Wrath of the Lich King Beta Mounts
A few mounts are already available in the Wrath of the Lich King game files, however it's not always easy to link mount spells to the right models. Hopefully, that's something we can do and below you will find a short preview of the mounts you might see in Northrend. (This is only a list of what looks like buyable/permanent mounts, we didn't include all the temporary mounts from quests)
- The Magnificient Flying Carpet ! See Blizzcast Episode 4
- Black Warp Stalker (the model definitely looks fine, but is still tagged as PlaceHolder in the game files, might be because the saddle is missing)
- Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade, the Death Knight flying mount. Please note that another spell named "Swift Skeletal Gryphon" might be used to rewards "old" classes with this mount at some point.
- The Hog - This is supposedly an Engineering mount (the spell isn't flagged as Engineering for the moment). The speed buff is similar to the one used for the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade and might mean that the mount speed scales with your level.
- Polar Bear - Probably the first Polar Bear mount available in Northrend.
- Frostwyrm - ... Do you really have to ask ? ^^
Build 8788 - Jewelcrafting Daily Quests
The latest beta build introduced the first batch of profession daily quests mentionned in Blizzcast Episode 4. 6 new daily quests have been added for Jewelcrafters and require you to craft a few item and drop something from a monster in Northrend.
- Shipment: Blood Jade Amulet - Bring a Vrykul Amulet, a Jagged Dark Jade and a Runed Bloodstone to Timothy Jones in Dalaran. You can find a Vrykul Amulet on any Northrend Vrykul.
- Shipment: Glowing Ivory Figurine - Bring a Shoveltusk Ivory, a Lustrous Chalcedony and a Glowing Shadow Crystal to Timothy Jones in Dalaran. You can find a Shoveltusk Ivory on any Northrend Shoveltusk.
- Shipment: Wicked Sun Brooch - Bring an Iron Dwarf Brooch, a Wicked Huge Citrine and a Rigid Sun Crystal to Timothy Jones in Dalaran. You can find an Iron Dwarf Amulet on any Northrend Iron Dwarf.
- Shipment: Intricate Bone Figurine - Bring Proto Dragon Bone, a Solid Chalcedony and an Intricate Dark Jade to Timothy Jones in Dalaran.
- Shipment: Bright Armor Relic - Bring an Elemental Armor Scrap, a Bright Bloodstone and a Potent Huge Citrine to Timothy Jones in Dalaran.
- Shipment: Shifting Sun Curio - Bring a Scourge Curio, a Quick Sun Crystal and a Shifting Shadow Crystal to Timothy Jones in Dalaran.
All 6 quests are available to players but the 5 others won't be available anymore after you picked one. This might be for testing purposes only and we could end up with random daily quests each day.
The quest rewards you with tokens used to buy plans for your profession.
Also, another quest named "Gem Perfection" was added for both Horde and Alliance jewelcrafters. You can get it in Vengeance Landing / Valgarde and will get rewarded with a new skill giving you a chance to cut uncommon quality Northrend gems into perfect gems.
Gem Perfection - Return two Huge Citrines, two Dark Jade and two Shadow Crystals to Carter Tiffens in Vengeance Landing.
My skills are going to waste in this wretched place. I spent many years learning to cut gems into their perfect form and have nothing to work on! You look like the type who may be able to find me some gems and if you do I can teach you the skill of gem perfection. This will allow you to sometimes cut a perfect gem with increased bonuses when cutting a uncommon quality gem from Northrend.
Gem Perfection - Return two Huge Citrines, two Dark Jade and two Shadow Crystals to Ounhulo in Valgarde.
It's has the cold of the Icewyrm's breath up here does it not? Not only do I lack customers for my crafting skills, but I also lack stock of gems to sell! If you can bring me several uncut gems to replenish my stocks, I can teach you the skill of gem perfection. This will allow you to sometimes cut a perfect gem with increased bonuses when cutting a uncommon quality gem from Northrend.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment