Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Who thinks ret is going to get owned?

Ah, now it makes sence

Don't you hate those Murlocs? *looks around suspiciously*

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

One of them tried to hump my leg a few days ago, it was WEIRD.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    2 shoting ppl with 8k judgments is over doing it lol. i expect them to bring stuned judgments to 4k-5k crits. our damage will still be much higher than now but it wont be stuped.
    resilience will do this. Have you seen the new gear? 84 resilience trinket ftw. every other class in the game is capable of 8k, don't see why paladins should be the only class that isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777
    resilience will do this. Have you seen the new gear? 84 resilience trinket ftw. every other class in the game is capable of 8k, don't see why paladins should be the only class that isn't.
    Are all classes capable of doing it with still having enough survivability though?

Personally I hope they make every single class and spec just as good (but different !) and viable as the others. Don't give ret(and everyother dmg dealer -:P) too high dps and don't give them too little dps either.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Just something to bring up, please don't generalize DPS to Insanely large Judgements based off a Stun.

Currently, the real issue behind the big crits is the Double Damage done by Judging Seal of Command on a stunned targets.

Above poster: sed wat?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...808_121411.jpg

This is the only picture I took, but the rest of the duels were as jaw-dropping as this. After two duels I started realizing that every time he got within 5 yards of me, my health would drop with at least 30% health (roughly). Only through a mages movability and insane gear difference I was able to win against this rather "scrub" geared paladin, wearing the Ethereum Nexus-Reaver drop from Doomwalker, a couple of blue reputation PvP gear, one gladiator and one guardian. The rest was quest blues.

The highest I've ever been crit by a retribution paladin on Live was around 3600 with Avenging Wrath versus my priest that had around 150 resilience at the time. The opponent was a full vengeful geared retribution paladins. I have no words. So powerful. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Calath

. Only through a mages movability and insane gear difference I was able to win against this rather "scrub" geared paladin, wearing
    thats how you are supposed to kill a paladin- keep him at arms length, even if the gear was reversed and he was overgearing you- if you arent in 10yds he aint gonna do any damage. However, they are supposed to do severe damage if they get in range of you. Pallys judgements are high at the moment and will be reduced but you will have to get used to pallys doing more damage as a whole.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nihilistic
    Just something to bring up, please don't generalize DPS to Insanely large Judgements based off a Stun.

Currently, the real issue behind the big crits is the Double Damage done by Judging Seal of Command on a stunned targets.
    i havent seen the video closely but somebody told me it was against a warrior and he had deathwish and ehh whatever is their other ability that increases damage taken on. still their damage is "high" but its better than pre TBC hope they dont get screw

My gues is that they will bring down the % crit on the the judments. They will not do anyting towards overal damage on the paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobies
    Sheathe of light wouldn't change the damage by much. It's the damage formula's.

Currently its something like 36% of ap + 58% of spell damage + 30% of weapon damage = Judgment of Commands damage. This is with 2k ap and a damage range that has 1k as a median (I think that's the right word). Now do the math and you'll see it isn't sheathe of light, its the new formula for how the judgment's damage is calculated that will be nerfed.
    Judgement is balanced around that the paladin uses either AP or spell power gear to increase its damage. Note either.

Sheath of Light allows the paladin to use both, or essentially increase the scaling from AP by 48%. Of course that isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Calath

This is the only picture I took, but the rest of the duels were as jaw-dropping as this. After two duels I started realizing that every time he got within 5 yards of me, my health would drop with at least 30% health (roughly). Only through a mages movability and insane gear difference I was able to win against this rather "scrub" geared paladin, wearing the Ethereum Nexus-Reaver drop from Doomwalker, a couple of blue reputation PvP gear, one gladiator and one guardian. The rest was quest blues.

The highest I've ever been crit by a retribution paladin on Live was around 3600 with Avenging Wrath versus my priest that had around 150 resilience at the time. The opponent was a full vengeful geared retribution paladins. I have no words. So powerful. ._.
    wow your srysly complaining? LOL i get 4.6k socomm crits right now. I dont see what the big deal is, mages score 8k frost bolt crits all the time and no one cries nerf nerf nerf. lol and srysly 4.5k healh at lvl 80 is 15% health...grow up nub and l2p

Quote Originally Posted by mariokartjoey
    wow your srysly complaining? LOL i get 4.6k socomm crits right now. I dont see what the big deal is, mages score 8k frost bolt crits all the time and no one cries nerf nerf nerf. lol and srysly 4.5k healh at lvl 80 is 15% health...grow up nub and l2p
    FrB does not crit for 8k. Especially not against 441 resilience.

Be realistical, judgements are too strong on the beta now.

Paladins have become rather good at this...

"Why is it unfair my SoC crits 5k in grey gear when warlock soulfire crits for 12k on warrior with full list of debuffs and recklesness one with zerker????"

"lol mages throw 8k frostbolts all the time"

"i have seen rogue to stab a critter for 56k"

"execute hits for over 10k!"

ect.

/agree

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    FrB does not crit for 8k. Especially not against 441 resilience.

Be realistical, judgements are too strong on the beta now.
    Ohh, here you are.

FrB crits enough for it to be followed by an Ice Lance on a frozen target and nearly kill it if both crit, which (if you know Frost Mages enough to state so firmly the non-case of FrB critting for 8k) will both benefit from the 50% crit buff of the Shatter on top of the Mage's FrB crit talent and baseline crit chance.

Even with 441 Resilience, Frost Mages eat though the % mitigation and still cause enough damage for attention after the dmg red%. Not to mention they can have a great pet for additional rooting, mana return, and sick combo damage (and let's not forget their new spell that hits like a truck if they can get it off in time).

Quote Originally Posted by Biral
    Ohh, here you are.

FrB crits enough for it to be followed by an Ice Lance on a frozen target and nearly kill it if both crit, which (if you know Frost Mages enough to state so firmly the non-case of FrB critting for 8k) will both benefit from the 50% crit buff of the Shatter on top of the Mage's FrB crit talent and baseline crit chance.

Even with 441 Resilience, Frost Mages eat though the % mitigation and still cause enough damage for attention after the dmg red%. Not to mention they can have a great pet for additional rooting, mana return, and sick combo damage (and let's not forget their new spell that hits like a truck if they can get it off in time).
    And how about the Paladin? Can't he use other abilities than Judgement, too? DS and CS are strong. Frost mages basically only have fire blast left for instant burst when they don't have frozen targets.

Frostbolt/IL requires a frozen target and 2-4 seconds depending on haste and freeze type. HoJ+Judge takes 1.5 seconds pre-haste. Freezes are much easier to counter than stuns. Only dispels, Blink and AoW'd HoF clears HoJ while many classes have root counters.

so i was browsing the forums and ran across this vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAIK5dNJIw

people are complaining about ret pallys doing 6-8k crits

itll get nerfed just like Seed of corruption did before BC came out :P. I read somewhere that they arent even sure if this skill should be AE or not. After all, they are obviously making more encounters aoe based (all classes getting aoe spells and tanks getting better aoe tanking abilities) and if that is true, SV hunters would be the only spec to be....unless volley is viable.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

i beleive they removed the CD on volley but the dmg that hunter was getting with that shot is more frequent then the 8k judgement crits that ret pallys get while the target is stunned

I dont see hunters going trought with that given that even isint in raid gear.