Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    WoW is not a medival game.... its based on fantasy and fantasy is way more flexible then Medieval times. If you played any of the rts warcraft games you would understand where their technology comes from. The hog should be Engineering only based on the fact that peopel sacrifice so much to have it capped. The bike is far from stupid so if your not a fan of it get over yourself.

    Next point blizz is working on an ability that is the equivalent of ES rank 1.... now do the same for all the other downranked mage spells and were good to go.
    Too fucking right...
    And to think I came here for civilised discussion...

  2. #42

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by Anielin
    "The Hog" says it req lvl 80....Does that mean all passenge mounts will req lvl 80?
    basically yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi
    That is so lame! That mount screams engineering and should be made by them. Why is it restricted to Outland and Northrend? Doesn't make any sense at all.
    It is probably just non engineering for testing purposes, they hardly need to test the requirment for 450 engineering. And it will be restricted because i get the feeling that all multi passenger mounts are going to be restricted to outland and northrend. Else maybe it goes faster than 100% that could be another reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    This mount will be probably the WotLK Collector's Edition special item or a new TCG loot mount (so, it won't need a specific profession + have Horde and Alliance versions and level 80 req) for a WotLK booster series.
    good point. That is a possibility, but it does scream engineering just due to its style and engineers would feel very left out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    Also, maybe the passenger mounts will work only in OL and Northend 'cause blizzard doesn't want all that speed powerleveling for low levels (maybe the aggro range will be the driver one, so you could give a ride for a lvl 1 all the way to northend without aggroing lol).

    But it's all beta, everything could change for things like mounts.

    And can probably be used in EotS and the new BGs, if those are considered OL/Northend areas.
    Thats a good thing to factor in, powerlevling, it must be really annoying blizz these days all the bugs people take advantage of.
    It will change, i have no doubt of that.
    You never know multi passenger mounts may not be allowed in bgs just like fly ing mounts , purely because they provide an unfair advantage, in like wsg it would allow people to stick together much easier, meaning they would be slightly op, not sure whether blizzz would allow that sort of thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by fian

    Can't use in old azeroth or in BGs? that is the only place i ever use a land mount. especially with flight form being instant cast and way faster, I could see it sitting in my spell tab but never really getting used (much like my roflcopter tbh).
    Its all about style with engineering. And it is most likely going to be a multi passenger mount meaning there will definately be a use for it. I don't see you carrying people on your back in flight form like a gryphon.
    And to think I came here for civilised discussion...

  3. #43

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja
    yea i didnt get that either. maybe it flies. ;D
    Its unlikely but maybe it does go faster than your usual land mount, that would mean that you could end up jumping past barriers in the landscape, similar to why blizz didnt allow flying mounts into azeroth due to incomplete landscapes.
    And again it is likely a multi passenger mount.
    And to think I came here for civilised discussion...

  4. #44

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    A good warrior should currently have over 18k+ HP and definitely take less dmg than a similarly geared druid.

    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    That's funny, I usually have our healers tell me that I take less damage than the other tanks...
    The "druid healing is a blackhole" in TBC is really not true, unless your druids suck at itemization?
    Or are you talking about in Beta?

    And if Blizzard does continue down this path, even with down-ranking no longer available, it would still be a problem.
    Let's say that Warrior does 65% mitigation with avoidance, parry, block, armor.
    And bear gets 35% from dodge and armor.
    Warrior has let's say 18K HP
    Druid has 30K HP
    Boss hits for 12K pre-mitigation, and hits 30 times per minute.
    Warrior will take 4.2K hits 126K damage per minute
    Druid will take 7.8K hits 234K damage per minute
    Which would you rather heal?
    I know I would rather heal the warrior, given this scenario.

  5. #45

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    That's funny, I usually have our healers tell me that I take less damage than the other tanks...
    Yes, all healers say bears are easier to heal than prots, though in the end they probably take a little more total damage.
    Anyhow, I think the comment you quoted was about the bear in Wrath of the Lich king, you know, this expansion to WoW, coming out soon™.
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

  6. #46

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by haeresis
    A good warrior should currently have over 18k+ HP and definitely take less dmg than a similarly geared druid.
    It was an example, but I knew some incredibly smart poster would point out such incredibly obvious things as a warrior who is well geared currently having over 18K HP.
    Much like it should be obvious to anyone who plays this game that no druid tank currently has only 35% dodge...
    And although I was assuming that readers would be smart enough to realize that I was talking specifically of fights druids excel at now, you know, physical damage bosses, I also knew that a few brain trusts would point out the obvious that overall a warrior would take less damage than a druid.
    Thank you for focusing on minutiae, and for completely missing the point of my post.
    Thank you for being so inane.

  7. #47
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Being abducted by Aliens
    Posts
    861

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    let's hope "the Hog" won't be a 1000$ card loot or a super rare drop like the phoenix
    but also not so easy to obtain that every noob will ride one

  8. #48

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Nulgar, read that comment again:

    "I agree druids are like healing a blackhole.." that sounds rather current, doesn't it?
    "but since down-ranking will no longer be available.." in WotLK
    "healing a blackhole won't be much of a problem." in the future...

    and I was saying if this is the case it will still be a problem, regardless of down-ranking.

  9. #49

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by bas
    let's hope "the Hog" won't be a 1000$ card loot or a super rare drop like the phoenix
    but also not so easy to obtain that every noob will ride one
    Until you get it, it will be the first, and as soon as someone else gets it but you don't, it'll be the second.

