Daggers or Swords----Dam or Speed

I was thinking about switching to daggers from swords and i was just wondering if the speed from the daggers would equal out to the damage posted on the sword.....the higher the speed the more damage out put?

Re: Daggers or Swords----Dam or Speed

Quote Originally Posted by warmachine 2
    I was thinking about switching to daggers from swords and i was just wondering if the speed from the daggers would equal out to the damage posted on the sword.....the higher the speed the more damage out put?
    Noooooo, baaaaaaad.

I'll type more in a minute, eating atm.

ok ill stand by then ;D

Same dps weapons do same dmg on auto attack. Daggers lose some damage on some special abilitys cause they get normalized on 1.7 instead swords getting 2.2 value, yet daggers give you muti which is super if you compare CP/dmg per energy.

So would a change from daggers to swords be a smart move with the new weps coming out in WoTLK or should i save the 20g and stick with the swords?

save 20g for now ^^ muti might be viable in wotlk but atm swords are better.

ok thanks

Ok, I'm back.

Anyways, Swords is superior to any other weapon type in the game for Rogues right now. A lot of it has to do with the normalization like the above poster said, a lot of it has to do with sword spec and the way the talents flow together for abilities like Sinister Strike.

Now, come WotLK, daggers are getting a huge boost and will have a lot of potential. On tank and spank fights, there is a good chance they will meet or beat swords (depending on how the finalized WotLK comes out) and they will be great for PvP so far. The only downside is the more mobile fights and positioning in which case swords will probably push ahead because there is no need to be behind the target to pull off an attack (though you should anyways).