Anyone tired of their prot pally?

I dont know about u guys, but so far from what ive seen prot isnt going to be "funner" even tho i will admit soem talents do look "good". but they arnt grabing my attention anymore. im going ret...
    URL=http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/index.php?mod=wowachievement][/URL]

Re: Anyone tired of their prot pally?

RETLOL!

And nothing of value was lost~

I am bored of it cause its all defensive spells. WOTLK brings some flare to the spec but I mean who doesn't want to be ret......I am torn between the two. I want to be Ret but tanks are always in demand :/ IMO tanks should do mad dps then everyone would tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarzi
    I am bored of it cause its all defensive spells. WOTLK brings some flare to the spec but I mean who doesn't want to be ret......I am torn between the two. I want to be Ret but tanks are always in demand :/ IMO tanks should do mad dps then everyone would tank.
    Make one of each tree like I did , then ya can pick the pally to suit the need of the situation instead of respeccing all the time. Nah in all honesty I made 3 different pallies on 3 different servers before transfers, sort of a blessing in disguise now, to play with all three without respeccing.

Well yes, Ret paladins will be great from 70-80 and able to do the 5 man content, but then when it comes to heroic and raid instances you will want a tankadin instead of a Retadin.

Why? Ret pallies bring some really nice additions to raids, even now in BC. And in a 25 man raid, you'll most likely have more than one pally anyway.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fantus123
    Well yes, Ret paladins will be great from 70-80 and able to do the 5 man content, but then when it comes to heroic and raid instances you will want a tankadin instead of a Retadin.
    K, you can come back and post again when you play the game for a bit. what is the bennefit to a raid in taking a prot pally as, and refusing a ret pally as DPS, if they need boss roles filled? "fuck off, we don't want 2% increased damage, 3% crit or 3% increased haste raid wide" or "hell no we don't want any more mana or health regen, we've got enough" better yet, "lolret, dur, i reed dat da paladun doeznt dps well in molten core, so deyz defnitly kant dps now."

i mean, yah, sure, ret pallies really DID suck, but that was over a year ago. Nowadays, people bring ret pallies to their raids. why? because they make the DPS better at what they do, and bring respectable damge to boot.

ps, I seriosuly appologise for the last example there, that fucking HURT to write out...i think my IQ dropped a few points.

Apolgies, what I meant for tanking in raids :P

I know how powerful retadins will be for dps in raids and such, but you don't want a retadin spec paladin tanking 25 man raid bosses over a protection spec paladin will you :P

We have my tankadin in my guild in BT and we are up to the third boss now in SWP, we also have a retadin in are guild as well who is doing a great job atm.

Yeah, sorry if you took my orginal post the wrong way, will look over my posts in future when I had only just woken up

I played a paladin for all of this expansion just a few weeks ago i started playing a shaman(ele), the simple fact is that currently protection is a boring class to play due to the fact that all your abilities are focused around 8-10sec cool-downs and that leaves you with alot of down time which is no fun. ret is the same but you get to do dailies in it so hey thats nice. This aspect of protection is different than the other tanks who would be spamming devastate,shield block, and HS or lacerate and maul constantly which imo would give that more heroic or harder feel to the protection pally tanking
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Good guilds with an eye towards raid continuity are going to take a prot pally, a ret pally, and at least one healing pally. There is room for all folks.