These two talents need to be reworked, they are no longer worthy of 21 and 31 point talents. I am not saying completely scrap it, just needs to be reworked to make it more appealing.

Holy Shield was paladins main source of being uncrushable, but now that its no longer an issue....it only brings little to the table now. It brings a small amount of threat and small amount of mitigation(as it stands). Shield block value has always been a fail when it comes to absorbing damage, well because it doesn't absorb nearly enough when it comes to MTing. When it came to bosses it was lucky to absorb 1/6 of the attack(that’s being generous). Its only purpose really was for TPS. Unless, they dramatically make BV scale a lot higher....holy shield and block rating for both warriors and paladins will be neglected over dodge and parry. Thus, making the talent really only useful for a small amount of TPS.

On to the blessing, its one of those things which is nice to have only if all the other blessings are already being casted by another paladin. Its not a blessing that is "better" then the rest for tanking. Its decent for tanking TRASH, and with blizzards statement that every tank will be able to MT....I feel this talent needs to step up to the plate. The current new rank is only 80 damage! That’s it! Something a level 15 can do.....raid bosses fart and do more damage then that. Again, this is just another small TPS increase but with the new talents and skills brought to the paladin table...it will be so minor, it will barely be noticed.

My proposal:

Holy Shield: Increases block value of your next shield block by 50% and inflicts 211 Holy damage on the attacker. Each attack causes 35% extra threat. Last 4 charges.

Improve Holy Shield- Increases Block value by 25%/50% during and increases Holy damage by 15%.

This makes it more appealing to focus on block value. I full tier 6 protection paladin would have about 600 block value. This would mean it would block for 1200 damage, which is more respectable mitigation.

Blessing of Sanctuary- Reduces damage by 105, also if player successfully dodge, parry, blocks an attack, it causes the “Sanctuary” to proc creating a bubble around the player absorbing X amount of damage. Can proc once every 6 seconds.

The idea of a talent further down the tree, means its more appealing then one further up, this is NOT the case when a paladin has to pick Kings VS Sanctuary.

Again, these are just ideas. But, these two skills I feel are going to be a fad in WOTLK if they are not reworked.