Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Seal of the Martyr Question?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    SoR damage also scales with weapon speed. My math is correct; weapon speed doesn't matter as no instant attacks or PPMs are involved.

My ridiculously low AP was meant to disprove the statement that SoR only outdamages SoB if you have high AP and a bad weapon.

...SoR DPS doesn't matter with weapon speed, but this guy who I quoted thinks it does; that SoR is a static addition to weapon damage independant of attack speed.
    The guy you quoted knows that the coefficients are different based on weapon type, not speed. Don't put words into peoples mouths.

The spell damage coefficients are different based on weapon type, 1H or 2H.

In your original calculations, you used the 2H coefficient for SoR.

SoR is not based off of the weapon past its coefficient difference as SoB/SoM is. SoB/SoM is based off of weapon damage. The more damage that is baseline on the weapon, the better the ability.

Also the fact that SoB/SoM can crit and is based off of your crit chance makes it naturally the better choice of Seal for DPS. Hell, it's Judgement bonus effect is even better, being based off of weapon damage, spellpower, and attack power.

Stop hijacking the thread trying to debate SoR's usefulness, or lack thereof, in end-game DPSing, it has no place and is not a good DPS Seal in comparison to others at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Biral
    The guy you quoted knows that the coefficients are different based on weapon type, not speed. Don't put words into peoples mouths.

The spell damage coefficients are different based on weapon type, 1H or 2H.

In your original calculations, you used the 2H coefficient for SoR.

SoR is not based off of the weapon past its coefficient difference as SoB/SoM is. SoB/SoM is based off of weapon damage. The more damage that is baseline on the weapon, the better the ability.

Also the fact that SoB/SoM can crit and is based off of your crit chance makes it naturally the better choice of Seal for DPS. Hell, it's Judgement bonus effect is even better, being based off of weapon damage, spellpower, and attack power.

Stop hijacking the thread trying to debate SoR's usefulness, or lack thereof, in end-game DPSing, it has no place and is not a good DPS Seal in comparison to others at our disposal.
    Exactly

why do people want SoR to be a ret dps seal so badly? there are countless posts about seal of righteousness being good at this or that given X or Y circumstance and time and time again they are proven wrong. just give up, really lol.

Every major patch or expansion brings "weird spec guy" out of the woodworks. There are people theorycrafting prot arena specs on beta forums as I type this.