Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    lolzor

pve-dps spec for dk

This is the best spek i could find for it.If u want u can bring any improvements to the spec.I would apreciate if u could tell me the good thingys and bad thingys of my build.http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...00000000000000
    /comment

Re: pve-dps spec for dk

what spec?

lolzor

that one...up there(in the sky)

I'm looking at that spec and I find myself wondering what your rotation is supposed to be. Runic Mastery is great and all, but spending points in IT is sort of worthless when you're so deep into blood. I mean, Rune Tap is the most retarded self-heal I can imagine for solo-pve, and you passed on it. Maybe it's just the way I like to level, but getting 6% HP back after each kill with Vendetta, and another 55% with Rune Tap makes for an easy grind.

Is this for end-game PvE or leveling up PvE?

You can go totaly hybrid with a leveling-spec DK without losing anything super important. You can use the following spec while leveling, using a 2 bllod/4 unholy rune setup, and just keep fighting forever. You'd have to respec at 80, of course, but that's not the point here. It's truly amazing to see a DK fight for hours without stopping.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...01050000100000

i was looking at this one for a mix of PvE and PvP

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...01150203103100

not quite the dps bruiser that blood would bring, but its got a LOT of utilty, making you more attractive, especially in 5 and 10 mans, theres some attractive synergy i was able to piut together, and theres room for a few more fluff "fun talents"

my primary sources of damage are scourge strike, obliterate, and icy touch. but my desease spells will also contribute heavily, the ebon plaguebringer combo is worth 73% to there damage, black ice kicks in another 15% and runic power another 12% so its actually 100% extra power on my DoTs. lovely thing is they also get juiced up by obliteration and impurity

i did sacrifice one bit of utility, i had to leave out the anti magic zone combo, those 5 points were a choice between it and obliteration, and i chose obliteration, plus i needed that spare point elsewhere for improved icy talons
    all hail king frost strike

lolzor

the spek i made is striclty for raiding

yeah, sorry, i woke up to early and havent had any coffee, i misread that as PvE-PvP spec
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by Fünky Führer
    Maybe it's just the way I like to level, but getting 6% HP back after each kill with Vendetta, and another 55% with Rune Tap makes for an easy grind.
    Ummmmm, it's 10% health with Rune Tap and 14.5% with 3 points in Improved Rune Tap.

if you are deep enough in blood there is no reason you should need rune tap

if you are soloing grinding questing farming vendetta is more than enough with blood presence. If you are running low during a fight you probably wont have a free blood rune in your rotation anyways

unholy dps is still a little underwhelming, blizz already said they are still working on balancing that tree. Id expect another change to frost strike as well since ppl are still saying the damage it does isnt worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    Ummmmm, it's 10% health with Rune Tap and 14.5% with 3 points in Improved Rune Tap.
    Incorrect. Please read before you waste time posting false information. Basic Rune Tap is 10%. 3/3 Improved Rune Tap says, "Increases the health provided by Rune Tap by 45% and lowers its cooldown by 30 sec." That equals 55%. Vendetta is "Heals you for up to 6% of your maximum health whenever you kill a target that yields experience or honor."

Yeah... research will help your debate.

And to the poster that said Rune Tap is useless if you are deep into Blood, you are correct. Since I chose to level hybrid, using Unholy to deal damage, Rune Tap is godlike, as that's as far into blood I am at level 60.

Incorrect. Please read before you waste time posting false information. Basic Rune Tap is 10%. 3/3 Improved Rune Tap says, "Increases the health provided by Rune Tap by 45% and lowers its cooldown by 30 sec." That equals 55%. Vendetta is "Heals you for up to 6% of your maximum health whenever you kill a target that yields experience or honor."

Yeah... research will help your debate.