    That's all your thinking can ever amount to. Horrible, isn't it.

  10. #50

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by yohomies
    ... similar to why blizz didnt allow flying mounts into azeroth due to incomplete landscapes.
    And again it is likely a multi passenger mount.
    i've played on private servers that allow flying mounts in azeroth. TBH, the problem of incomplete landscapes is a load of crap. yes, there are a few places you can obviously tell people were never intended to go but it's a LOT less then they'd have you believe. a few "nether mist clouds" or something to block off the "zones" that don't exist and azeroth could easily support flying mounts with very little work if they chose to do it.

  11. #51

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    I, like others, am reeeeeeeeeeally praying the "usable only in Northrend and Outland" thing goes away before it gets to live unless The Hog can sprout wings too. So what if it's a passenger vehicle? We've seen screenshots of the sidecar folded up either behind the front wheel (Alliance) or under it (Horde), just make it so the sidecar can't be unfolded in Azeroth and you're good! It seems extraordinarily stupid that we'll have a land mount for Outland and Northrend and a seperate one for Azeroth to me. :-\

  12. #52

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    I seriously hope Blizzard makes these Hogs Engineer only. It only makes sense that Engineers make these. I dont wanna be greedy and all, but if Tailors are getting magic riding carpets, then give other proffesions a vehicle for them to build. Leatherworkers can make a ridable piece of leather ball or Herbalist can ride a magic flower pedal. Just make this Hog a engineer only mount. Thanks

  13. #53

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    No problem.. Please dont have a stroke before the end of the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    It was an example, but I knew some incredibly smart poster would point out such incredibly obvious things as a warrior who is well geared currently having over 18K HP.
    Much like it should be obvious to anyone who plays this game that no druid tank currently has only 35% dodge...
    And although I was assuming that readers would be smart enough to realize that I was talking specifically of fights druids excel at now, you know, physical damage bosses, I also knew that a few brain trusts would point out the obvious that overall a warrior would take less damage than a druid.
    Thank you for focusing on minutiae, and for completely missing the point of my post.
    Thank you for being so inane.

  14. #54

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by haeresis
    No problem.. Please dont have a stroke before the end of the year.
    Thanks, I won't, and I hope that your brain stem fully develops into an actual working brain before LK hits the shelves.

  15. #55

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by vass23
    I seriously hope Blizzard makes these Hogs Engineer only. It only makes sense that Engineers make these. I dont wanna be greedy and all, but if Tailors are getting magic riding carpets, then give other proffesions a vehicle for them to build. Leatherworkers can make a ridable piece of leather ball or Herbalist can ride a magic flower pedal. Just make this Hog a engineer only mount. Thanks
    Herbalist = giant bumble bee
    Leather worker = a Frankenstein animal of leather skins

    just imo

  16. #56

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    I agree that right now, it seems to me the open to everyone thing is just for testing. The Hog has been half confirmed as an engineering mount I think. I've seen the spell date to make it somewhere. As for only useable in Outlands and Northrend ... I think that may change. Doesn't make much sense for it to me limited there when its meant to carry two or more people and you'll most likely be flying around in both more then riding around.

    The current theroy I'm running with is that the spell to learn to create this is an engineer reward you can only get from a dungeon or something. I saw a similar quest for Halls of Stone on wowhead a few days ago. http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?quest=12889

    Perhaps the Hog is a reward in Heroic Halls of Stone or Halls of Lighting? Who can say. But there are so many advanced pieces of tech and engineering running around in the Storm Peaks and Titan ruins, I think we can see it in there no doubt. Could even get it from the Goblins based there in K3.

  17. #57

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by nsiginfic
    Until you get it, it will be the first, and as soon as someone else gets it but you don't, it'll be the second.

    That's all your thinking can ever amount to. Horrible, isn't it.
    interesting how i don't understand what you mean, isn't it.
    "People spend too much time in their forum getting feedback from their own negative feelings"
    -Rabbimojo

  18. #58

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by yaja
    i've played on private servers that allow flying mounts in azeroth. TBH, the problem of incomplete landscapes is a load of crap. yes, there are a few places you can obviously tell people were never intended to go but it's a LOT less then they'd have you believe. a few "nether mist clouds" or something to block off the "zones" that don't exist and azeroth could easily support flying mounts with very little work if they chose to do it.
    I think the main problem , like probably in its entirety is stormwind, they did a complete botch job with that imo. Here you go people have an illusion of a city.
    And to think I came here for civilised discussion...

  19. #59

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Im wondering if these hogs are rep rewards,the skyguard and the netherwing both had mounts at the end of there respective grinds,maybee there will finally be a reason to activly persue steemweedle cartel rep.With the hog as the end result I dont think steemweedle dailies will seem that bad.there being pictures of an alliance and horde version kind of blow holes in my idea.

  20. #60

    Re: The Hog confirmed, Blue posts, WotLK Cinematic

    Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Good, hopefully this will cut down the pointless "QQ wow is a medieval game and shouldn't have motorbikes" whines.
    Having motorbikes in WoW IS stupid, even if there are other mechanical things, they still keep them "fantasy-like". Those bikes are just too modern in they're looks.

    You can have another opinion, but don't insult other people's point of view like some dumb kid, that just makes you look stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •