ichigoh

Unrelenting Assault

Seems kinda useless in pve to put points into to get into blood frenzy : /
    any thoughts?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12030000000000
    Thats a thought of what my spec would look like.

Re: Unrelenting Assault

imp slam is currently useless because of the windfury change no way it fits into a rotation

The changes to windfury and sword specialization have destroyed the slam rotation for arms in terms of DPS viability. Arms warriors simply don't have the rage for a full rotation without them, even specing to endless rage and anger management. We're in a very similar state now to ret paladins live, enough or close to enough skills to provide powerful damage output but hamstrung by resource limitations, are there any plans to fix that? Judgments of the wise was a brilliant fix, any chance we could see something similar in arms to improve PVE DPS?

Overpower sucks for raiding, it scales negatively with expertise. Don't take anything associated with it unless it gets a major change. You're better off putting points into improved intercept or deflection even. Both are more useful in raids than overpower and better than sudden death (unless the way execute scales is fixed). We also should see some more talent changes soon, so I'm not too worried about the whole slam thing. Keep up the theory crafting though!

ichigoh

yea i hope they fix something with the builds : / i used to play fury in raids but ive been pve arms since entering black temple n i've grown to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse1382
    Overpower sucks for raiding, it scales negatively with expertise. Don't take anything associated with it unless it gets a major change. You're better off putting points into improved intercept or deflection even. Both are more useful in raids than overpower and better than sudden death (unless the way execute scales is fixed). We also should see some more talent changes soon, so I'm not too worried about the whole slam thing. Keep up the theory crafting though!
    Overpower sucks because you have to go in battle stance and then back to berserker, not because of expertise.

Expertise lowers your chance to overpower

Expertise = lower chance to overpower = more dmg in zerker

overpower = you're in battle stance rofl

So the more expertise you have, the less overpower procs, which in return makes unrelenting assault garbage

ichigoh

The main point is Eno, blizzard has made the arms tree full of useless pvp talents for pve arms wars and AU is way to far down the arms tree to be useful for a tank.

As a pve arms war once you are hit capped and have a decent amount of expertise you'll never see a MISS or DODGE often enough to even use overpower, let alone be dodged more than once in a row. Switching back to battle stance during your rotation will deplete your rage just to use a move that doesn't do all that much damage. Blizzard might as well just put Blood Frenzy into the fury tree and call it a day.

Unrelenting assault will be good against Rogues and ferals (and maybe hunters) and thats about all.

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    Expertise lowers your chance to overpower

Expertise = lower chance to overpower = more dmg in zerker

overpower = you're in battle stance rofl

So the more expertise you have, the less overpower procs, which in return makes unrelenting assault garbage
    Overpower is always garbage, even if you have 0 expertise and unrelenting assault.