Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resisting Thunderstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Szeraax

-Can a hunter that is Feigning still be launched? yes, no, or when not resisted?
    -Ice blocked mage? (ice block while in air will prevent all fall damage, right?)
    -Bubbled pally?
    -someone who got feared?
    -freeze trapped?
    -blinded?
    -hexed? (lol, flying priest that's a frog cant cast slow fall...)
    -other cc?
    I'm in the beta, so i'll tell you what i know for sure, I'll test some of the others out and repost what i know.

Feign Death - As an AoE spell i expect it to fully damage and knockback feigned hunters
    Ice Block - Immune to damage and knockback if cast before thunderstorm, if cast while in air any fall dmg should be negated.
    Bubble - Same as Ice Block
    Forms of CC - I'll do some further testing on this, but what i've seen so far is that if the form of CC is broken on damage (such as poly, incapacitates, disorients, etc.) TS will break the CC with its damage element and knock the target back. However if a CC does not break on damage (stuns, roots) the target will take damage but not be knocked back.
    Hex - Cannot be tested, not trainable until lvl 80 and the lvl cap in beta is currently 77. Let you know once cap is raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthorns
    I'm in the beta, so i'll tell you what i know for sure, I'll test some of the others out and repost what i know.

Feign Death - As an AoE spell i expect it to fully damage and knockback feigned hunters
    Ice Block - Immune to damage and knockback if cast before thunderstorm, if cast while in air any fall dmg should be negated.
    Bubble - Same as Ice Block
    Forms of CC - I'll do some further testing on this, but what i've seen so far is that if the form of CC is broken on damage (such as poly, incapacitates, disorients, etc.) TS will break the CC with its damage element and knock the target back. However if a CC does not break on damage (stuns, roots) the target will take damage but not be knocked back.
    Hex - Cannot be tested, not trainable until lvl 80 and the lvl cap in beta is currently 77. Let you know once cap is raised.
    Thank you much Sir for gracing us with your presence in this great world of non beta testers! Your info is greatly appreciated. I believe taht i only have 1 other question then. "However if a CC does not break on damage (stuns, roots) the target will take damage but not be knocked back." why do you suppose that happens? do you think its a part of the stun or root mechanic? or do you think blizz just coded it so that if people stay stuck after damage, they don't fly? If its just part of the mechanic, i would expect there to still be a chance that you can hex and TS with chance for them to be a cc'd-rock. but if they coded it into the TS ability, I would expect that being rooted then typhooned would also not knock you back... Again, thanks much and i expect to get my beta key this thursday or friday... YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you could compare this one to deathcoil. It needs to do the dmg first to apply the effect if it works same way, which im pretty sure it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    I think you could compare this one to deathcoil. It needs to do the dmg first to apply the effect if it works same way, which im pretty sure it will.
    I dont think so. Nighthorns said that if it is stuck in place (stun, root) and takes damage, they still are not knocked back. Hmm, Nighthorns: Have you ever seen 1 part of TS resisted? or is a resist constituted for the whole ability? (Have you seen anyone resist the damage and then go flying? have you seen anyone take damage and resist flying? when someone resists, is the entire abil resisted? thanks)

I've never seen a target resist the damage but be knocked back. I have however (when frost shock had a chance to freeze) rooted a target with freeze then TS'd. The damage went through but the target remained rooted in place next to me.

Since roots make the target immune to the knockback effect i simply assumed that stuns were included (as they both do not break on damage). Hopefully tonight i can get some of my beta guildies to come test out some situations with me.

also note, if i remember correctly, targets immune to nature damage (earth and air elementals) are immune to the TS and therefore are not knocked back either.

I've never seen a target resist the damage but be knocked back. I have however (when frost shock had a chance to freeze) rooted a target with freeze then TS'd. The damage went through but the target remained rooted in place next to me.

Since roots make the target immune to the knockback effect i simply assumed that stuns were included (as they both do not break on damage). Hopefully tonight i can get some of my beta guildies to come test out some situations with me.

also note, if i remember correctly, targets immune to nature damage (earth and air elementals) are immune to the TS and therefore are not knocked back either.
    Ah crap... now i can't frostshock + ts + run +frostshock the 90 bloody air and earth ele's for my mastery quests... (those 3 sets of 3 were not fun as resto, btw)

However, very good information and i'm sure many await your results when you have time tonight or tomorrow.

BTW, nighthorns, can you tell us with LvB is like? damage comparison to LB and CL (with and w/o fireshock) and how long it takes to deal the damage? (travel time relative to LB and CL?)

-Me

15+ Year Old Account

Just tested Ice Block and Feign death with Thunderstorm and Death Grip.

Ice Block IS NOT affected by Thunderstorm,
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...s/iceblock.jpg

Feign death IS affected by Thunderstorm
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...feigndeath.jpg

As for Death Grip...
    Ice Block is completely immune to it
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...iceblockDG.jpg

Feign Death however is vulnerable to the pull effect
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...itres/DGFD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous
    Just tested Ice Block and Feign death with Thunderstorm and Death Grip.

Ice Block IS NOT affected by Thunderstorm,
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...s/iceblock.jpg

Feign death IS affected by Thunderstorm
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...feigndeath.jpg

Death Grip results in a sec...
    very good. Thanks man! you know, thinking about it, I dont think i ever wanna cast TS on a hunter... that means i pop them 20-30 yds away from me. that's is their IDEAL distance from shammys... (no shocks\snares, but close enough that they can deal a number to ya before you get away...)

