guess

Hunter Vs. Wild - This seems pretty interesting but the way it is now I won't spec it. Careful Aim still gives you WAAAAAAY more AP than this and even though your pet gets some AP too.. i think the amount of AP you gain from Careful Aim might still be more... we shall just have to see based on itemization thats occuring in LK and whether they change this talent.. still pretty cool though.

Noxious Stings - It's way better tbh. they buffed it PvP wise. taking out the mana reduction still seems ok seeing how they did mention the mana coefficients and scaling for serpent sting was gonna be changed. HUGE PvP buff though but should apply to all stings yeh? im sure u guys agree on this part at least. Dispel viper sting? im sorry you hav it now Tongue

Explosive Shot - i think they nerfed the dmg on ES a bit but meh... they made a separate AoE dmg for it too which i dont really care much for.

Trap Mastery - This talent better be bloody good because its basically replacing our 11pt Talent - Skill. I foresee something like increase duration and resist mixed together but i hope not.

Beast Mastary
    Separation Anxienty - this is a great buff for BM but meh i dont really care much for BM lol

Aspect Mastery - 1 pt to get 50% more AP from your AotH.. NICE (no im not being sarcastic)

Spirit Bond - Looks like more people will go Spirit Bond for raids i guess

Animal Handler - Looks like more people will go this for PvP Tongue

Path finding - Lol?

Marksmanship

Chimera Shot - As mentioned before.. this was to be expected

Rapid Recuperation - Seems interesting.. 150% mana returned = to dmg... that means if you crit for 2k you get 2.5k mana back seems pretty nice.. if you killed the target thus gaining rapid killing of course..

Re: Hunters rejoice yet more good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    2. animal handler not so useless anymore?i dont play BM but im sure BM hunters will be pretty happy about this.
    Depends on what they change it to.
    Otherwise awesome.

15+ Year Old Account

All seems very nice, especially Deterrence and master's call which are gonna be base spells.
    And a big hunter push in the next build...hmm..can't wait!

With the new %-based skills, it seems that with a base mana pool of ~4k you can expect up to half the mana costs of what the abilities cost now
    That just saved me 500mp5 ;D

Swell.

I am so very excited for WoTLK.

And no I'm not being sarcastic.

How was 4% pet hit ever useless? Unless you concidered Spirit Bond a must-have for raiding (lol)

its useless now that hunter's hit rating is given to pet too.. that being said the pet will most likely have extra hit % that it prob wont need so fixing this would make animal handler less "lackluster" as mentioned by Koraa

So happy i could cry. I really hope they have a fiddle with the first few rows of SV as it doesn't flow very well at the moment
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

SV really will benefit from a restructure. Its an amazing tree but has a lot of offputting talents.

I'm an ex SV hunter who rolled BM and became addicted to damage(and we have now another SV hunter anyway so no need to go back !)

I also am looking forward to this hunter push (this mana % thing being very nice considering running oom at 60% of a level 71 non elites health at level 75 on beta really was not fun). Since the change I can report that theres a lot less downtime but enough to balance us between other classes in levelling.

Arcane Shot Rank 10 is bugged though and costs - wait for it - a staggering 7 mana, Steady is 168 and Multi was..241 or 421 or something.

(based on level 75 mana pool)

15+ Year Old Account

Navai I'm addicted to damage to, but still Survival hunter. Got no gear from BT/MH but I can still reach 1200 dps Which is my record so far.

Hope the changes to Survival are good, like changing Lightning Reflexes to its pre-nerfed form (25% agi)

I think if it's being restructured we'll get something a la old revamps, hope it gets more dmg and keeps utility, also would like to see another (next to MT) deadstreak preventing talent

was MM pre-TBC but switched to SV just a bit before i heard TBC was announced and honestly i thnk SV is really more fun than any other spec i've tried (never tried BM and dont intend to lol)

im really kinda glad that SV is getting restructured some of the talents are really just there as placeholders imo.. like imp FD, trap masteries (isnt this spose to be gone???) and resourcefulness.

