1. #1

    question about the concentration aura change

    as you may know the concentration aura got changed in the latest build.

    * Concentration Aura changed = All party or raid members within 30 yards lose 35% less casting or channeling time when damaged.

    am a bit new to all the wotlk stuff so could someone explain exactly what this mean and the effect it would have on FoL/HL

    soz for the bad english
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

  2. #2

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    if you get hit, you lose 1 sec casting time. if you get hit again, you lose 0.5 second casting time, any hits after that you lose 0 secs.

    basically 1.5 second extra per cast.
    Cut down 35% of that, and it's only ~ 1 sec per cast.

    This means you paladins will have trouble getting "interrupt immune" though.
    Which is probably what the change is intended to do.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  3. #3

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    if you get hit, you lose 1 sec casting time. if you get hit again, you lose 0.5 second casting time, any hits after that you lose 0 secs.

    basically 1.5 second extra per cast.
    Cut down 35% of that, and it's only ~ 1 sec per cast.

    This means you paladins will have trouble getting "interrupt immune" though.
    Which is probably what the change is intended to do.
    first: you lose 0.5s for both interrupts which tops at 1s.

    so with aura it will be 0.65. it's made like that probably coz old system was unreliable, you could be lucky and be immune for interrupts or unlucky and cast forever.

  4. #4

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    Concentration Aura now is only moderatly usefull because of the change in interrupt mechanics :-\.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  5. #5

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    Imp Concentration Aura => 50% less casting or channeling time lost when damaged.
    5/5 Spiritual Focus => 70% chance to not lose casting time when damage.

    Maximum time lost is 1.5 seconds, down to .75 sec from Concentration Aura. And there's a 70% chance you won't even lose that much.

  6. #6

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    suffer miserable rogues for i haf sheath of light ^^ .

    on a serious note this wasnt realy needed . stand-and-cast is already bad as is :P

    wow-from a pvp perspective - is not a paladin's game anymore. Holy has never been overpowered :.The biggest concern is to buff druids and warlocks more .

  7. #7

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Imp Concentration Aura => 50% less casting or channeling time lost when damaged.
    5/5 Spiritual Focus => 70% chance to not lose casting time when damage.

    Maximum time lost is 1.5 seconds, down to .75 sec from Concentration Aura. And there's a 70% chance you won't even lose that much.
    Spiritual Focus will get changed in a similar way as Conc Aura. The same thing will happen to all pushback resistance effects.

  8. #8

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    Spiritual Focus will get changed in a similar way as Conc Aura. The same thing will happen to all pushback resistance effects.
    If thats the case, then we'll remain where we are. With over 100% spell push-back immunity.

    70% reduced duration
    + 35-50%
    =120% reduced duration

    omg, speed up my healzz?

  9. #9

    Re: question about the concentration aura change

    Quote Originally Posted by djx
    on a serious note this wasnt realy needed . stand-and-cast is already bad as is :P

    wow-from a pvp perspective - is not a paladin's game anymore. Holy has never been overpowered :.The biggest concern is to buff druids and warlocks more .
    Crit holy shocks proc an instant Holy Light. So that should help with mobility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •