Thread: Vengeance nerf?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Vengeance nerf?

Sigh this talent was fine as it was. Nerf something else, leave my Vengeance alone!
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    Lolwut ? Where are you guys getting this -5% from vengeance from or for that matter 20% total increase ? Blizzard has not said a word yet about Paladin's Vengeance % changing at all. All we know is how Death Knight's Blood Vengeance is playing out atm. I think some of you are overreacting.

Decaf anyone ?
    If you look at the first post there's a link to where the beta notes are being listed. Then scroll down to the bottom of the paladin one and it says "Vengeance (Retribution) now stacks up to 2 times, reduced from 3." Never said what the % will be so we'll have to wait.

They haven't managed to get this class fixed for the last what, 3 or 4 years? Why I ever let myself believe they would do it between now and wotlk's release is Beyond me.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Oh good lord.

CHILL OUT.

We are so OP they could take the talent out and we would still be top DPS, and kill people in under 3 seconds.

When the MECHANICS of the class are FINISHED, THEN and only THEN, will damage be tuned. they can change all the damage numbers to be what they want at anytime. What Ghostcrawler is doing right now is getting the class to play right. After that is done damage will be looked at.

When you get a chance to play the new Paladin you will enjoy it, so relax.

I'm not sure, if you can call Solo'ing Elite mobs with no downtime Balanced...If you can, yeah! We're balanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    I'm not sure, if you can call Solo'ing Elite mobs with no downtime Balanced...If you can, yeah! We're balanced!
    i one was witness of 3 pallies and a shaman wrecking havoc in valgarde ... including defending players

basicly oneshotting people
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Personally I don't mind this too much. But if they are going to do this, then at least give us the brighter side of the deal an make it:

2/4/6/8/10% : doesn't stack

It's not that big of a difference over all, but it will atleast allow it to be up a little more. :/

either way; here's to hoping we don't become useless again!

Seriously, whining about a class that can do 10k+ burst ON DEMAND (Pretty much) Getting nerfed is just plain stupid, we're you seriously expecting blizz to allow that kind of dmg make it live?
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

At the moment, Paladins are matching pure DPS classes for sustained DPS, that is about 10-15% too much DPS expect to see it toned down somewhere between 15% and 20% over the next couple of months, and then slowly raised come WotL

i still see paladins as the kings / queens of burst. it just seems wrong for them to have such sustaned dps and be one of the stronges buffers in game. somthing has to give lol.

honestly stopping qqing about 5% damage, its like forgetting to put ur aura up

and rets getting a couple hundred extra dps just at 70 anyway

If paladins are as overpowered as people say they are in betas then I really don't mind this nerf, while it does bother me now of course I'm sure I'll forget it 3 months into WoTLK if I can still DPS well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    I seriously believe you are blowing that way out of left field. I have watched all the Paladin videos and i haven't seen 1 of them after the Art of War change do anything near to 10k burst damage on demand. I am not saying things don't need to be toned down and I'm not saying they do. What i am seeing so far atm is steady dps with effective mana return.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l050W7mLSA

Check out the end, the pally does 10k burst , and this is after art of war change
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

oh yeah forgot this one from this post.

RETLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffPriest!

Check out the end, the pally does 10k burst , and this is after art of war change
    Yes, when all the planets align and we get a proc and crit streak woot(Not by demand but luck)! Come lvl 80, all in pvp gear I doubt paladins will be hitting as hard relative to how the video protrays ret pallys atm. Still, how long did that damn ent last huh? Thats overpowered if you ask me.

Before tuning our dps down a notch as it is now, wait till beta lvl cap hits 80, get some lvl 80 pvp gear (or pve equivalent) and then test 8)

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

7k plus attack on some target, with no info on that players stats and your ready to cry nerf?

not to mention that it was trinketed with wings up.

Why don't you go call for buffs to your own class and leave perhaps one of the most overlooked and neglected specs in the game out of your trolling. K thx.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by BuffPriest!

Im afraid that you are wrong. If you check the video again you will see that before he does that he has an art of war proc.

edit: And I guess things like this is fine http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LL1IMh...eature=related

i think that all the so called 'pure' dps classes are going to have to accept that in wotlk all dps classes whether they be hunters, ret pallys or druid cats that all dps will be fairly even. If you have more than one dps tree that means you will be able to adapt to fights easier than a class that only has one, but it does not mean they should be inferior. I dont mind if a good rogue who knows his class and plays well (when i say play well , this means when something goes wrong in a fight, they can play around it) out dps's me. BUT, goddamnit, he should have to be playing well to out dps me, if he is autohitting he should get his ass kicked in the meters. Things will, and should, be much closer.

Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstu
    i think that all the so called 'pure' dps classes are going to have to accept that in wotlk all dps classes whether they be hunters, ret pallys or druid cats that all dps will be fairly even. If you have more than one dps tree that means you will be able to adapt to fights easier than a class that only has one, but it does not mean they should be inferior. I dont mind if a good rogue who knows his class and plays well (when i say play well , this means when something goes wrong in a fight, they can play around it) out dps's me. BUT, goddamnit, he should have to be playing well to out dps me, if he is autohitting he should get his ass kicked in the meters. Things will, and should, be much closer.

No, Pure DPS classes should do MORE DPS than hybrids. else what the fuck is the point of Pure DPS classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    No, Pure DPS classes should do MORE DPS than hybrids. else what the fuck is the point of Pure DPS classes?
    No such thing as hybrid class. You have one job thats it. 'pure' dps classes means nothing apart from adaptability that those who have one tree will always lack. Thats the 'fucking' point.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.