And to the poster that said Rune Tap is useless if you are deep into Blood, you are correct. Since I chose to level hybrid, using Unholy to deal damage, Rune Tap is godlike, as that's as far into blood I am at level 60.

are you in beta? id be surprised to think blizzard would let you heal 55% of your health every 30secs for a blood rune
    if it is its cleary broken and will be changed... im pretty sure the other poster is correct on this and maybe you should do some research
    see similar talents like demonic aegis - increases the effects of your fel armor and demon armor by 30%

DOES NOT get added its multiplicative

Yes. I am in beta, and yes, it is broken. Blood DKs don't die when soloing. It's ridiculous, and OPOPOP as hell. Come to think of it, I suppose he would be correct in the statement of 14.5% back. I'm not too full of myself to admit that is indeed the way it works. So I stand corrected in that regard. However, the fact remains that you still get over half health back, every single fight. Blood Presence is the most insipid thing I've seen in the game, coupled with a 30 second spam that heals you for more damage than you will most likely have. Bloodworms are still the best solo-healers in the game, and Vendetta make group pulls almost preferable to solo pulls. Back when I first hit 61 on my first TBC character, I was amazed at how tough a standard Outland mob was. On the DK, however, it might as well be level a level 10 rogue in Durotar... it's just that easy.

Ok, I've seen -ALOT- of "PvE DPS" spec builds. Not a one of them make sense to me, nor do they take a raid environment into account. Let's take a look at what I would personally choose based on what I have read, seen and experienced. Keep in mind that for these talent specs you are trying to MAXIMIZE your DPS and every other option and "good for PVP" does absolutely NOT take a factor.

First off -- Blood will be the best spec for maximum DPS. This is primarily because Dancing rune weapon is freaking overpowered. It will be nerfed, but it will still be a huge increase.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...00000000000000

There are a few utility talents mark of blood, abom stregth, imp blood aura and hysteria. imp blood aura is necessary because you will most likely be in the melee group, and this aura will take a lot of pressure off of healers. They can heal just you instead of everyone in the melee party. I case you aren't familiar with a high-end raid environment, EVERYONE takes a ton of AoE damage. Hell, even alot of trash BT onward is pretty AoE intensive. Spreading around 100% of that healing to your group -- amazing. You don't need abom strength if you have an enhance shaman, so you can drop those points into blood worms.

Let's talk about will of the necropolis. Many people skip this talent. I don't know why. Expertise - if you aren't capped - is the most exponentially explosive melee stat after hit. This talent is almost essential until you become capped on expertise. Keep in mind, this is 12 expertise, NOT 12 expertise rating. This is more expertise than the shard of contempt gives at level 70. And since rating gives less value as you level, this will be worth more than 50 expertise rating ( I don't know the exact calc for 80) - a very solid investment for raiding.

Another high DPS option is from Unholy... If you don't have a Malediction lock and a heavy caster raid, this can up your raid DPS considerably. While I sorta consider unholy to be more PvP oriented, the bonus of ebon plague bringer is pretty neat. Since from what we've seen so far, destro (after gear) pretty much dominates affliction, you can get another powerful destro lock to swap over from affliction.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...01150023003151

Is what I would spec. I would take dark conviction for the crit over wandering plague unless I knew there was going to be a ton of AoE going on. Most times, DPS on trash doesn't really matter that much. You want to be bringing the heat on that raid boss. If you are working on an encounter that has alot of AoE. Also, I think Bladed armor is a wonderful talent considering you're going to be wearing plate for the most part.. DPS warriors and ret paladins sport around 12k armor in a raid setting without a shield... I'm pretty sure you'll get lots more at 80 and the more AP the better, IMO.

Frost - I would really only spec frost for DPS (we are not talking about off tanking ability) if there were no shaman at all, or, if ..well I probably wouldn't. I would spec something like this though http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...00000000000000 unbreakable armor would probably work well with bladed armor.. But I don't know if I would take unholy up to bloodcaked blade or if I would take dark conviction. This might be viable if you needed to DPS dual wield, so trade 2h spec for the DW talent out of frost. Bloodcaked blade is really neat.. it's like Seal of command / sword spec.

