Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My opinion about a retribution paladin's problems in PVP

disadvantage to melee classes?i loled if u are low on health u can heal u can bubble stfu l2p

Quote Originally Posted by caow
    disadvantage to melee classes?i loled if u are low on health u can heal u can bubble stfu l2p
    Without meaning to offend special people by comparing them to this guy... but srsly are you retarded? Do you even understand the mana problems a ret paladin faces? No. You don't.

Apparently in WotLK this is fixed... but honestly. Anyone remember TBC BETA? When everyone whined about OP paladins and we got nerfed? I'll be REALLY surprised if Paladins are given their moment to shine in release.

Retribution paladin's real problem is Dumb people.

They have great tools to get away with it, although I do agree the gear needed to pull this off must be top of the line and an interrupt is needed to fight healers.

MS and snares would just kill the identity of the class, Repentance is already being changed to work as a semi-decent CC.
    Justice does keep people on range, considering you don't have much latency.

But, with the damage output they are recieving, the AP to SD conversion, a new instant attack that heals a small but not unwelcomed portion, evocation and infinite mana, I could forget the other reasons.

Crusader strike needs a stacking holy damage debuff like the Original attack from SM mobs and I'm happy enough

just add a pummel mechanic for crusader strike(even if the interrupt only lasts 1 sec at least an interrupt) and add +hit % on the talent imp Hammer of Justice that should be ok heh

Hi, my names his Rasputine, and I play a ret paladin. (in PvP)

I have a fantastic set of tools at my disposal, and i have the games most effective interrupts.
    Firstly, i will stun you from a decent range, and drop a debuff on you limiting your movement speed.
    Then i will close to you, and smoke you in the face for a few thousand damage.
    since this damage broke my first stun or if my target was a bad, he blew his trinket or similar effect, so I'll use my second stun.
    This stun won't break on damage, so enjoy your second dose of a few thousand damage.
    Hmm, now i'm in a bind, i seems to have an angry <class> here that i can't stun for the next 30 seconds, well, i have a fair amount of hp and armor, so i guess I'll just take the damage for a while. Oh no! i'm at 50% health, and now I"m stuned/CCed/dieing.
    Now I'll bubble. at this point i could heal myself, and sure, why now, throw a holy light or a bandage on, depending on my health and mana. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to smoke you in the face a few times before this bubble pops.
    Well, this just sucks, cause now i've used most of my tricks, and you're not quite dead yet, but whatever, i'll just hit you a few more times.
    Oh hey! look at that! i'm going to stun you again! enjoy the damage!
    Seems like the <class> wants to run away now, cause he's a little low on health. Damn, i sure wish i had something that did large ammounts of damage at range to a target that has low health and is running away.

OH WAIT, i guess I'll just kill him now.

Enjoy your final damage spike.

Paladins don't get an interrupt, it's true, and there are times when i wish i had one. but then i just kill the son of a bitch, and he can't cast anymore! god-DAMN that was effective. maybe you should just stack some more crit and blow faces off.

PS: i have shitty gear. i still blow up <class> if (<class>!=(warlock||healer))

r u able to pwn frost mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Hi, my names his Rasputine, and I play a ret paladin. (in PvP)

I have a fantastic set of tools at my disposal, and i have the games most effective interrupts.
    Firstly, i will stun you from a decent range, and drop a debuff on you limiting your movement speed.
    Then i will close to you, and smoke you in the face for a few thousand damage.
    since this damage broke my first stun or if my target was a bad, he blew his trinket or similar effect, so I'll use my second stun.
    This stun won't break on damage, so enjoy your second dose of a few thousand damage.
    Hmm, now i'm in a bind, i seems to have an angry <class> here that i can't stun for the next 30 seconds, well, i have a fair amount of hp and armor, so i guess I'll just take the damage for a while. Oh no! i'm at 50% health, and now I"m stuned/CCed/dieing.
    Now I'll bubble. at this point i could heal myself, and sure, why now, throw a holy light or a bandage on, depending on my health and mana. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to smoke you in the face a few times before this bubble pops.
    Well, this just sucks, cause now i've used most of my tricks, and you're not quite dead yet, but whatever, i'll just hit you a few more times.
    Oh hey! look at that! i'm going to stun you again! enjoy the damage!
    Seems like the <class> wants to run away now, cause he's a little low on health. Damn, i sure wish i had something that did large ammounts of damage at range to a target that has low health and is running away.