1. you can flame me if you want but imp FD is something that i dont see saving my ass as much since i hardly ever get resists but thats just me and my logic so yeh

2. trap masteries...lol

3. resourcefulness.. okay so 6 seconds off trap CD and 60% off melee and trap mana costs? as if i would waste anything on this..

at the end of the day its these ridiculous talents that give me a build of 0/15/56 and this is if serpent sting manages to prove its worth with better coefficients such as more dmg + less mana cost which means i would be getting potent venom. i guess without these useless talents, we wont be able to want to spec so that we get other great talents e.g. less talent points for gfft and careful aim etc.. but thats just me

i like some of these changes but saving my joy for release things change way too often in beta sucks to get good news then poof it goes in the next push

Quote Originally Posted by feac
    i like some of these changes but saving my joy for release things change way too often in beta sucks to get good news then poof it goes in the next push
    lol yeh true that its kinda annoying lmao...imagine

now: YAY OMG KILLSHOT
    release: wtf no killshot? lol gg

you get the point lol

Idt, FD rly resists lots of time you just don't see it, I use imp. FD (kinda point holder) and I see big diffrence, but who knows, I think it should stay here. As for Sniper Training, leave it in Survival Tree. But things like: Trap Mastery? Savage Strikes (ok maybe some1 uses melee skills in pvp, but not me)? Resourcefulness? There are great talents deep in tree, 1st talents simply suck... Also that +6%crit on trapped targets should get changed, it could be part of potent venom tbh, instead of -30% mana costs:P I'd also see Wyvern Sting becoming something like a sheep, no cooldown, no cast time (it's 41pointer), NO POISON thingy afterwards, and additional chance to not get dispelled, like 5%/rank (up to 6 ranks)

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix
    Idt, FD rly resists lots of time you just don't see it, I use imp. FD (kinda point holder) and I see big diffrence, but who knows, I think it should stay here. As for Sniper Training, leave it in Survival Tree. But things like: Trap Mastery? Savage Strikes (ok maybe some1 uses melee skills in pvp, but not me)? Resourcefulness? There are great talents deep in tree, 1st talents simply suck... Also that +6%crit on trapped targets should get changed, it could be part of potent venom tbh, instead of -30% mana costs:P I'd also see Wyvern Sting becoming something like a sheep, no cooldown, no cast time (it's 41pointer), NO POISON thingy afterwards, and additional chance to not get dispelled, like 5%/rank (up to 6 ranks)
    maybe its just my hunter that i dont see a lot of FD resists lol

anyway savage strikes is actually pretty awesome in PvP especially if you yur using a polearm you'd be suprised at the amount of dmg you get. in tier 4-ish gear i was critting mages that thought they could nova / CoC run through me for like 2k thus finishing them off. basically with like savage strikes its definitely a crit for you raptor most of the time but i hav to agree that this is still a bit lackluster...

as for wyvern sting.. just leave the dmg there because having to put on scorpid so you can CC again may be a hassle but at least it still takes a wee bit of skill to do. i'd rather they leave it on there so hunters arent such a no brainer class anymore

what i would like to see is something more happening to readiness... yes refreshing all hunter CDs is nice but there has to be more to it than just that imo

Maybe also +x%crit/AP for some time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix
    Maybe also +x%crit/AP for some time?
    maybe agility.. who knows? what i think is that for a 41 pt talent, readiness has to be by far.. the most .. "PLAIN" looking talent i've seen in all of WoW

yes, it's PLAIN... but timed agility bonus is not best bet, i mean it'll increase your downtime on EW somehow, and it'd rly have to add lots of it to compensate 5min bonus, which would make it OP or UP. There's also another thing, that it could increase Agility for 5 minutes (Readiness Cooldown) so could just spam it;P though it's still PLAIN

yeh exactly... its the most boring talent skill ever lol... i wonder if blizz is even gonna fix it.. keep the CD refresh but give it a little bit more umph! imo if u get my gist lol