Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who thinks ret is going to get owned?

After hearing what Tom Chilton said about nerfing ret, im feeling a bit of deja vou from TBC beta. Who thinks Ret is going to get nerfed to hell and back?

Re: Who thinks ret is going to get owned?

In comparison to where they are right now on the beta, just bringing them in line with the other classes would require that much of a nerf.

I personally can't wait for the QQ
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Why do people start these retarded threads with absolutely nothing to base conversation on? What do you expect to come from this thread? There's no proof, nothing to discuss, no build notes for future builds right now. Wait until then before you start calling out nerfs.

"ZOMG joo means we dunt get 2 be ov3rpow3rd omg bliizzard joo suxxx"

seeing where ret pallys are ill be happy with what they give us. Some buffs are better than no buffs lol

They'll "nerf" it to not be retardedly overpowered. Druid is reasonably overpowered, Rogue is reasonably overpowered, Ret Paladin in beta is a demi god.

2 shoting ppl with 8k judgments is over doing it lol. i expect them to bring stuned judgments to 4k-5k crits. our damage will still be much higher than now but it wont be stuped.

Makes me laugh.

"Paladins need a dps buff" they buff us.

"Zomg paladin are op now, my <insert class name here> cant beat it now, i used to be able too in TBC" They nerf us.

I have a feeling we'll return to our current levels quite swiftly once everyones whining kicks in.

Timeline:

WotLK hits, 4 weeks later paladins nerfed.

But hey as long as Boomkins can do 1 sec wrath doing 2k damage, i think this game is nicely balanced.

We are currently doing too much damage in beta and i think thats obvious to just about anyone. It needs to be brought down. However i just hope its not to the point were ret is a joke, like it is currently.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz
    We are currently doing too much damage in beta and i think thats obvious to just about anyone. It needs to be brought down. However i just hope its not to the point were ret is a joke, like it is currently.
    ret isnt a joke. people who dont know how to play the class believe it is though.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

The only thing to really worry about being nerfed are the 7 - 11 k judgements. Lower coefficient is not a huge nerf.

Once it's in place a lot of other things will balance out -- Judgements of the Wise for example and the mana restoration for it. With this, Ret Paladins are tanking instances more efficiently than Prot Paladins & healing better than Holy Paladins simply because they're getting mana back faster than they can use it.

Next, there are videos of a Ret Pally soloing the two highest level instances including two of the bosses. He's using a combo of Holy/Prot gear to tank and heal himself at the same time while Judgements of the Wise keeps him at full mana the entire time. He also solos the hardest outdoor boss in beta at the moment. He said if he could find someone with the quest, he'd attempt to solo the new Ring of Blood as well. God knows he did world PvP with a group attempting it and got two of the mobs on him and still killed the entire group then healed himself with the rest of the mobs going onto him and ran away.

Either way, once coefficients are lowered on judgements and Judgement of the Wise creates a sense of a more finite mana pool. The Ret Paladin should still be awesome. These are the only things that are OP about them at the moment. If Blizz panics and nerfs them across the board they'll be really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoten
    After hearing what Tom Chilton said about nerfing ret, im feeling a bit of deja vou from TBC beta. Who thinks Ret is going to get nerfed to hell and back?
    I play ret and honestly were gettin torn apart before wotlk. honestly if they change a lil we would be a force to reckon with but Kalgan wont let that happen, im abondoning ret spec in wotlk. This beta is the best we will see it.

Don't Panic you will have a wonderful Protection Tree to spec in... hm bad joke but don't panic please its too early to say that blizz will nerf us so hard that we need dorns to do double damage . Just let them nerf the Judgment coefficient that would really solve most of the balancing problems also divine storm should apply seal procs to the targetted enemy only.
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

They did it from old wow to TBC too. They buffed the retri paladin in the beta and they where doing some nice damage, then other classes started to complain becouse they couldn't find an anser to there eliteness. Blizzard then just nerfed Paladin to oblivian. Result: Paladins where healing bots, after a few monts Blizzard then corrected the prot paladin a bit so they where able to tank and nerft the healing power of the paladins.

They fixed the 3 things where a retri paladin had a hard time with.
    • The AP vs SP
    • The gear
    • The mana bar

I'm almost sure of it that Blizzard is now going to tweak a bit with the classes up untill they kick in some raid dungeons. They will then check what effect every class has and correct them.

Don't forget that those paladins in the movies all have T6 + great perfect weapon on them. On live servers 95% of all retri paladins don't even have good epic items. They will never see this quind of damage when leveling nore in dungeons. But if the other DPS classes want to play the game world of easycraft, your gamestore around the corner is selling a keyboard with one button.

Well, they haved fixed many of the Retribution issues. Sheath of Light fixed the Spell Damage Problem, Judgment of the Wise fix the mana Problem. Also a new instant attack (hopefully), i hope i stays until release... and Seal Judgement system completly reworked with 2 min seals and all judgements do damage. Also Concecration / Seal and Judgement of Wisdom and Light scale with AP/SP. So we are not so gimped in wrath as we are in tbc.
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

Actually paladins are showing off how crap gear they usually got. Like blue pvp gear and mix of t4 and season 1-2 and they still beat arse.

Have been said before me, only problem now are huge judgment numbers, rest is realy fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wolluis
    Don't forget that those paladins in the movies all have T6 + great perfect weapon on them. On live servers 95% of all retri paladins don't even have good epic items. They will never see this quind of damage when leveling nore in dungeons. But if the other DPS classes want to play the game world of easycraft, your gamestore around the corner is selling a keyboard with one button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Actually paladins are showing off how crap gear they usually got. Like blue pvp gear and mix of t4 and season 1-2 and they still beat arse.
    I already posted once, but thought that someone should emphasize this. There are multiple videos of Ret Paladins in S2/Kara gear taking down S3 people and two-shotting T6. There's really no way to argue that their gear is insane. This is only the case for the Paladin which I described in my post being able to solo instance bosses and the hardest outside boss in the game.

It's true that this particular Paladin had amazing gear allowing him to solo these NPCs. But, for PvP, generally the Paladins are in poorer gear than the people they are fighting and still decimating them.

11-17k criits are not OP at all... definitely not OP at all we should just let ret pallys continue to do that kind of dmg and let rogues / mages / squishies get 1/2 shotted.. nope not OP at all leave pallys as they are imo cos they are so not OP

Thank god the only thing blizz really is going to nerf is our judgment damage back to sane levels (2k ap + talents = 7k+ judgment crits on stunned targets without AW going, thats a 'little' high), everything else will probably remain untouched.