OH WAIT, i guess I'll just kill him now.

Enjoy your final damage spike.

Paladins don't get an interrupt, it's true, and there are times when i wish i had one. but then i just kill the son of a bitch, and he can't cast anymore! god-DAMN that was effective. maybe you should just stack some more crit and blow faces off.

PS: i have shitty gear. i still blow up <class> if (<class>!=(warlock||healer))
    You obviously haven't faced skilled people with that sort of reasoning over a class that it is currently messed up if you dont have at least S3/T6 or above gear and very well knowledge of it's mechanics, since you said your gear isnt that great, you know...

not to mention he's doing 1k hits with not so great gear...he must be critting every strike lol....

And this is why posting constructively fails when the majority of posters on MMO champion post crap like this, without even being constructive and adding to the topic.

If Divine shield is on cool down, any good player can interrupt a ret paladin healing. But oh i guess you think a ret paladin can heal with Flash of Light as well as a holy paladin, right? Yeah, go learn what your talking about first.

This guy probably plays a Night Elf rogue and about 12yrs old judging by the disgusting use of the word "u" instead of "you". This is a message board, not a chat room.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

@OP Most things you sad are true. I agree but an MS effekt wouldnt' fit the class. Interrupt ist do overpowered because there are Bloodelv Paladins with a interrupt racial like me ^^. But Crusader Strike should really add some debuff to the target like SP and AP reduction by a fair amount or so. Snare and Interrupt yeah ok somehow we need that but i think i could be inbalanced too.

And to the other players whose only purpose of their shitty life is to spam l2p into Paladins forums just throw your PC out of the window and shut up please.
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Arr0w
    not to mention he's doing 1k hits with not so great gear...he must be critting every strike lol....
    i don't remember saying that every hit was over a thousand, but entering combat with a crusader strike hitting for ~800 with a white hit at the same time at ~700 = ~1500 without a crit, and without seal of command poping. I've hit frost mage for half their HP when i get two crits off of that and a command proc. sure, the mage blinks away, or iceblocks. now i wish i could clear away movement imparing effects and could move a bit faster than you. and with blessing of freedom and talents, i can and do. and since i knew the mage was going to do that, i probably tought ahead and saved repentance to help me close if you blinked.

There is ALWAYS a way. and you're saying i need gear to match people who have good gear? NO SHIT! I thought in my blues/S2 i could fight a s4 warrior one on one and win just because I'm decent at my class!

and of course, it doesn't hurt that as a blood elf i have and short silence to help me out, but when i have faced equally geared mages in the arena, (yes, i'm in a low bracket, duly noted that i haven't put solid weeks of PvP time in) i have destroyed in less than a minute.

The real point is that playing a ret paladin in the arena, i've never felt that i had too few abilities to use in a pinch, sure it kinda sucks when something you need is on a cooldown, but that's what strategic use of your abilities is for. I mena, FFS i can make myself INVINCIBLE (barring a priest) and still blast you in the face. enjoy your iceblock mr. frost mage, i'll be bandaging out here while i wait for you.

You're dumb. unless maybe you mean bandage cause you're desperate. In that case you just suck balls at communicating. go take English again.(with full knowledge that i probably have incosistencies and typos. at least i didn't say stfu or l2p.)

[edit] And, ffs, why does everyone ask for MS? we're not warriors! admitedly, neither are rogues or huntards, who don't really need the heal reducer, but do you honestly think that a skill of that kind will be all a ret paladin needs to 'fix' us? Why can't you ask for something interresting and new? interrupts and MS blah blah blah blah blah. give us an offensive aura, let us strategically disarm ourselve for a few seconds (IE: wing our mace into a dudes face at a distance, hell, why not make it a stun.) If we get MS, i won't be happy, i'll be pissed tat Blizz didn't think of something neat for the money i pay them every month. thanks for making us slightly more viable at the cost of me giving a shit.

[edit 2] wall of text crits you for over a thousand on each hit in not so great gear.

every time i fight i have bubble ... i am happy man bubbles for all !

Having a level 70 ret pally i do think we need more utility for pvp.Give me a silence and I'll be happy i do fine without the rest. i like being ret and owning people with my lack of spells. And to all those people that say we don't need anything since we can bubble/heal... A ret pally has major mana problems and doesn't want to rely on auto attack to win the match.