Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Change Judgement of Command

Change Judgement of Command from double dmg when target is stuned to just silances target for x seconds. It would be realy pvp seal and would "fix" 7k +++ burst dmg that s2 geared palas do now.

Any other ideas? Post here plx

Re: Change Judgement of Command

the problem i see with that is paladins NEED that double damage to get the burst. paladin pvp is all about droping masive damage while you are still close because of the paladin kite problem. so i dont see that being a good fix

3k dmg from 8 sec ability is still good burst. Expecialy considering seal proc + cruasder strike + divine storm. And with that siliance or w/e effect u could place on that judgmenet u would compensate for nerfed burst dmg. I hope u understand that 7 8k judgmenet of command on lvl70 with season 2 gear will be nerfed. If u hope for that to stay u will get disapointed i belive.

have you seen the stats on lvl 80 boe epics. 100+ stam on wepons alone 80 stam on mid 70 boe blues. expect hp to double come wrath so 12k wont be that high your prob going to be looking at the 20k mark in pvp epics making that 7k damage equil in the % taken from the burst. look at the stats beffor you compare damage to curant stats

You should stop complaining about paladin damages,because at 80lvl everything will change because of stats...

i imagine they will probably nerf our double damage after they made judgements crit x2 like melee. (why they sought to give us quad damage through art of war in the first place seems a little goofy to me.)

Personally i say leave it alone for now, and see how everything else shapes up first. We still don't know exactly whats up with vengeance, and any possible CS alterations.. So before we start calling for more nerfs, lets see what their going to do with these first.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Deleted

here we go again: 7k 'burst' damage of Judgement of Command on a stunned target.

NERF NERF NERF NERF.... Because every class which can deal 7k damage in burst should be NERFED NERFED NERFED..

Why oh why do I see destro specced end game warlocks pump out 7k critting shadowbolts in The Burning Crusade? And why did nobody yell NERF NERF NERF?

Was it because they expect a Warlock to do damage? And god forbit ... a retri doing damage.. yegh!!! no can do Sir. Did they claim destruction is not 'viable' for Arena's and Retri must be godsgift to arena's?
    They compare our damage to warriors and rogues.. but 'neglect' to mention they do  have a MS effect and they DO  have a slowing effect.... 

We should not cry bout it or "roll a warrior/rogue if you want the abblities" .. ok fine, than don't cry about our burstdamage or else... roll a retri paladin

a) The 7k Seal of Command crits has been nerfed patches ago with the change of 'The Art of War'.

b) I'm getting tired of "How ability x needs to be changed" threads.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    a) The 7k Seal of Command crits has been nerfed patches ago with the change of 'The Art of War'.

b) I'm getting tired of "How ability x needs to be changed" threads.
    well, no. I'm trying my pally alt (which probably will become my main anyway) on the beta, with some s1/s2 gear, stormherald, random epics and I can crit up to 6.8k with judgment of command. Anyway, retri palas burst seems a bit too high at lvl 70, I often kill lvl 70/71 mobs in about 2 seconds, or less with lucky procs, which is maybe too much for a class that now can also fully heal from low healt with a single holy light crit + proc. It may change at lvl 80 because of stats but I doubt ret will not be nerfed. Atm btw is the most fun class to play, by far

Deleted

popping wings on a stunned target? :>

Well just about time we can shattercombo :>

(Hello? mages can shattercombo for 7k NOW IN TBC. And it frickin hurts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasgart Holyhammer
    popping wings on a stunned target? :>

Well just about time we can shattercombo :>

(Hello? mages can shattercombo for 7k NOW IN TBC. And it frickin hurts.)
    yes and without a 3min cd spell like wings, i think we gotto see how its gonna turn out at the end

no, 6-7k judge crits are still very possible even after the removal of Art of war, before that we could do 20k crits.

and i cant see why we cant have this kind of burst, since we are a very easy class to CC and control, we dont have slow, or MS efect, no silence, no spell interrupt.

we only have dmg, so leave as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    no, 6-7k judge crits are still very possible even after the removal of Art of war, before that we could do 20k crits.

and i cant see why we cant have this kind of burst, since we are a very easy class to CC and control, we dont have slow, or MS efect, no silence, no spell interrupt.

we only have dmg, so leave as it is.
    This is what i was talking before.

And i dont think everything will change on lvl80. Couse this time unlike at the start of TBC our Judgmenets scale with our Attack power and our spell dmg and we will have tons of both , so if it goes to 7k EVEN AFTER REMOVAL OF OLD ART OF WAR it will still scale very very good on lvl80.

Thing is , paladins was allways built around burst dmg. That is its bane in my opinion couse now it can be earther underpowered or overpowered , i just think it should be a bit lower and give us something else in return that will actualy be skill based and not just random burst dmg.

yes, lets make EVERY ability a pvp ability.... PVE isn't important at all...

Ppl who say stamina will be much higher lvl 80 than it is at lvl 70. Dont you think paladin dmg will scale up as well at lvl 80?

???

Quote Originally Posted by Buman
    yes, lets make EVERY ability a pvp ability.... PVE isn't important at all...
    U dont understand what are u complaining about couse ... Seal and Judgemnet of Command are PVP abilitys.
    Above all of that every class can have 10000 deferent abilitys for PVE but in the end it still is all about spaming 2 - 4 buttons ... If u want 10 dmging PVE seals u will still use one or two max most 99% of the time. For every class is like that ... couse unfortunately PvE is like that. Go check other PvE dps classes and u will see that rogues have like 90% of pve skills and only 10% of pve skills actualy. Yes some of pvp skills can be used in pve ( evasion ) but they are mostily designed with PVP balance in mind.
    There for it is not about not having PVE skills. As retri pala u have exorcism , holy wrath , consecration , seal of martyr ( blood ) , seal of vengance ( corruption ) with judgements and Crusader strike and Divine storm add on that Hand of salvation and protection and u have to do more then most classes ever do ( expecialy if u do seal twisting ).

btw from interview posted on MMO : Tom Chilton say

What about the paladin, is there any plans to nerf the DPS Paladin's damage from what it is on beta servers now?
    T.C. - We are just now beginning on going through the heavy tuning phase, we really don't do that until the end of the beta generally, where we start going through all of the classes and finding the things that are way out of balance and there's no doubt right now that the ret paladins are doing a lot more damage than what we would expect.

So I just say if our dps will be nerfed better dont just reduce dps but give us some skills to compensate for that in pvp and keep fixing our tree. If they nerf JOCs dmg we should get something else on it so it could feel deferent from other judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    According to Combat Stats my current highest Seal of Command crit on a stunned target is 4123. So. Yeah. No, 6-7 crits are not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by StormScion
    So I just say if our dps will be nerfed better dont just reduce dps but give us some skills to compensate for that in pvp and keep fixing our tree. If they nerf JOCs dmg we should get something else on it so it could feel deferent from other judgments.
    Are any of you in the even in the Beta (screenshot or it didn't happen)?

One can easily deal 10k+ damage (at level 77) if you are lucky and get atleast one crit (Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Autohit (SoC proc?), SoC Judgement). Every Retribution Paladin on the Beta agrees, the damage is too high.

I'm tired of everybody pissing and moaning on how the damage should not be nerfed while 95% of you is not even in the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    According to Combat Stats my current highest Seal of Command crit on a stunned target is 4123. So. Yeah. No, 6-7 crits are not likely.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wihoanax8Dg

5-6.5 k crits with season 2 gear. With NO Art of War buff on him.