Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

WotLK Mounts - The Hog "confirmed"
    Two days ago I talked about the Wrath of the Lich King Mounts and mentionned in the post the new motorcycle mount called "The Hog". I didn't expect it to happen that soon but it looks like the item related to the mount is now unlocked on beta servers! For the moment I'm not really sure if this was caused by a GM testing it or if players can already get it in game but it's definitely here.

• The item is here, the mount isn't something temporary used in a quest or something and it looks like you can actually get an item and learn the spell just like any other mount.
    • You can also use it in Northrend and Outland.
    • As of today, it's not restricted to engineers and anyone can use it.

Of course, keep in mind that this is a beta version of the game and it could be changed in the future.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzcon tickets lottery restrictions
    Anyone who was able to purchase any amount of tickets before they sold out last Tuesday will be ineligible to win additional tickets in the drawing. We do understand that some players may have intended to purchase more tickets for family or friends, however, this drawing is intended to help out as many players as possible who were unable to secure any tickets on Monday or Tuesday due to technical issues with the store.

The drawing is specifically to give those who tried to get tickets (or had tickets in their carts) but could not purchase them due to technical issues another shot at buying tickets. This drawing is not simply a way of releasing 3,000 more tickets for anyone else that wants to go to BlizzCon. (Source)

Account password on beta servers
    If we refresh the beta accounts from the live ones, you might get the new password instead. Until that time though, which is not to be expected, you should continue using the old password. (Source)

Length of /cower's animation
    The current length of /cower is unintended. The animation length has been increased and will appear in an upcoming build. (Source)

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8788))
    Armor in Wrath of the Lich King
    Armor is one of the most important stats a tank can have. We aren't trying to keep bears from getting it.

The change to itemization was done solely to avoid having so much diversity in the items we could drop. It's lame when you're leveling up to keep seeing quest rewards that are itemized for your spec (which TBH is still a problem we haven't solved for Feral weapons and idols). It's lame when your raid kills a boss and he drops say elemental mail, healing leather, and a spellpower mace, none of which your group can use. Having bears, cats and rogues all desire the same leather drops isn't a panacea -- it helps some problems, but it creates others. Having bears run around with as much armor as a rogue would be a big, big problem.

Fortunately there are plenty of ways to give bears the armor they need -- through talents (like the crit resistance one) or through Dire Bear form itself for example. Even if another tanking class ends up having slightly more armor than a druid, the differences should be so minor that neither of you is at a significant disadvantage on a boss.

I am glad someone mentioned the hunter example. I am really hoping you guys have the same reaction when you see the next pass on druid talents. (Source)

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8788))
    Growl
    Growl sucks. We'll fix it. (Source)

Boars and Charge
    We actually debated this issue quite a bit. In the end it came down to a call about whether it was more fitting to boars to keep Charge or whether it was more fitting for the boar to be a tanking pet. The tanking pets were all going to get Intervene instead of Charge, since it let them be more useful as an OT, and we didn't think it was worth the cost of making changes or exceptions to that design just to preserve boars Charging.

In the end, we decided that boars are feared because they are tough. They have leathery skin, a stubborn disposition and had a reputation for fighting on long after their wounds should have killed them. In short, they felt like a tank. We tried to keep the feeling of the old Charge with the bonus component to Gore.

It was very difficult to come up with a whole new system for pets without losing any aspect of the old system that might be important to players. (Source)

Kill Command changes
    Kill Command was initially created as a reactive ability, something you hit when an event happened (a critical strike). The problem was that the event happened too often, and players just stuck it into a macro. Kill Command basically just became a flat damage increase. Players are right to assume their DPS has jumped because of shots not interrupting the auto-shot timer (it has, our tests show a ~140 DPS increase in some trials), so I think it's fair to say the class' sustained DPS will be okay. (Source)

Priest (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8788))
    Shadowpriests upcoming changes
    We're going to do some further tweaks to Shadow soon. (Source)

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8788))
    Multiple Totems of Wrath stackable on beta servers
    Bug. Probably will also get another re-design too. (Source)

Earth Shock and downranking
    We're working on a rank-1 Earth Shock equivalent spell. Not sure when it will be in, though. (Source)

WotLK Cinematic at the Games Convention ?
    Yesterday, the following mail from the Blizzard's PR team was posted on Maxconsole.net

Just wanted to let you all know that Blizzard will be unveiling the opening cinematic movie for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King at the Games Convention in Leipzig. The cinematic will be shown at 1:00 p.m., Thursday 21 August at the Blizzard Entertainment booth (D01 in Hall 5). A Q&A session featuring members of the cinematics team will immediately follow.

