Thread: Priest or Druid

Priest or Druid

I want to choose a healer as my main for Wotlk but I am stuck between a druid and priest. I like the new priest talent and spells coming up but the druid seems to be doing fairly well also. What also appeals to me is the new spellpower changes and the ability to store two talent specs. Being that I hate melee and moonkin, I'd find respeccing as a show priest for money grinding much more enjoyable. What do you guys think? Priest or Druid

Re: Priest or Druid

if you hate melee and moonkin then go with the priest, because if you go druid, you will probably spend your whole leveling career as feral aka melee so if it's not fun for you, then it's no good. Unless you want to pug your way as resto all the way to 70.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

hope the two talent speccs won't go to the housing feature we're still waiting for, i'vent seen anything of this till now in the beta, but i wait and hope though my shadow won't need this that much

I think Druids will be pretty "nerfed" in wotlk, while priests get some fancy spells and talents. I rerolled priest instead of druid, but druid looks a lot of fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    ...loot for looks
    I do like my toons to look good also! I stopped playing my pre-bc mage because he was an ugly gnome

lol same, i stopped leveling my gnome mage because her hair started bother me. I'll probably go back to her when wotlk comes out, first stop is going to be the barber shop to change that hideous hair. Funny I'm better at pvp with her than my priest (human). She's tiny so I bounce her around and her movements seem more flexible.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I'd say druid.

My main's a priest and i fear for his future in wotlk.

Btw, take a look here if you are unsure about the priest:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=12945.0

read the other posts, if you only read the starter post you will never start a priest

Quote Originally Posted by Meve
    Btw, take a look here if you are unsure about the priest:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=12945.0

read the other posts, if you only read the starter post you will never start a priest
    I disagree with that post. It is mainly a complaint about shadow priest viability in raids and 5 man content when my interest is centered around healing. Everyone complains about their healing classes but they're all fine. Different class healers excel in different areas the same way dps does. While druids maybe able to keep someone topped off easily, a priest can excel by protecting someone from taking little to no damage (i.e. divine aegis, Pw:S, pain suppression, divine hymn etc..) The role of a healer is to keep people alive not who can heal the fastest or top the meters.

Id say priest
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Its really a personal choice.
    The thread about death of a priest isn't complaining about preists (I've always been one and will always be one) its really a discussion. You might want to keep reading - especially what Nogi has said.

All other things being equal (assuming that druids and priest are equal healers which I think is Blizz's attempt) - I do love druids.

I say that because they will still be awesome tanks in WotLK, kitty form allows you to do some nice dps and healing druids have always been good. It just seems like you might get more bang for you buck (plus everyone is always looking for tanks or healers and you could do both) -plus battle rezs do come in handy.

But again, its completly your choice in terms of what you want to do.

Personally, no matter what happens in WotLK, I'll still be healing/dpsing away on my priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Meve
    I think Druids will be pretty "nerfed" in wotlk, while priests get some fancy spells and talents. I rerolled priest instead of druid, but druid looks a lot of fun too.
    lol druids are pretty op now on the healing side of things....wotlk just extends this

I see no nerf in their talents or skills...just buffs accross all 3 specs

Thanks guys for all the responses!

i found my self in that dilema some mounths back.
    lokking the there counent play style i picked priest for its mana burn/power infusion/mass dispell [pvp] and thinking that blizz probly balance healers abit more for pve so we arnt the jack of all trades (when talking about healing)

my impression of resto in pvp is that its just like a warlock just whith HoT's and Clyclone insted of DoTs and Fear, and thay got travel form.

my priest is now lev 52 whith about 9 days played and im loving it so fare, true im shadow but nothing but heal in instances, and i like it thinking if i had leveled at oomkin or somthing i probly have alot harder healing (full brd at lev 49 ^^)

I'm having the same issue about which healer to take in WotLK as well. Have been playing a priest for several years and this summer started playing a druid as main.
    Anyways what I wanted to say was just a little tip if you are levelling a "new" char (priest/druid) as I am with my new priest (old one is stuck on a pve realm, totally fail with x-transfer there -.-)
    Anyways, if you have the money I'd recommend getting a "Refer-a-friend" account or get a friend to start playing^^.
    So far I've seen 10k exp from quests at lvl 20 and some 22k exp at lvl 40.