Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack interview on Gamona

@killsfercake

Does the word "beta" ring a bell?
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by killsfercake
    so how bout making us VIABLE IN PVP LIKE GIVING US MORTAL STRIKE DEBUFF, OR A VIABLE INTERRUPT, OR SOME SORT OF SPECIAL COMBAT ABILITY OTHER THAN RAW WHITE DAMAGE, YOU FUCKING BALD ASSHOLE CUNT!!!!

- he cant even stop himself from laughing when he talks about paladins or ret paladins.

someone should just fire him already. (or kill?)
    Oh, you mean abilities such as http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=10308, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=20066 ?

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valium. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK
    @killsfercake

Does the word "beta" ring a bell?
    I have been a paladin for 3 years.

I am so bitter and I have such a negative attitude, and I have ZERO reliability or hope in blizzard. Every time they say they will fix us they never do. Blizzard actually hates my class honest to god.

I'll be in EPL at 55 in a few months, see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    too tired to fight on these forums (i actually like them)

so please go here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

on that first page I have "highlights" from the subsequent 22+ pages that you can read.

It will pretty much destroy any ridic argument you may have.

war subscription sounds nice :/

But seriously, WotLK was suppose to help paladins who are by FAR the worst pvp class and worst pve healing class.

What have we gotten? Holy shock reduce CD.... Good start but thats about it folks.

We have not recieved anything major or new and our problems in pvp and pve have NOT been adressed.

I mean hell, feral druids needed a snare AND THEY GOT ONE.... Enh shamans needed an anti-snare AND THEY GOT ONE.

Paladins need ANYTHING and we have recieved NOTHING.
    We actually got better group healing ability which was what we needed. Beacon of Light, Light and wisdom judgements which scale (earlier versions of those judgements are just a joke). I like what they've done with the paladin healing.

I don't know much about the retri paladin.. But we can hope they don't nerf nerf us in dps. Just a tweak. Tho from experience we know that won't happen.

too tired to fight on these forums (i actually like them)

so please go here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

on that first page I have "highlights" from the subsequent 22+ pages that you can read.

It will pretty much destroy any ridic argument you may have.
    Yes, since;

YOU FUCKING BALD ASSHOLE CUNT!!!!
    Has set the bar in this 'discussion' prétty high.  :

Well guys all i expected to hear was paladin nerf :P
    It wasn't a surprise to me actually 4 years now the only thing i see is warlock/rogues/game developers whining about the paladin dps/healing.
    I don't want my bok in prot i want it back in retri.
    I don't want pvp talents in retri i want pure pve.
    I don't want judgement resists or seal of command misses.
    I don't want dispelable divine shield and spell stealable wings.
    I don't want another healing spell 3 are far too many for a crit to heal class.....
    Honestly the next thing i am waiting to see is a massive nerf on all wotlk two hand weapons except polearms(hunters....) just because all warriors will be dual wielding two hands and WOW paladin wield a single two hand !!! What a coincidence!! Do not expect weapons with strenght anymore paladins got buff in strenght only ap and haste for hunters and warriors .
    When we get back what was primarily ours we are going to be equal to the noob classes who lose in pve even with the noob paladin retri talents.
    Btw i noticed that there is no bos in wotlk so i guess one less paladin spot on all raids :P merry christmas in epl fellow dks !!!

But seriously, WotLK was suppose to help paladins who are by FAR the worst pvp class and worst pve healing class.
    The worst PvE healing class, yeah right. Get a clue.

Paladins need ANYTHING and we have recieved NOTHING.
    l2p.

Paladins received nothing? Apart from every talent tree total remake and evocation ect. They clearly got nothing.

GIEF A NEW BRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phresh
    GIEF A NEW BRD
    Please god no.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Did you hear that; Lead Game Designer wasnt sure if the lvl cap was 80 yet O_o

Is the interviewer extremely nervous or something? "Uhm... ehh...ahh...ww-ww"

‮

This makes me remember the TBC pre patch 2.0..."omg.ret pala do too much dmg....nerf!"..then what? Crusader strike went to 10 secs CD and vengeance got nerfed as well. It makes ret pala become a joke at the early TBC.
    Then BLz change CS and vengeance(back to 15% anyway) back agian. I have seen some many times that BLZ do something which gonna slap themselves..../sigh...

judgement dmg is too much imo....considering at 80 ppl may have around 16~18k Hp...maybe 6000crit JOC is a bit high,but ret pala need something to put pressure on his target. otherwise it is just"there is just a ret pala on me so don't worry about it" abouthowever with the nerf of judement dmg...maybe ret pala will say bye bye to blue rage bar system (judgement of wise).....BLZ really have to think about this...share items with Dk and warr means ret paladin's mana is pretty low...>.<!

Well, to be honest whoever thinks retris atm (tbc) are low dps should really l2p. Being in a guild that is trying brutallus, we rarely go with less than 5 paladins in raid, often more. Paladins are awesome tank healers, retri ones, besides their utilities are no less than 5th or so on the dps chart. For comparison, the most we can take in raid are 2 rogues in total, making 3 in the whole guild (1 for backup). So imo, l2p then whine about buffs

well ret pala dps (tbc) is addicted to WF totem too much.For god sake, can a ret pala do over 2000dps without a wf totem at SW 2nd Boss? I mean pala's dps need buff because we can;t do enough dps without wf totem in raid.
    paladin;s dps depends on other class skill? well looks like it is cold joke in WOW I have ever seen~~

Ofc, we are currently gearing the backup rogue so sometimes one of the main rogues goes to caster/hunter group on farm content to evaluate the backup rogue performance. Well, dps drop is awesome, not half but from 1800 to 1200-1300. Same with the warrior if taken out of mele group and the godly WF. Actually meles are only doing good dps in perfect conditions with full buffs, remove some and you get something to laugh upon. This is very true for retris too - great dps and great utility inside mele group, laughable dps and still great utility outside, see no problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Poke
    Why does it seem so many raiders think along the lines of longer and more painstaking is better? Its like with gearing. Raiders hate on welfare epics because they aren't as painstaking to acquire as raid gear. But even with this interview you get the sense from the interviewer that he's a raider, and would prefer the 3, 4, 5 hour long dungeon crawls.

Honestly why do so many raiders tend to think along these painstaking lines of gameplay? Why can't something be 1 hour, or even 1/2 hour? Why can't there be 20 of them broken up into smaller time segments instead of a 2, 3, etc. hour straight just to get through it? I don't get it.

Is the accomplishment just how much time you've sunk into something period? ???
    It's more an issue of how easy PvP epics are to get - you don't need to win/kill anything to get them. You can lose all 10 arena matches or battlegrounds and you'll still be rewarded. And yet they're still good for PvE (at least for DPS). As such, there's hardly any actual "accomplishment" there, other than a high arena rating.

As for the dungeon length, it's clear they're becoming very fast to clear. Take MGT for example, it's a quick 20 - 30 minute run with a good group. And the trash pulls there are REALLY big. Odds are good that some of the new instances will be even faster, as they'll have less trash per pull, but keep the same number of bosses. I'm not sure what they meant by having feedback about instances being too long... the only long instances in TBC were Kara and BT.

If anything TBC instances were too SHORT, Magtheridon in particular should've had at least 3 or 4 other bosses in there, the first one on a par with Attumen in Kara. Same goes for Gruul.

The good news is that we get Naxx this time, which they'll hopefully be able to scale properly. I'm hoping for a Gruul - level Patchwerk or so.

Quote Originally Posted by protein
    Can we get a interviewer who speaks English well ?
    "an" interviewer, i can tell you this as a non-english speaking guy

epic fail

Deleted

Sorry but all your ''please donot nerf paladin'' noobs should really:
    A. Shut up
    B. Play Beta
    C. Accept info from people who are in beta.

Atm in Pve, paladins are fine and many are brough to high raids, on the contrary for for instance druids where we (A 4/6 SW guild) usually bring only one while we take many more paladins and shams and coh priests.
    Pve healing paladins have been buffed very much in WOTLK Beta atm, having an aoe heal and massive mana efficientie aswell as very strong Seals which can be judged from far away and last very long.
    Tom Chilton however was talking about ret damage in the BETA, which is really over the top atm, I (Feral druid in bear with 5/5 vengefull and 60% Armor migitation in bear) Have been brough down from 21k health to 5k health while in bear in the duration of 1 HOJ from a retri paladin in WOTLK quest greens, critting me several times for 4k+ in the duration.
    I hope everyone can agree this is over the top, especially against clothies with 0 resi who are getting one-shotted atm.
    I think this is all an itemisation BUG and should be fixed, not a nerf as to what ret is now