Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Chnges to Fury, Goodbye Arms

Yup, all the skill-less nubs are crying about their mace stuns, oay no attention to the one second overpower cooldown, or not making deep wounds a requirement for impale...wrecking crew...yeah. I agree with the poster above that anyone who looked at the changes and thinks arms is dead in pvp because of it has no idea how to play their class (and god is it an easy class right now if you're a mace warrior).

That being said, fury will be superior in PvE situations: blood frenzy will provide just enough of a viability boost that the people out there who like the pve arms playstyle can afford to stay arms and do alright.

The real question now is gonna be Axe vs Sword for PvP...and with a 6 second ICD on sword spec I'm thinking it'll be axes. I will probably be speccing 52/16/3 arms on my warrior for pvp at level 80. Talent placement as follows:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0...hdrgzVoVVzVZ0h

For PvP arms is still doing fine tho it's very crit reliant which is pretty bad for PvP.
    For PvE it's just not very well structured, Overpower is the weakest special ability currently it has no extra damage and is only available in battle stance and requires poor gearing in expertise which loses rage and rend which also requires battle stance to proc
    These are horrible for PvE but it's increases in damage based on crit in arms is fine for PvE but needing to slam with a resetting swing timer when fury has a massive amount more white and yellow damage now builds rage better and a proc of BT crit to cause huge slam damage without reset, imp slam with reset is just not gonna cut it as staple anymore to keep up with fury that can just stack haste to the sky as arms has no flurry now wrecking crew is a replacements for that it's not actually improved PvE arms after all the nerfs from what it is in live currently only the NYI enraged assault will improve it wrecking crew is a more suitable arms ability but it's not enough to compete.
    Sure wrecking crew will give you more easier access to enraged assault then using your enrage cooldowns in fury but fury doesn't lose it's flurry on the process arms loses it's damage increase.

Arms needs some work pretty much if you don't think this is the case your pretty much asking for a huge fury nerf in damage and the obvious thing to take a hit is the now unlinked flurry, recognize it doesn't matter what shamans have they aren't warriors they will be using one handers.

Fury will lack enormously without second wind, imp hamstring, imp intercept, and if you do manage to get them, then your fury tree is lacking what it needs. MS will always be the best for pvp. Can anyone testify if wrecking crew and enrage stack? Oh btw, fury warriors will be destroyed by resto druid and resto shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    Fury will lack enormously without second wind, imp hamstring, imp intercept, and if you do manage to get them, then your fury tree is lacking what it needs. MS will always be the best for pvp. Can anyone testify if wrecking crew and enrage stack? Oh btw, fury warriors will be destroyed by resto druid and resto shamans.
    heroic leap is still in fury tree....
    another ability to make up distance when you have more escape abilities on enemies now is better then a 10 sec shorter cooldown.
    BT regens hp second wind requires you to be in a poor situation and imp hamstring is a proc..
    Wrecking crew and enrage look alot like the exact same thing except proccing from different things which means fury will have it up in pvp situations any way while still having access to flurry.
    the more points you spend up in arms makes you less likely to get enrage anyway and too many and you don't get piercing howl either.

greenmasheen

the one thing that will affect itemisation is the fact that you will need more hit rating as a dual wielder.

Yes but you can just rock leather and rogues gear and this isn't the case for PvP either as well if you get 2 handers occasionally they will have hit rating and I imagine they may have a ton of it as well it basically guarantees more HP, look at the 2 hander in PvP you'll have 117stam X2 compared to arms with just one as well as the large AP.
    It's looking good for fury really

First of all, sorry for my english :P

I like a fury change, but still arms is my favourite tree. Bladestorm is in my eyes excellent ability. I have read somewhere then blizz is going do warrior more like warcraft3, yeah I love this. Everyone is thinking how useable bladestorm will be. But no1 care how effect of this ability look like. I know is not so importent, what I want to say is... That is not a bladestorm, warrior roration is just so slowly. Your blade MUST create a shining circle. Something like power-saw. That is a storm, bladestorm. How I said my english isnt good, so I hope u understand what is in my mind. Next ... First version was 4.5s long and attack every 1s, then attack every 1.5, and now duration increased to 6s and attack every 1.5s. I want duration 2s and attack every 0.5s. I will still break all cc, make bladestorm longer is not improvement. All players arround u have alot time to manage with it. Im not on beta realms, but I believe then in middle of bladestorm u wish to turn it off.

Arms is far from dead, Fury is a Viable Pvp spec. But I dont think it will be Top spec for the Pvp warrior. Yes Fury dose look pretty tatsy for Pvp but like an above poster said... Itemization... Pvp gear lack's +hit becuase its not geared for DPS but for surviavability primarily. From what i can see thier will be Alot of instant attacks from Arms... With "taste for blood" "Wrecking Crew(being able to burn enraged assualt form it)" And Imp MS being able to refresh Mortal strike after using enraged assualt. And sudden death... Although im nto to sure about it in Pvp.... it maybe prove usfull, but after using it you will be rage starved.

This is my spec for Amrs Pvp.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

Im not 100% sure if i will end up with "blood craze" It has been buffed to 6% from 3%... depending on how noticable it is I may ditch it. Booming voice to annoy rogues. while trying to catch them out, I liek the idea of truma it will increase the ticks of deep wounds and rend. May switch it to Blood frnezy depending on wether its all that great.

Of course im Open to anyones Opinion... that is just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Longeye

on a side note, wonder if 2h weap spec with titans grip will be better than DW spec, cant really get them both. 5% overall damage, or 25% offhand. hmm.
    you can get both http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12053110501351

I have tryed Titan grip, since im on beta, and a arms spec.

Personally i found that titan grip was a joke if we compare to arms spec.
    I kill people and mob alot faster in arms then fury.

For sure im not 80 so alot of thing can change at 80 , but for now i prefer arms and by far. Free execute on crit hit ( 30% chance if im right ) , 1 sec CD on OP , and ...

titans grip should be awesome but you need to have high hit chance as missing with 2handers is not good for your rage.

anyway, arms will still be very good for pvp.

Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

What Blizzard has done to the Fury tree gives back to the Fury Warriors pre-TBC.

If you ever saw a good Fury Warrior, you would know what a killing machine they were regardless of what situation they were in.

Somewhere lost in the realm of cyber fantasy and my reality that is work.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...10053101501351

for fury id go more with a spec like that for raiding since enrage wont really help as much as +5% 2h dmg. i threw in bloodsurge because it might be pretty good for added dps to have a gcd only slam to mash. also put imp thunder clap and demo shout to help out the tanks in case its a paladin and cant really mitigate any kind of similar effects.

just my 2 cents

edit: also did 1 furious attacks for bosses that might be like illidan so you dont need a hunter wasting dps on aimed shot if it works on boss fights for that reason.