Ok, just did some basic testing and this is what i can tell you so far

Stunned Targets (tested with warstomp and stoneclaw proc): Take damage, no knockback effect
    Rooted Targets (tested with frost nova): Take damage, no knockback effect
    Snared Targets (tested with earthbind totem): Take damage, take full distance knockback (not a decreased effect to do snare slowing)
    Iceblocked Mage: Immune to both damage and knockback effect.
    Feigned Death: Deals full damage and knockback effect
    Polymorphed Target: Deals full damage and knockback effect, breaks the CC.
    Freezing Trapped Target: Deals full damage and knockback effect, breaks the CC.
    Feared Target (tested with Hunter's Fear Beast): Deals full damage and knockback effect, Has a chance to break the Fear just like any other direct damage spell.
    Slept Target (tested with Hunter's Wyvern Sting): Deals full damage and knockback effect, breaks the CC.

If there is anything else you can think to test post it here and i'll do my best.

As far as LvB dmg comparison i find the damage to be slightly above that of my lightning bolt. Non-crits generally are around 2k with crits (self buffed) reaching as high as 4600. The damage of LvB is not increased with flame shock, the only difference is a 100% chance to crit. A LvB crit due to pure luck and a LvB crit due to a flame shocked target will do the same amount of damage.

Travel time of LvB is roughly the same as LB.

Anything else lemme know.

*note: Damage of LvB is not done scientifically or anything just what i see in my general grinding. I have points into call of flame, elemental fury, elemental oath, have a 3% crit damage meta, many things that could alter the results so dont take my post as anything more that what it is, my observations.

Special thanks to Malvenue and Doomplane of the Northrend beta server for helping me to test these.

*Edit* Dang, Fortuitous posted 2 while i was typing this out

Blessing of protection? it might keep you safe from knockback incase its classed as physical effect?

Also chains of ice? considering it is 100% snare instead of immobilize could be worth of testing.

Ok, just did some basic testing and this is what i can tell you so far

Stunned Targets (tested with warstomp and stoneclaw proc): Take damage, no knockback effect
    Rooted Targets (tested with frost nova): Take damage, no knockback effect
    Snared Targets (tested with earthbind totem): Take damage, take full distance knockback (not a decreased effect to do snare slowing)
    Iceblocked Mage: Immune to both damage and knockback effect.
    Feigned Death: Deals full damage and knockback effect
    Polymorphed Target: Deals full damage and knockback effect, breaks the CC.
    Freezing Trapped Target: Deals full damage and knockback effect, breaks the CC.
    Feared Target (tested with Hunter's Fear Beast): Deals full damage and knockback effect, Has a chance to break the Fear just like any other direct damage spell.
    Slept Target (tested with Hunter's Wyvern Sting): Deals full damage and knockback effect, breaks the CC.

If there is anything else you can think to test post it here and i'll do my best.

As far as LvB dmg comparison i find the damage to be slightly above that of my lightning bolt. Non-crits generally are around 2k with crits (self buffed) reaching as high as 4600. The damage of LvB is not increased with flame shock, the only difference is a 100% chance to crit. A LvB crit due to pure luck and a LvB crit due to a flame shocked target will do the same amount of damage.

Travel time of LvB is roughly the same as LB.

Anything else lemme know.

*note: Damage of LvB is not done scientifically or anything just what i see in my general grinding. I have points into call of flame, elemental fury, elemental oath, have a 3% crit damage meta, many things that could alter the results so dont take my post as anything more that what it is, my observations.

Special thanks to Malvenue and Doomplane of the Northrend beta server for helping me to test these.

*Edit* Dang, Fortuitous posted 2 while i was typing this out
    VERY insightful. Many thanks to you, Malvenue and Doomplane. looks like better burst hit may in fact be FireShock (do we have a abb. for that? we all do fs for frost... FrS for fire perhaps? lets roll with that) + TS + LvB + CL (with a 40% reduction in mana, ty 100% crit LvB) and if you're not stunned by now, you have used 6.5 seconds since your shock, so you can use Earth Shock to finish it off. That sounds pretty nice.

Also, i'm excited to know that slowed (due to EB, FS, or FB (Frostbrand (I know... no one uses it))) will still fly the full 20 yds.

That's all my questions at the moment. Thanks guys, hope to see ya in the US PvP (Horde) server this weekend. Is northrend the pvp or lich king pvp? also, if you're ally, we gotta hook up to test TS'isg eachother, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Blessing of protection? it might keep you safe from knockback incase its classed as physical effect?

Also chains of ice? considering it is 100% snare instead of immobilize could be worth of testing.
    ooo, good idea. i forgot about that annoyingish BK abil... (only annoying when i'm trying to run away... haha)

Northrend is PvE, Lich King is PvP. I have 2 chars on each server, just decided to level my shaman to 77 on Northrend first so i could test things without getting ganked to hell.

BoP i assume would be effected by TS, but i'll test when i get the chance, as for Chains of Ice that is a VERY good question. Will have to check that out for sure.

Oh yeah, and i'm Horde.

Northrend is PvE, Lich King is PvP. I have 2 chars on each server, just decided to level my shaman to 77 on Northrend first so i could test things without getting ganked to hell.

BoP i assume would be effected by TS, but i'll test when i get the chance, as for Chains of Ice that is a VERY good question. Will have to check that out for sure.

Oh yeah, and i'm Horde.
    Good man. I knew someone being helpful (other than being the recipient of TS tests) had to be horde... :P

Think there might be some quirk with BoF? (Blessing of freedom - No movement impairing effects (i think that's what it is)) think that for some reason it might be immune to the knockback? (i dunno if that blessing is in wotlk or anything...)

EDIT: I Still suxorz at spelling

seriously doubt BoF would have any effect what so ever on TS. A Shaman shouldn't be affected by BoF anyways since it can easily be purged before you TS if it actually did have an effect.