Anyway, flame away, this is what I think but we'll have to see for sure =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbambadu
    imp blood aura is necessary because you will most likely be in the melee group, and this aura will take a lot of pressure off of healers. They can heal just you instead of everyone in the melee party.
    Sorry, I seem to be a bit pedantic in this thread, but this really needed clearing up.

"While in Blood Presence, when you receive healing from any of your spells or abilities, any party members within 45 yards will also be healed by 100% of the amount."

Yes. I am in beta, and yes, it is broken. Blood DKs don't die when soloing. It's ridiculous, and OPOPOP as hell. Come to think of it, I suppose he would be correct in the statement of 14.5% back. I'm not too full of myself to admit that is indeed the way it works. So I stand corrected in that regard. However, the fact remains that you still get over half health back, every single fight. Blood Presence is the most insipid thing I've seen in the game, coupled with a 30 second spam that heals you for more damage than you will most likely have. Bloodworms are still the best solo-healers in the game, and Vendetta make group pulls almost preferable to solo pulls. Back when I first hit 61 on my first TBC character, I was amazed at how tough a standard Outland mob was. On the DK, however, it might as well be level a level 10 rogue in Durotar... it's just that easy.
    I tend to disagree. While there are indeed issues that need to be addressed to balance things out, the vast majority of the "OP" feeling you have in Outland comes from the quality of your gear. The blues you get in the starting chain are simply amazing, and are definitely helping, compared to the relatively low level of gear that a standard character enters with in Outland.
    However, come Northrend leveling a large amount of "I'm so overpowered" feeling is gone, and things are equal. Bloodworms were broken in the previous build, with them healing for a huge amount of health. Now, with the latest change they are a nice bonus, but are simply for solo play. The damage a lvl.70 Death Knight does is OK, nothing amazing, but nothing that bad either. You cannot judge simply from the early levels, until Northrend. As I said, in Outland it's very easy to play as a DK, but again - that comes with the gear you have.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

I'm actually basing my observations off of two totally different things. The first is that my newbie DK is just unstoppable, which you pointed out as being a massive out-gear issue. I can accept that. The second, however, is based off my experiences with DKs in Northrend on my Shaman. I've ran past quite a few bloody DKs, occasionally stopping to watch a higher-level hero-class in action. They, too, are just perpetual motion machines. Maybe I do have a slight bias, as I truly want to believe that they never stop and my leveling experiences will also be as such. But those are indeed the things I've seen thus far. And, as a side-note to add some flavor, There is nothing more rewarding than doing 5-man instances with a Restoration Shaman, Frost, Unholy, and Blood DKs, and a Survival Hunter to regenerate all of our fuel. That was madness! Perhaps even Spartan-Style madness...

Basically this is about crits and fast damage....i really havent looked into Unholy yet but i like frost the most and im a frost mage on retail have a nice day

MMO calcs are bugged so heres my PvE 10 man dps/offtank build
    Build provides:
    -warlock curse of elements obsolete
    -gives the 10% AP raid buff
    -scourge strike great for pve dps
    -While on boss fights bone armor provides a constant 10% str buff (and off tank capacity)
    -Also anti magic zone for melee dps who also get the gib in blizzards fights

Comments? Not sure about rotations on the spec, im in beta but only level 60 atm

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=jf0...fM0Gtcogxoocou

I like frost a lot, and that unholy spec w/ scourge strike the guy abovel isted was pretty nice but i strongly like having the crit and +dmg from bloody vengence and hysteria( i mean if ur in blood pressence w/ hysteria up u should be doing enough dmg to heal urself) while at the same time having aboms str is nice to buff the raid, than i like the necrosis/BCB combo, so there is 18 more point to allocate....saying as its a 2her spec u and u want to be in blood pressence for the increased dmg than why not take 20 Increased attack speed just from getting frost fever on a target?
    so in a nutshell, and still buffing the raid here is a max dps spec.

Uhm and u can even switch this tree up a little to a DW spec if u happen upon 2 nasty 1her's

This user has been banned.