restoration/elemental Hybrid specc

I have been thinking about the new possibilities with a restoration/elemental burst specc. The specc I have just thrown together is this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000
    With this specc there are alot of different tuning that can be made but the main theme is having both a high crit% (12% on bolts) and extra crit damage (burst abilities) and being able to heal, somewhat compared to a dreamstate druid atm but with higher damage.

As we all know in Wotlk there will just be spell power which will enhance the utility of this specc with both high damage and good heals.

I am not an Arena freak but I think this specc would fit a 5v5 with 2 healers having the shaman as one of the healers and as "damage control". What are your reflections about this specc and the viability?

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Re: restoration/elemental Hybrid specc

Noone who has an oppinion on this specc? Pro's & con's?

Quote Originally Posted by Murre
    Noone who has an oppinion on this specc? Pro's & con's?
    imho what you got there are 2 cups half empty.

I can not think what the point of that spec would be, doing 2 things mediacore does not cut it in my book.

there is generally no point getting mana tide as a resto pvp spec, with everyones totem killing macros it is destroyed before it ticks more than twice.

better off having the survivability from enhance imo, also with the improved shields talent

nah i don't think this will work very well. alot of key talents for ele and resto are deep in the trees. and you don't have earth shield

Yeah if you're gonna go 40 into resto I would definitely take Earth Shield over Elemental Mastery. Earth Shield is huge in a lot of situations, much better than a 3-min CD imo.

Ok, thanks for the tips. Really useful, as said I'm not experienced in Arena as shaman but when wotlk comes out I will try this specc with some tweaks (Earth shield i.e.) and see how it goes. I was intending it to be more of a damage specc than a healing specc but with the ability to throw NS and emergency heals if a teammate goes low.