Poll: what will be the best

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: the best dps class in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy
    so for you that think multiple role class etc go read about wotlk plz and stop writing bullshit in here.
    His comment wasnt bullshit. Maybe you should follow the blue posts a little more carefully.

It was already stated that hybrid classes should do around 15% less then a pure dps class. This is assuming you could gear each player equally and pit them against the same mob with 0 buffs from other players. As soon as you add the dps increase of other hybids/pure dps these numbers will change.

Its entirely possible that a boomkin could be hitting #1 on the dps charts in WOTLK. Assuming perfect raid makeup a pure dps will more often then not, win over the hybrid.

But wait, you also need to take in account for different raid encounters. We all know how much melee love fights where they constantly need to run away.

His comment was simply saying that if averaged, statistics should show pure dps being greater then hybrid.

Fury Warriors will be better, a 2H in the Main Hand should do better damage with the Yellow Attacks, however as usual casters will be superior. Shadowpriests should now have even better DPS if the Raid Wide totems come into effect, especially if you have a couple Elemental Shamans tossing down Totem of Wrath (which does Stack) this will also help out Warlocks (like they need anymore buffs to their damage) and Mages as well.

I'm curious to how Hunters turn out.

Most fights favor casters or melee depending on the nature of the fight, the duration, interuptions, movement, etc. So you can really only ask what thte best melee and caster dps classes are to be reasonable. However, in TBC, overall dmg meters in endgame usually place locks, mages and hunters at top... probably locks if you had to pick one.

In WotLK it'll probably be mages and locks in close competition, while rogues and hunters chase. Looking beyond the hype of the reborn ret pally and the current efforts by blizz to help warrior's out, I think ret will still be a moderate dps contender. They'll probably still be under warriors, gear and skill being equal, but probably above enh shammies, as it currently stands.

I hav only really got an extensive knowledge of rogues and mages. I feel these are the 2 most powerful classes, but like sum1 said earlier, there are no 'Ultimate classes'. they will all b very similar. Yet i would diff hav 2 say that it will b out of Rogues ( Combat swords, i strongly doubt they can buff daggers enuf 2 make them better), mages (heavy nukes) or hunters ( they can really serve the dps out). But they will all be pretty balanced.

Currently ive hav been informd that a combat/assa T6/Sunwell with warglaves is the ultimated dps, and is extremely hard 2 beat, but i could b wrong, but i thing this was intentd. Rogues i feel will stay up the top if not become the best

1. Rogue
    2. mage
    3. hunters
    4. Locks
    5. either Rets or Shadow priests

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Neruat
    i wonder why you didnt put Moonkin, or Either of the shaman speccs up there?

edit: or paladin
    cause i have never seen a moonkin top any dmg chart pre or post BC in a 25/40 man raid.

a fury warrior with haste stacked will be a hard target to beat.

1. Rogue
    2. Mage
    3. Lock
    4. Hunter
    5. Ret (please!?)

I’d love to see rets finally be really valuable also in 5mans.

With the rep-buff and an not only raised but also more controllable dmgoutput they will be teh sexy :3
    … till patchday

And yes, rogues – what else ? :P
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Raid and dungeon forums for a reason. No class is the "best DPS" on it's own. It's dependant on many things: buffs, synergies, encounter, threat being generated by main tanks.

If you want to look at it from an easy perspective: ask this question - "which group do you think will synergise the best in WotLK?" With this question we are able to make DPS groups, and see which will be superior. However, this comes at a price - unless you're good at the game and are in Sunwell (if you aren't - don't bother replying to this thread) then you obviously know a lot about synergies, DPS timers and such things. With current skills - and the WotLK talent trees - it is in no doubt that the best DPS group will be the melee group consisting of:
    - Enh Shaman http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hVhhZhxxIoxdIekguV
    - Ret Pally http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVMZxZxf0tbfuAIoguVo
    - Blood DK http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=jfV...tubsstZf0bhxMo
    - Fury Warrior http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0h0fxZVV0VxxRVu0xsx
    - Combat Rogue http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ebkeZMIVbRVzxMGoVdVo

greenmasheen

being in sunwell or not really doesnt affect common sense in putting together a group synergy. it is well known that the shamans totems will be raidwide, so there is no need to worry about group make ups so much now... but unleashing rage is a great thing to have as well.

also, the assasination tree will be a close rival to combat if not overshadowing it.

If its not rogue, then there's a serious design issue, and that will be addressed accordingly. They're currently the only class bringing nothing but DPS, and therefore they will probably be tuned to do that the best.

Blizzard has clearly stated that their goal is to have each class have exactly as much dps+utility. If, say, mages have more raid utility than warlocks, then their dps will be made lower. If warlock raid utility is higher, then mages will have higher DPS. Same thing with specs, a destro warlock has less raid utility and will therefore do more DPS than an affliction warlock that has more raid utility.

Most party buffs have been changed to raid wide buffs. That is to remove the need for a certain class more than having one of each in a raid. And the ultimate goal is that they don't want to have boss encounters require a specific setup to make it easier. Anyone should be welcome into a 25 man raid, hence class designers try to make everyone equally useful. Useful = raid utility + dps. More or less of each, but a constant sum.

frostmourne dual wielding fury warrior!

rogues have still their alpha talent, so way to early to tell!
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Several classes still need fixing for beta, rogues and fury warriors among those.
    Too early to tell still.

I wonder if there are any opinions on the Death Knight and where in this DPS lineup they would end up.

Hell, I wonder how many people will seriously play the Death Knight...

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    cause i have never seen a moonkin top any dmg chart pre or post BC in a 25/40 man raid.
    Bring a boomkin or two to MH and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by salhadin
    Bring a boomkin or two to MH and see what happens
    Exactly. Clearly the guy hasn't done anything with a moonkin since the patch came out.