Will u stay Resto shaman in wotlk or will u reroll?

Simple question ,maybe for somebody lame question ,but i want to ask you

To question ,i think Resto Shaman will be better in arenas than now ,and in raids resto shaman will be very useful and maybe best healer ...

In arenas(2s,3s,5s) spirit link will be very good i think ,and we have improvement LHW and HW with crit ... ancestral awakening ...

In raids - spirit link will be good too improvement with chain heal ,earthliving weapon great improvement,ancestral awakeing too,LHW and HW more usable and haste rating with castig chain heal,also tidal focus - 60% crit ,40%crit,20%crit boost on 3 spells ,very nice...

What do u think about it?

Sorry for my lame question,thank you for your answers .

PS : For reroll i thought if u will rerol to some other healer class like HOLY PALY,DISC HOLY PRIEST,RESTO DRUID

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Will u stay Resto shaman in wotlk or will u reroll?

At first, I won't reroll. I need to have some time to choose my specc tho :P And maybe level my hunter first, since those changes seem great already. Anyway, I'm resto at this moment, and I really enjoy it. BG's, arena, a HC here and then, all fun to do as Resto.
    Tho I might be respeccing Enh at WotLK, the changes seem great and I've always enjoyed Enh, but will probably enjoy it even more at 80. Tho, I'm not sure of this, might aswell specc Ele, since those changes might even do better for PvP then Enh does, and also you can get the same Spellpower gear and respecc Resto without needed to get other gear, respecc back whenever you want with the same gear is awesome....hmm, will take some more time till I actually choose one specc. To hard to say which one I'll pick right now..

Think the Resto Shamans will be 2nd best healers for Arena (druids will stay first...) , and I guess the best for PvE. With all those nice changes...

Deleted

I'll respec to Elemental to solo level, but I'm going straight back to Resto for 5-mans and when I hit 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    I'll respec to Elemental to solo level, but I'm going straight back to Resto for 5-mans and when I hit 80.
    I will be maybe levling in instances as resto :-) ,i will try it how it will goes and than maybe i respec to ele or enha for leveling

i'm considering about a respec to enh for the leveling then back to resto as soon as i hit 80. not sure yet about the respec for the lvling.
    Sapped girls don't say no

15+ Year Old Account

@ Kadvael:

One advice, if you're going to Specc Resto 100% sure on 80 then you'd rather level with Ele, you'll need almost the exact same gear for Ele and Resto. You could also level Enh and keep all the Resto Items you get tho.

Deleted

Its pretty too early to decide wich spec i'm gonna be in WOTLK.
    After full WOW and 80% of TBC as resto (MH-BT as elemental) i really don't know what spec i'm gonna choose as "final" 80.

I think i'm gonna level up as elemental or enhancer (dependes on wich equipe will be the better ;P), then i'm gonna wait for some talents-gear stabilization and so go for the main spec .

The real problem is, wich alts i'm gonna to level up to 80?
    Rogue?
    Lock?
    Mage?

LOL!

Maybe resto shaman as pve and rogue or lock or mage for pvp, but as i said its really early, remember also that we are going to have also an over powered Death Knight...

@ OP.

True at the moment the current talents and spells pretty much show that restoration shamans will be very very useful in WOTLK what with their but as others said it's way too early to decide. Seeing WOTLK is still currently in it's beta version everything is subject to change so any talent might tomorrow disappear or be nerfed/replaced.

Personally even thought I play restoration druid I always fancied the fact that a shaman has very powerful multi-target healing , a part of the game that very much tempted me to re-roll. Alas now that druids received an multi-target healing spell (even if it's viability is still to be established) I don't really feel that I should re-roll , or that shamans will still be the best healers in WOTLK.

Just my 2c.

ill go ele for sure

anyway, i was wondering how efficient could eleshaman be in healing through 5mans during leveling, with new coeficients to heals, imo there wont be a problem and ele will be able to heal most of them, atleast up to 80lev dungs, what do u think?

