Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Who thinks ret is going to get owned?

Is there a dps meter that can confirm these things. If one of the beta testers could make a screenshot of a group with 1 cat, fury warrior, rogue, shaman and a paladin. Check out whats the biggest dpser and who has the most damage. Then screenshot it and give us some prove.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wolluis
    Is there a dps meter that can confirm these things. If one of the beta testers could make a screenshot of a group with 1 cat, fury warrior, rogue, shaman and a paladin. Check out whats the biggest dpser and who has the most damage. Then screenshot it and give us some prove.

Don't you just love a class with a 5 stacking DoT off a weapon that ticks for 2.1 k damage every 3 seconds and judges for almost 10 k crit damage? That's only around 25,000 damage in a 9 second frame (10 sec being judgement CD, 8 sec talented -- so I'm considering 2x) without any consideration for white damage.

Yeah, it's reallll fun. :-*

EDIT: For the record, my guildy said that this is WITH AW. So I guess I should add that in there.

It doesnt tell you much. He could have been in a group where the rest were doing double or only a half of what he was doing. What was asked for was a screen shot of the meter showing other dps along with the paladin- prob not be able to run any addons in beta but you can ask for the combat log of the other dps group members. Best taken over a boss fight so there is a time frame.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mcstu
    It doesnt tell you much. He could have been in a group where the rest were doing double or only a half of what he was doing. What was asked for was a screen shot of the meter showing other dps along with the paladin- prob not be able to run any addons in beta but you can ask for the combat log of the other dps group members. Best taken over a boss fight so there is a time frame.
    Nexus instance Ret Pally DPS

rofl, poor palas. GOnna get nerfed :/

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    11-17k criits are not OP at all... definitely not OP at all we should just let ret pallys continue to do that kind of dmg and let rogues / mages / squishies get 1/2 shotted.. nope not OP at all leave pallys as they are imo cos they are so not OP
    It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!!!!!!

Thank you Seraphk for the screenshot.

The paladin did 1500 dps. I can only conclude that our dps went up with 800points. We can see some nerf before the release.
    Strange that the hunter only did 530 with that quind of gear, shouldn't he be around 1000 - 1200 dps?

Hope we can now see some other screenshots that can state this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk
    I already posted once, but thought that someone should emphasize this. There are multiple videos of Ret Paladins in S2/Kara gear taking down S3 people and two-shotting T6. There's really no way to argue that their gear is insane. This is only the case for the Paladin which I described in my post being able to solo instance bosses and the hardest outside boss in the game.

It's true that this particular Paladin had amazing gear allowing him to solo these NPCs. But, for PvP, generally the Paladins are in poorer gear than the people they are fighting and still decimating them.
    Could you link the video of all that soloing business?

Quote Originally Posted by Shjade
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=86339

He bursts for several times over 8k
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shjade
    The Power of Retribution

Very impressive Paladin.

I actually used to play Alliance on Skullcrusher before I went Horde and the fact that he gives a shout out to Holybeatrix shows that he knows an awesome Ret Paladin. That guy was a Grand Marshal and I remember doing BGs with him on my Feral Druid and being like... "Woot, another off spec that knows how to play!"

So, that player is quite good and so is his gear. However, the fact that he can solo the two hardest instance bosses and the hardest outdoor boss is a little much. Though, I find it great that a player can access the position of his class, compile all the changes made to it, then utilize it in such a fashion as to be able to pull of some of the things he is doing in this video having only played it for 7 levels in WoTLK Beta.

EDIT: BuffPriest beat me to it ^_^

Sheath of Light increases Judgement damage by too much. It sadly needs to go, or be changed to healing spell power only.

I also think the JoC stun bonus damage needs to go down to 50%.

And while it is nice, instant strikes aren't going to proc seals much longer.

That is my prediction.

The only thing hitting hard is SoC judgements. If they take the double damage off it, fine.....if they nerf anything else besides the judgements. I am def QQ'ing

Well seeing Jayde’s new DK video where he tanks as unholy spec, he crit with obliterate for just under 4k and that was with 3-4 diseases up on the mob.
    Then switching to a ret pala movie and seeing 8k like every 10sec kinda makes my face go white.
    They will hit ret with a nerf bat hard when they do, they will prob hit them to hard also so they must gradually tune it up after release (or in the lv.80 beta test).

After reading blizz latests responses about paladins they seem to focus on the prot tree atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    Sheath of Light increases Judgement damage by too much. It sadly needs to go, or be changed to healing spell power only.

I also think the JoC stun bonus damage needs to go down to 50%.

And while it is nice, instant strikes aren't going to proc seals much longer.

That is my prediction.
    Sheathe of light wouldn't change the damage by much. It's the damage formula's.

Currently its something like 36% of ap + 58% of spell damage + 30% of weapon damage = Judgment of Commands damage. This is with 2k ap and a damage range that has 1k as a median (I think that's the right word). Now do the math and you'll see it isn't sheathe of light, its the new formula for how the judgment's damage is calculated that will be nerfed.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It's Tom Chilton... what do you think? I can hear the nerf bus heading this way as we speak (or, well, type).

Irregardless if ret pally is nerfed into the ground or not, I'm still going to play mine - not as a main, but as just another of my characters.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Ret needs to have its damage nerfed, this much is obvious, they are also saying this about the mage however. QQ.

I've been playing as Ret for a while and I have to say it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Fully buffed I don't really have many mana issues, especially if I get judgement of wisdom on the target. Adding to this, my damage is fine - our guild is currently in TK/SSC and I manage between 900-960 dps depending on who you ask, and my gear is representative for that level of progress. Considering I bring some decent buffs on top of that, I'd say that DPS is fine.

The current judgement system I find clunky - they are sorting this out in LK.
    We will have mana issues with new abilities - they are attempting to sort this in the LK.
    Our judgements need to scale - this is going to happen in LK.
    We are also getting whirlwind, this is great and IMO needed.

What I don't want to happen is to see any of our abilities taken away from us, currently I'm content with the damage I'm doing in a raid, any buff is a step in the right direction.

Command judgements are doing too much damage, this can easily be sorted. Then we've got Avenging wrath and vengeance. Those two give a rather large boost to raid dps, what I'd like to see, is balancing around those two, rather then ruining other things. It looks like they are thinking along these lines as vengeance just got reduced to 2 stacks instead of three.

But tbh, I dont know why you're all so worried. Ret needs a nerf, it will get one. I doubt they will remove divine storm, and up until that point, I'll be fairly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoten
    After hearing what Tom Chilton said about nerfing ret, im feeling a bit of deja vou from TBC beta. Who thinks Ret is going to get nerfed to hell and back?
    I really hope the make it decent enough. With a 2h weapon you can't guarantee enough output w/o deathknight style abillity set ups. Right now ret has judgements, their whirlwind and crusader strike, that's more than warriors have, but a warrior with a slam rotation and no windfury is dead on his feet for dps. If the bursts are big enough that means better dps, but then you get QQ because people are taking 7k hits every few seconds, makes sense to me, but sense dosen't always work in a cooperative game. If ret's raw damage is dropped it NEEDS another attack to give them a good rotation and set off their attack speeds. Flurry would be a nice start.

Windfury Totem v2.0
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Windfury Totem v2.0
    Grats on your post count?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I was referring to the poster above me asking for Flurry. I would have quoted it to make sure people knew what I was talking about but the murlocs around here tend to get angry when you make your posts easier to read by that particular method.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.