Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shield of Righteousness, anyone test it yet?

Currently I am lvl 77 specc'd 5-51-12.

ShoR is really quite strong. 1300ish each shot, crits for 2600-3000. The threat is huge on this as well, it's that snap aggro we needed to pull mobs off other players. I believe that even hits harder than warriors shield slams, but they have the ability to spam theirs more due to talents. I also havent seen a properly geared warrior using it. Those sunwell tanks dont have the strength to support the new prot stat requirements, imo.

My gear is 100 lich king gear, 80% crafted a couple boe's and a few quest goodies. It's the tempered saronite stuff. Weapon is some 104 dps, 1.7 MH with some str and stam. shield is the saronite shield that can be crafted. As it stands, threat gen is pretty wild. I hope that when ret gets snow-plowed into oblivion again that this prot is still strong.

I'll dig up exact stats, and maybe tank a run on fraps to give the theorycrafters more to play with. I can also address any questions about any other abilities if need be.

Funciton~

Quote Originally Posted by Mezz
    Ret will not? Ret would if he had a working macro. Witch he will have if blizz doesn't nerf it.
    Yes, Ret will not. Even if Blizzard does not nerf it, and this is just my feeling on the matter as 77 is still cap, come 80 there will be more than enough other things for a Ret to be doing than to bother with a macro for this ability.

In PVP that GCD used to macro this in, use ability, and back out would be better used tossing a crit heal that puts a hot on someone. PVE same deal. Ret can toss heals in between their attacks all day long now, and they should be doing so as Sheath of Light is just that damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Function
    Currently I am lvl 77 specc'd 5-51-12.

I'll dig up exact stats, and maybe tank a run on fraps to give the theorycrafters more to play with. I can also address any questions about any other abilities if need be.

Funciton~
    A question to you if you dont mind How is strength/stamina scaling in wotlk? More so, have you noticed any health differences between yourself and (prot)warriors of equal level?

Look forward to the video should you create one

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Quote Originally Posted by naypalmacus
    A question to you if you dont mind How is strength/stamina scaling in wotlk? More so, have you noticed any health differences between yourself and (prot)warriors of equal level?

Look forward to the video should you create one
    Bah, the minute I try to get on for a run to record we get hit with a shutdown. I didn't even get to grab my stats either. Hm, earlier I was in Halls of Stone. I had fort and kings on, I was sitting at a little over 19k health. Keep in mind, I have 0 sockets to put stam gems in, and i only have a few armor kits (12 stam) on my gloves, legs, shoulders. I have 22 stam enchant on my boot, 18 on my shield and 150 health on my chest. So, sunwell tanks with 2-3 sockets per piece are getting bigger health pools, but not but much. Im blocking roughly 585 dmg per block.

One of the coolest things is that talent that scales our spell dmg with our stam. That makes stacking stam even more worth it. On the other hand stacking any strength is a good thing.

As for the new hammer of righteous or whatever, our 51 point talent, it's REALLY good. doesn't hit very hard, but it is high threat on 3 target. this melds perfectly with the aoe tanking play style that already exists for pallies.

Single target aggro: Huge. Now, I cant compare very well to any other tanks, but I know this. On the last boss in Halls of Stone, I hit my wings used my avenger's shield, SHoR, HoR and then judged. I put up holy shield and didnt do anything else. He was at 90% when I finished my rotation, I didn't lose aggro, he died in about 40 seconds. Now, that might now mean much, but I know from playing my ret pally that if the tank isnt working his ass off to keep threat I will rip aggro each and everytime because of all the burst. We had a t6-s4 geared ret in there and he didnt pull at all. He also did like 40% dps on the run, so he was hitting REALLY hard. I'm pumped to MT on my pally in WotLK.

These new single target high threat abilities are huge for tanking magic mobs. and our big life pools are going to make us even more worthy of that #1 spot.

As it stands right now, Seal of Vengeance/Corruption is the top damage/threat. I use seal of righteous on trash and vengeance for bosses. Trash dies too quick to get any use out of vengeance.

Hopefully we get a new dungeon or something fun to play with in this new beta build. Oh, another good thing: I will only spend about 53 points in prot. That's a lot better than current prot paladins. 5-53-13 probably. I might grab command or put points into anticipation.