I'll be staying (PvE) resto in WotLK. The changes look to be in the right direction, and the class seems to remain a healer/buffer with lots and lots of utility. Getting Hex as a healer seems incredibly useful for heroics and ten mans (a healer with mostly-reliable CC!?). My only real concern at the moment is that CoH-priests will outshine everyone on raid healing, but it's still too early in beta to say much about the relative power of talents and abilities.

For alts, I will probably keep my shadow priest as my dps alt, but replace my protadin with a frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    anyway, i was wondering how efficient could eleshaman be in healing through 5mans during leveling, with new coeficients to heals, imo there wont be a problem and ele will be able to heal most of them, atleast up to 80lev dungs, what do u think?
    It'll be the exact same as an elemental shaman in healing gear right now. As long as you pick up Improved Healing Wave and Healing Focus, you should be fine, though obviously without the healing utility or raw power of a resto shaman.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

We kept up with CoH in BT and SW, so i think we'll be ok as long as chainheal doesn't change. But in all honesty, that druid heal looks mean. The paladin's will be a nice addition to their repatoir, but wont change their healing role. Flourish on the other hand is the most efficient, effective, and downright powerful AoE heal in beta right now, and i can't see it not being able to easily keep with CH and CoH on healing, and hell, you don't even need to continually cast it. That's where our competition will come from in WotLK, although that depends on how much AoE will be in encounters.

That being said, i'll definitely stay resto for WotLK. Though i'll probably level ele, as it just looks like too much fun to pass up, but with the gear consolidation, it wont be hard to switch back and forth. The new resto stuff is amazing, so amazing i wont mind (too much), if druids become the premier raid healers. That massive crit boost combined with our new crit mechanics will not only make us amazingly effective healers, it'll be much more fun just to heal.

I am asking myself this question as well.

I'm a PvE resto shammy (MH and BT on farm, Illidan down, jsut cracked SWP open), and I enjoy resto shammy. Before MH, resto shammies weren't that much fun tbh. We aren't that good in 10man or point healing. It seems like we really shine in MH/BT.

I am a bit torn though, seeing as my previous main was a hunter and I enjoy to play hunter. My primary reason for ditching the hunter back then, was the overflow of DPS classes and lack of healers and tanks on my server. And hunters were just not that desired.
    With the new changes, hunters is getting some raiding love and may be very usefull in raids.

So I can't decide if I wonna remain resto shammy or go main on hunter instead.
    I definately won't respec the shammy. If I play shammy, it's gonna be resto. Else I might as well dps on hunter, since I enjoy that more.

To begin with, I am gonna go with resto shammy. Mainly because my guild is gonna need all the healers they can get, since a lot of people is most likely gonna iether respec for leveling or try out DK's. If it turns out, it's not much fun or shammies are still just raid healers, I may deside to switch main. In the end, I think it depends on what is needed the most of the two. I don't wonna get in the masses with a hunter as dps, and having to bribe people to get on a raid
    As it is right now, I am certainly guranteed a raid spot as resto shammy. If it turns out our guild really need that hunter, I may go that route.

So I am letting the game decide for me. If resto shammies is really needed, like they are now, in MH and up, that's the way I go. Else I am ditching the shammy for the hunter.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Ill be doing it on 80 in wotlk the same as i'm doing it now.

Resto for 10/25 raids, and when finishing up certain tiers of content i.e. farming it ill do elemental pewpew.
    Enhance for anything else (grind/quest/pvp).

haven't decided on lving spec tbh, 1st thought was enhance, but lately elemental seems mighty fine by me.

Can I have one more question?What do u think about "protector totem"(earth) - stoneclaw totem ,to protec other totems - water,air,fire.

What do u think?

I think ,this way to fix totems isnt so good ,because the most usefull totems are earthbind and tremor totem (earth totems) and if we will have stoneclaw than no tremor and no earthbind :-\ ,i know better than nothing but ... why they cant give to totems something about 1k hp?Is it so OP ? I think totems are needed ...