Blizzard’s lineup of activity will also feature hands-on gameplay with StarCraft II and Wrath of the Lich King, Q&A sessions with members from the StarCraft II and Diablo III teams, and more.

The information was widely posted on other sites, including popular ones like Kotaku but I wouldn't take it as confirmed until we hear it from Blizzard itself on one of their official site.

Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

No more crushing blows from bosses, so there's no reason why druids shouldn't have gotten a slight armor nerf since they will be receiving far less damage that needs to be mitigated over the length of a fight now.

And the way he says things, we can expect some big changes for druids, hopefully soon.

Weird hog looks like flying mount if you check the description.

I'm looking forward to the Games Convention. Luckily some friends and I got tickets for Video Games Live on August 20th - and we are visiting the G|C on August 21st... ;D

Deleted

Reading the Hog's description, it would seem passenger mounts will not be able to be used in the old world :'(

Good, hopefully this will cut down the pointless "QQ wow is a medieval game and shouldn't have motorbikes" whines.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Good, hopefully this will cut down the pointless "QQ wow is a medieval game and shouldn't have motorbikes" whines.
    then why play the original game it has flying zepplins,guns , gnomes on robot chickens....

just because they continue to add the surreal does not mean it has not been there already.

blizzard is just trying to keep the audience happy by adding more off the wall stuff.

i will be the first to admit i loved world of warcraft pre bc post bc i hate alot of the new things but i have to live with them and i am sure WotLK will be the same.

What on Gods earth is the reason for passenger mounts to be only usable in Outland and Northrend? That's ridiculous, I don't want my mounts to be restricted to a certain zone >

Even if another tanking class ends up having slightly more armor than a druid, the differences should be so minor that neither of you is at a significant disadvantage on a boss.
    Druids have already taken a hit to our dodge / agility ratio, now they're planning on making us not the highest AC tank too?

Druids need the extra armor for the mitigation as we lack block and parry. Both Warriors and Paladins reduce a lot of damage with blocking. All tanking classes apart from Druids reduce a chunk with parry.

If a Druid is sitting at similar armor levels to any of the other tanking classes, with dodge rates even lower than they are now, they're just not going to be viable tanks .

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    From what ive read, im not sure if in medieval times had flying mount either, lets cut them.

@ Fargan

Blizzard decided that druids will tank by having biggest amount of health... Which of course impacts healers most, druid tank with low avoidance armor and big HP is like a Target Dummy. Will try to find this Blizzard post and paste it.

#1 - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...00&pageNo=2#28
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

It's really, really disapointing that The Hog can't be used in Azeroth. I know it's a beta and things can change, and I hope this does because having a flying mount that can't be used half the time sucks enough, now they're making land mounts that are continent dependant? Also a little odd that it isn't engineer made. Where would we be getting a mount like this otherwise? (I'm not in the beta, so I don't know much about Northrend in WoW yet)

Bike-speed = ?
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

What disapoints me is this not being engineer exclusive. Engineers is growing to be a BG exclusive profession if they keep it like this.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mezz
    Bike-speed = ?
    450%! (nono)

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i want The Hog to be a thing ppl with eng should have, so that we could show it to ppl that wasnt eng. now there will be to many motor bike gangs and all off that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    What disapoints me is this not being engineer exclusive. Engineers is growing to be a BG exclusive profession if they keep it like this.
    What's not to like? First, you get two extra ports with trinkets. I'm alliance and gnome engineering, so they are to Toshley's and Gadget(now less useful with CoT rep). You also get good pre-raid bullets, potion injectors, a CC, and even a way to rez others in an emergency. The mote gun nets me double the profits from farming. Engineering has overall a good money making ability, utility, and fun factor(especially with the crafted mounts). What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    There was no mistake that a horde and an Ali version was made. If thats not a indicator that its not a engineering mount I don't know what is.

Give me a mechanic pony then. Potion injector was a nice try but its useless atm, the pre-raid bullets aren't economically interesting with the inflated ore (I hate all you jewelcrafters), there is no cc for goblin engineering, jumper cables only become usefull on hunter/rogue/mage, otherwise they're just cute, mote extractor is only worth it if your other profession is gathering and blah blah blah. Perhaps I was wrong in making a gnome lock with tailoring/goblin engie, so far all I use are the googles and the repair bots (and the choppa).

Next I'll see another engineering mount going to the frigging card game.