Thunderclap Nerf. Why?

Ok, so as we all know the new patch notes are out at last.

Fury got some insane buffs which i really love, arms got 1 or 2 minor nerfs, the main one being the Blood Frenzy nerf, kinda pointless imho, but i digress..

Warrior
    Skills
    Arms

* Thunderclap cooldown increased from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.

Isnt this pretty much the opposite of what Prot warriors have been asking for?
    We've asked over and over again for either the CD to be lowered or removed, or for it to affect all targets in range.

I've never been one for whine threads, in fact in all my time I've mostly defended Blizzards choices saying how we will survive and adapt, but now I have to ask, Why include this totally, utterly and 100% foolish nerf?
    Anyone have any thoughts/comments on this?

Re: Thunderclap Nerf. Why?

You do realise that while this is a small nerf, Thunderclap also recieved numerous buffs making it far more efficient then the version we know on live servers at the moment, even after this "nerf"?

With the old (4 sec CD) TC your threat generation is almost equal to a paladin (which is a class which supposidly excells in AoE threat).

Thunderclap is fine and still better then it used to be. And stop calling things "nerfs" when they arent in a live environment yet as things will change a lot before release.

The increased cooldown isn't that big a deal (2 seconds? come on!) compared to the buffs.

I couldn't find a link to them, so somone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that TC no longer has a limit to the amount of targets affected and the damage caused now scales with your AP.

Look over today's post "Undocumented Class Changes"... They justify pretty much any nerf they could do to tanking! :P Especially one as minor as +2 sec on TC CD... why are you even spamming it? It's a debuff that generates some threat, not a damn consecration!

Basically, my thoughts are as follows: Warrior changes rock face. Any QQ about warrior class in the current build will be met with my foot (and probably many others) up that person's arse!

*cough* shockwave *cough*

/bye
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Veine
    You do realise that while this is a small nerf, Thunderclap also recieved numerous buffs making it far more efficient then the version we know on live servers at the moment, even after this "nerf"?

With the old (4 sec CD) TC your threat generation is almost equal to a paladin (which is a class which supposidly excells in AoE threat).

Thunderclap is fine and still better then it used to be. And stop calling things "nerfs" when they arent in a live environment yet as things will change a lot before release.
    whaaaat?

are you playing the same game as me?
    if i just spam TC the third or forth mob usually end up running to the healer when we start on the 2nd one o.0

That is why just cant just spam TC to hold aggro ;D
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Veine
    ...lolwut?

What do you feed your tank? I want some of that...

Thunderclap on steroids? yesplz!

Thunderclap threat =/= Consecrate threat
    Get your facts straight!

Actually the TC that scales with AP pretty much IS TC with steroids
    If in doubt afk out

He is talking about the current TC, however and comparing it with consecration threat...

But yeah the new TC is pretty awesome

no he was talking about current beta tc,
    and he said the beta TC with 4 sec cd was equivalent to paladin in aoe tanking, which is why the cd is a bit longer now, to maintain palas spot as aoe tankers.

Yeah comparing to consecrate may be to much but still, its AWESOME
    If in doubt afk out

just another case of a "beta version" of a spell being nerfed, and people crying about it because they relate the nerf to the "live version".

you forget all these beta nerfs are small nerfs to spells that got big buffs, so overall compared to the live version they're still buffed

I was reffering the current TC threat and the current concecrate to the new TC and the new concecrate. The new thunderclap (even with its increased CD) has gained some massive improvements which makes its threat generation more then enough to keep mobs of your healers (nearly equalling consecration)

Thunderclap is fine (even with its increased cooldown). Its far better then the Thunderclap we know at the moment. How can you call something that got better a nerf?

My mistake

I havent slept so I guess I must not be making much sense.

They removed the cooldown, so it's spammable.
    Thus it became useful as an aoe tanking tool.

TC does more damage in wotlk so even with the nerfed cooldown you will do same amount of threat with it as before.