Priests in LK PvP

Hey,

I've been playing around with a lot of different classes (and you might've seen me poking around other class forums), and just messing around, trying to get a feel of what I might want to play with in the expansion. I've tried a Shaman and a Druid - the Shaman only got to 28, and the Druid is 47 and I recently started a Priest. Priests are probably my favorite healing class, but for some reason, I also absolutely love SPriests, though I would play either one - with the changes to spell power, it seems viable.

Anyhow, I have a Mage, Lock, Rogue and Pala (geared for healing, tanking, and ret) already, but I want something new. I've seen a lot of posts with negative things to say about Priest utility in terms of PvE and raiding, but I'm mostly interested in PvP - either as Disc or Shadow. My friend is leveling a Warlock with me, though he also has a Hunter, Rogue and Mage.

I just want overall opinions on how Priests will fare in LK PvP. I've looked over all the new talents and spells so far, but it's hard to judge without a 70 Priest myself, though I have played a friends Priest in BGs for a few days. Any advice to offer?

Re: Priests in LK PvP

Taking a guess; Disc will do worse, Shadow will do better.

Shadow was given a lot of excellent PvP tools, Disc ate nerfs and nabbed largely really, really tacky PvE abilities no one will ever really want with Holy's throughput being so amazing now.

Either way; look forward to having a permanent Viper Sting on you with the new Chimera Shot!

In the end, at least with Spell Power you can basically do whatever the hell you want.

I think disc will do well and shadow better than now. It is just that you need to adapt to new style of playing disc being a lot more offensive than you are now.

Well, that'll be cool. I tend to play on the offensive as much as possible anyhow, and I've always loved Priests who played that way.

We decided to use the refer-a-friend bonus and split the costs, so we went from 1-26 in one night. Not bad. To 40 tomorrow!

=D

with 71points of talent, discipline can be more offensive than now. assuming they skip penance, they can get surge of light, so it would be a lolsmite+PS build, with holy fire going down to 2 sec cast, 1.5 sec talented, they will do a lot more damage. or they can get silence from the shadow tree. And of course as pure holy priest you can just spam Coh and guardian spirit yourself from dying. And there's always Divine Hymn whatever it's called to put everyone to sleep. This will be interesting.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    with 71points of talent, discipline can be more offensive than now. assuming they skip penance, they can get surge of light, so it would be a lolsmite+PS build, with holy fire going down to 2 sec cast, 1.5 sec talented, they will do a lot more damage. or they can get silence from the shadow tree. And of course as pure holy priest you can just spam Coh and guardian spirit yourself from dying. And there's always Divine Hymn whatever it's called to put everyone to sleep. This will be interesting.

Holy will still suck shit at PvP. Divine Hynm is a ridiculous 10 minute cooldown, that's easily dispelled/purged, and Disc's survivability took a not massive, but solid shot to the ribs with Focused Will taking a 15% healing reduction and having to drop talent points in order to shorten an extended cooldown on Pain Suppression (and it'll still be longer).

The extra offense will be fun though. The new Holy Fire is nice, and the reduced CD on PI are good stuff. Mana Burn won't be as knockback happy with the new system, but I still wish we had a resist talent for it.

Survivability worries me though with no new tricks, nerfs to old tricks and melee scaling. Especially with quest greens providing hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of points of armor piercing.

All I personally want is something done with Pennace, because it's garbage. It's not Warrior-level 41/51 point terribad, but it's pretty much useless unless you're stacking grace and the occasional pillar LoS heal.

Oh, and of course Inner Fire, but ever since Blizzard had their little exodus and hired EQ-trash to run their studios, I dont expect too much anymore.

SP will be really fun to play and disc took a real nutpunch
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011