Thread: pally gyphs

  1. #1

    pally gyphs

    "Glyph of Holy Light - Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 of the initial target."

    what the hell does that mean? Does that mean if you heal the MT and OT + 3 melee, everytime you heal the MT, all those you healed before will get 10% of the amount you healed?

    "Glyph of Flash of Light - Your Flash of Light heals for -50% less initially but also heals for 196% of its inital effect over 1 to 0 sec. "

    single target HoT? except I still don't quite understand the last bit of that sentence...

    "Glyph of Crusader Strike - Your Crusader strike deals 20% more damage when your targe is incapacitated or stunned.
    "

    damn. great synergy with JoC.

    "Glyph of Seal of Command - Increases the chance of dealing Seal of Command damage by 20%. "

    does that translate into increasing SoC proc?

    "Glyph of Seal of Wisdom - While Seal of Wisdom is active the cost of your healing spells is reduced by -5%.
    Glyph of Seal of Light - While Seal of Light is active the effect of your healing spells is increased by 5%.
    "

    damn, Blizzard listened to my whine several months ago.




  2. #2

    Re: pally gyphs

    Isn't that a good thing though?

    Hopefully these aren't the only glyphs... i'm sure they'll plan to add more options.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  3. #3

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by briany
    "Glyph of Flash of Light - Your Flash of Light heals for -50% less initially but also heals for 196% of its inital effect over 1 to 0 sec. "
    Cant wait 2 try this out, i wonder if it works like this.

    Flash of Light heals for 1000 with out the Glyph, and with it 500 and after 1-0 sec ~1000.

    So gaining 500 healing sounds nice if im rigth :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

  4. #4

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by briany
    "Glyph of Holy Light - Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 of the initial target."

    what the hell does that mean? Does that mean if you heal the MT and OT + 3 melee, everytime you heal the MT, all those you healed before will get 10% of the amount you healed?
    It means if there are 6 ppl standing ontop of each other (dont know the range so :P) If you heal 1 of the persons it heals the other 5 people to
    If in doubt afk out

    01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

  5. #5

    Re: pally gyphs

    "Glyph of Holy Light - Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 of the initial target."

    what the hell does that mean? Does that mean if you heal the MT and OT + 3 melee, everytime you heal the MT, all those you healed before will get 10% of the amount you healed?
    Makes Holy Light into Circle of Healing with a 5 yard range. Blizzard will prolly make it 10 to 12 yards soon enough.

    "Glyph of Flash of Light - Your Flash of Light heals for -50% less initially but also heals for 196% of its inital effect over 1 to 0 sec. "

    single target HoT? except I still don't quite understand the last bit of that sentence...
    Makes FoL a HoT. They just screwed up the last part of it. Will probably wind up being 12+ seconds.

    "Glyph of Seal of Command - Increases the chance of dealing Seal of Command damage by 20%. "

    does that translate into increasing SoC proc?
    SoC Currently has ~40% proc rate, that makes ~40%*70%(SoC Holy damage)=~28%. Made SoC inferior to Seal of Blood. Now, they give SoB to alliance in the form of SoMartyr. And this glyph makes SoC (~40%+20%)*70%=~42%. Makes SoC now ~7% better than SoB. This glyph has potential.

  6. #6

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Stufmenatooba
    SoC Currently has ~40% proc rate, that makes ~40%*70%(SoC Holy damage)=~28%. Made SoC inferior to Seal of Blood. Now, they give SoB to alliance in the form of SoMartyr. And this glyph makes SoC (~40%+20%)*70%=~42%. Makes SoC now ~7% better than SoB. This glyph has potential.
    Not really.

    Seal of Command is still under the effects of a PPM restriction. Assuming Blizzard thought this trough it is probably the PPM that will receive the 20% increase, not the proc chance on Seal of Command itself.

    But, with an increase of 20% you will still be looking at a PPM of 8,4. And needless to say, you will be making alot more attacks than 8 every minute.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  7. #7

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Not really.

    Seal of Command is still under the effects of a PPM restriction. Assuming Blizzard thought this trough it is probably the PPM that will receive the 20% increase, not the proc chance on Seal of Command itself.

    But, with an increase of 20% you will still be looking at a PPM of 8,4. And needless to say, you will be making alot more attacks than 8 every minute.
    Yup, think this is how it will be. Interesting to find out which seal will do more dps in Wotlk-live.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

  8. #8

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by mcstu
    Yup, think this is how it will be. Interesting to find out which seal will do more dps in Wotlk-live.
    I think this will be Seal of the Martyr / Blood, although I'm partial to Seal of Vengence aswell after reading some of Voidwalkers theorycraft regarding the matter.

    Guess we'll have to wait and see.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  9. #9

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Not really.

    Seal of Command is still under the effects of a PPM restriction. Assuming Blizzard thought this trough it is probably the PPM that will receive the 20% increase, not the proc chance on Seal of Command itself.

    But, with an increase of 20% you will still be looking at a PPM of 8,4. And needless to say, you will be making alot more attacks than 8 every minute.
    Not really.

    You attack about 15 times per minute, using the slowest weapon possible.

  10. #10

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777
    Not really.

    You attack about 15 times per minute, using the slowest weapon possible.
    It's actually 30 times per minute (15 Autohits, 10 Crusader Strikes, 5 Divine Storms) not counting Haste, which will be an even major part of WOTLK than it is now in TBC.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  11. #11

    Re: pally gyphs

    Crusader strike procs SoC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

  12. #12

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Crusader strike procs SoC?
    In the beta, yes.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  13. #13

    Re: pally gyphs

    Glyph of Holy Light is fantastic. Flash of Light? Not so much; I'll just take sheath of light instead. More ret love, as well (love the crusader strike synergy with JoCommand) but little for prot so far. Maybe some mitigation or threat glyphs in the future? We can hope.

    Things are (still) looking good.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

  14. #14

    Re: pally gyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Not really.

    Seal of Command is still under the effects of a PPM restriction. Assuming Blizzard thought this trough it is probably the PPM that will receive the 20% increase, not the proc chance on Seal of Command itself.

    But, with an increase of 20% you will still be looking at a PPM of 8,4. And needless to say, you will be making alot more attacks than 8 every minute.
    The wording from the Gyph sounds like it's applying after PPM, and I'm hoping it is. But if it is, there's no point using SoB/M. since most 2H are 3.5 wep speed, that's 40% chance to proc. Or another way in saying, you have a 40% chance of dealing SoC damage. Increasing 20% means you have 60% chance of dealing SoC damage.

    imo, it's fair because you SoC < SoB to begin with, and it's a talent. You use a Glyph slot to buff your SoC, so SoC should > SoB after that applied.

    I'm just a bit worry with the burst if my interpretation is correct. But if Rawberry's interpretation is correct, this glyph might not be worth it (since there should be more coming).

  15. #15

    Re: pally gyphs

    If i'm reading the flash of light glyph correctly, it will do 50% less healing when you land the heal, but 1 second later it will add an additional 196% of your heal...

    So you're basically making the flash of light that hits weaker but you still get more if you wait an additional second which can prove useful imo.

    I guess we need to wait on the wording so that it is more clear.

    The holy light glyph just proves what direction they are taking Holy Paladins, we are the best single target healers in TBC and now we'll be able to heal melee along with those tanks (with this glyph and Beacon, and yes beacon will be awesome just wait)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •