Thread: SP pvp

SP pvp

Is it just me or did they buff our arena anticlass in the new dimension? looks like they made everything baseline abilitys for them and removed talent trees to make it more retard friendly... While all this is happening priest developers are trying to come up with plan how can tanks tank while priest shield is up!

Point of this post was that when shadowpriests make valid points that they will be utterly crap class in wotlk PvE some random face always come and post "but you will be godlike in pvp... you got dispersion" Splendid really... i hope they fire current priest developers cause man i think a old ragged shoe would do better job than them.

Re: SP pvp

which of our anti-classes are you referring to??..or do you mean all?

pain suppresion should be trainable

also dispersion, and replace the 51pointer with something more useful

(now dont go all nuts on me for saying this... its my opinion and im sticking to it :P )

First of all, which class is our anti class, cause in tbc i can think of many. But from what I've heard from people I know in beta, sp's are in great shape as far as pvp is concerned and are still very viable in pve. Sure dispersion is a PvP talent, the regen it gives feels like a throwback to PvE but in reality its still useless since SP regen in pve gear is massive now. Our damage has been up'ed, and to maintain balance are regen was nerfed even though Blizz says the regen is pretty much the same. Our personal regen is off the charts with a little spirit and the new spirit tap, add in better efficieny and no need to cast swp and I hear its actually hard to hurt your own mana bar. In PvP, the new talents are essentially just mixes of what we've been asking for, a little more mitigation is all thats missing. Otherwise wotlk looks very nice for SP's its just a matter of how fast they buff everyone else after the expansion.

or nerf spriests some more, to "balance" sh*t out

Dispersion gives 90% damage reduction for 6 seconds and regens 36% of your health... obviously you guys haven't done any high end raiding. Illidan's Dark Barage or Agonoising flames? Brutallus burn? Felmyst encapsulate? Illidari council aoe/envenom?

There are heaps of situations where an oh shit button is useful and half the battle for pve encounters is staying alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Retreat
    First of all, which class is our anti class, cause in tbc i can think of many.  But from what I've heard from people I know in beta, sp's are  in great shape as far as pvp is concerned and are still very viable in pve.  Sure dispersion is a PvP talent, the regen it gives feels like a throwback to PvE but in reality its still useless since SP regen in pve gear is massive now.  Our damage has been up'ed, and to maintain balance are regen was nerfed even though Blizz says the regen is pretty much the same.  Our personal regen is off the charts with a little spirit and the new spirit tap, add in better efficieny and no need to cast swp and I hear its actually hard to hurt your own mana bar.  In PvP, the new talents are essentially just mixes of what we've been asking for, a little more mitigation is all thats missing.  Otherwise wotlk looks very nice for SP's its just a matter of how fast they buff everyone else after the expansion.
    i hear ppl are saying sp`s are going oom in beta. and at lvl 77 t6 priest could pump out 100 dps more on dr. boom than they could do at lvl 70. And i personally dont think dispersion is that bad but problem lies elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    i hear ppl are saying sp`s are going oom in beta. and at lvl 77 t6 priest could pump out 100 dps more on dr. boom than they could do at lvl 70. And i personally dont think dispersion is that bad but problem lies elsewhere.
    Don't know who you heard that from, I have the beta. I honestly do not go below 90% mana EVER atm as a Spriest, and uhh 100 dps more? Seriously umm who the hell is playing that class? I'm getting close to 2200 in my t6.

If you pull aggro in WoTLK, go go dispersion? It's a button where you do not have to DPS. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Don't know who you heard that from, I have the beta. I honestly do not go below 90% mana EVER atm as a Spriest, and uhh 100 dps more? Seriously umm who the hell is playing that class? I'm getting close to 2200 in my t6.
    Considering my current T6 spriest is capable of nearly 1600 dps on Brutallus with no totems or BL I don't doubt at all that >2K dps is possible with the new talents.

almost 30% increase is serious bussiness and im very doubtful about that 2.2k

It's hunter I'm guessing with mana drain stings and stronger pets and yeah they are the most retard friendly class goin now there is almost no chance of getting near them if your not a fury warrior or perhaps DK.

If shadow priests get alot of use out of spirit now and there isn't alot on sunwell gear and this gear hasn't been changed I don't see why just leveling up would give you a huge damage boost yet.