Thread: buffs?

  1. #1

    buffs?

    I read the new post on making lots of buffs/debuffs raid wide and such. I know that most of the confirmed buffs are all dps buffs, what about making prayer of fortitude and such to be raid wide? This would really make a huge difference if they do it or not, but I'm curious.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: buffs?

    At most they should make it class wide like blessings, would help alot in cases like on supremus where melee dps won't "need" stam.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  3. #3
    Nogi
    Guest

    Re: buffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    At most they should make it class wide like blessings, would help alot in cases like on supremus where melee dps won't "need" stam.
    lol

  4. #4

    Re: buffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    At most they should make it class wide like blessings, would help alot in cases like on supremus where melee dps won't "need" stam.
    how does it help?

    5 groups = 5x fort
    9 classes, 2 strictly melee = 7x fort

    anyway, why wouldnt someone wants buff, if he benefits from it? those are not like blessings, which are not always usefull to all classes

  5. #5

    Re: buffs?

    This entire post is confusing... firstly how is Fort buff not raid wide already? I'm pretty sure in my raids that every raid member ends up with Prayer of Fortitude. I guess what the first person was really asking if 1 priest can cast prayer of fortitude once to buff all 25 raid members... why is this necessary? Just sounds like a change to help lazy players thats probably not needed.

    In addition... why in the hell would people not want the fort buff? It's not like blessings where a different prayer overwrites fort... you get fort and shadow protection, not one or the other. For odd encounters like supremeus it's not too hard for you to click off any buffs you don't want... but if you're OT has less health than melee dps for Supremus... wtf are you doing in BT?

    I'd expect even with the changes to raid composition that blizzard are attempting to make in WotLK that there will be 3 priests, probably 1 of each spec or 1 shadow and 2 holy... i'm pretty sure the 3 priests in a raid can manage to Fort buff 5 groups without too many problems and offer Shadow Prot when required.


  6. #6

    Re: buffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I guess what the first person was really asking if 1 priest can cast prayer of fortitude once to buff all 25 raid members... why is this necessary? Just sounds like a change to help lazy players thats probably not needed.


    you're correct in that. i was asking if one person could use fort and buff 25 ppl. i certainly dont think it is necessary, but i was curious lol

  7. #7

    Re: buffs?

    would be a welcome if pointless change :P

    also you click it off because its done on current health, not total, gives the healers that extra 1k slack room

  8. #8

    Re: buffs?

    Personally, I'd prefer the Imp DS buff at least 1 tier earlier in the Disc tree.... I somehow doubt that Disc will ever be a truely 'great healer' spec... and even in PVP, they are fairly weak healing (but dang near impossible to kill..... /grin). The mana return from the healing, will 99.9% chance, be from effective healing only.... which will make it a lot less than most think it will actually regen mana....

    But with the new downranking nerf, I think the majority of the healers in T7/8 content, will be priests + druids, with 1/1 or 1/2 shaman/pally (or other way around). For the most part, priests really have never had to do very much downranking, except maybe for tank-insta-gib spam fights (brutallus...... enough said ). Only time I've ever needed to downrank a spell, was for tank healing.... and with the new Priest 80 spell (was hard to refind, as the level cap hasn't allowed access yet), which grants the target 30% of all healing the priest does for 30 min, and with the new mana refund from overhealing, will be quite the compliment for CoH Tank/Raid healing

  9. #9
    Nogi
    Guest

    Re: buffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgat8516
    Personally, I'd prefer the Imp DS buff at least 1 tier earlier in the Disc tree.... I somehow doubt that Disc will ever be a truely 'great healer' spec... and even in PVP, they are fairly weak healing (but dang near impossible to kill..... /grin). The mana return from the healing, will 99.9% chance, be from effective healing only.... which will make it a lot less than most think it will actually regen mana....

    But with the new downranking nerf, I think the majority of the healers in T7/8 content, will be priests + druids, with 1/1 or 1/2 shaman/pally (or other way around). For the most part, priests really have never had to do very much downranking, except maybe for tank-insta-gib spam fights (brutallus...... enough said ). Only time I've ever needed to downrank a spell, was for tank healing.... and with the new Priest 80 spell (was hard to refind, as the level cap hasn't allowed access yet), which grants the target 30% of all healing the priest does for 30 min, and with the new mana refund from overhealing, will be quite the compliment for CoH Tank/Raid healing
    grants 30% of the priest healing to the target? where did you bring this one.
    sorry if i sound amazed, yet i haven't seen or heard from any blue post a talent or an ability that a priest has which gives: "which grants the target 30% of all healing the priest does for 30 min" as you said.

    as for me, who plays a priest, i downrank even when i dont MT heal, tbh most of the time i downrank. yet i assume it won't be a problem although the mana cost of gheal is 100 more, since there is a talents, and although on beta my regen isn't increased i'm quit sure that it will be managable. i don't think it would be much of a problem if the mana return is raid wide its like always playing with a shadowpriest in the group and then really downranking isnt needed (mana wise to my veiw).

    i must remind: BL is still a party buff, and you won't see 1 shaman in the raid, you will see 2-4 even 5, BL is win, and usually needed to increase dps (rarely for healing or tanking but also helps alot), and i doubt a shaman won't be used: elemental seems like a really nice tree now for pve raiding, and the healing tree - i still hope to see some talents their nerfed (i also want a spirit that spawns and heals 10% of the lowest HP target in raid when i use healing/lesserhealing wave).

    i think that divine spirit and improved divine spirit should either be trainable (divine spirit and improved as a talent) and to make it posiable for a pve priest that wants to go full holy to get it. i still find it a bit weird to see a dicipline specc priest in pve raid (more points in disci other then holy).

  10. #10

    Re: buffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nogi
    grants 30% of the priest healing to the target? where did you bring this one.
    sorry if i sound amazed, yet i haven't seen or heard from any blue post a talent or an ability that a priest has which gives: "which grants the target 30% of all healing the priest does for 30 min" as you said.
    Mark of Divinity: Marks the target with Divinity, causing 30% of all of your healing to also heal the target. Lasts for 30 min.

    Courtesy of www.WotlkWiki.info website! ;D

    Anyway, I am rolling Disc to heal in Wotlk, and DS should NOT be trainable. It just means that a disc priest would be less usable for parties and raids. Keep it where it is, it just allows for more diversity in the priest class!

  11. #11
    Nogi
    Guest

    Re: buffs?

    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47695
    acroding to this its on beta

    yet, it doesn't exsist on beta, and its first time i seen this.

    Mass ress was also something that appeared on wowhead and more, some still have it. i'm not sure how true this is, since can't see any blue post and it doesn't apear anywhere reliable (blue posts and beta).

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...64127&sid=2000

  12. #12

    Re: buffs?

    Mark of divinity was datamined from alpha and apparently never implemented in game and propably never will...

  13. #13

    Re: buffs?

    Per some blue posts i've read Blizzard have indicated that the Disc tree is supposed to be the priest's best HPS healing tree... basically to specialise in MT or single target healing.

    I think this is a very good idea and really defines what the Holy & Disc tree actually are... for too long the Disc tree has been thought of as a tree to compliment holy or as a PvP healing tree.

    Blizzard have acknowledged that the disc tree is going to utilise shields and damage absorption type mechanics and they have also acknowledged that this doesn't work too well with the rage mechanic. As such they are looking for some solutions how they can keep the shields (which they have stated will stay) without posing a disadvantage to wars and druids.

  14. #14
    Nogi
    Guest

    Re: buffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Per some blue posts i've read Blizzard have indicated that the Disc tree is supposed to be the priest's best HPS healing tree... basically to specialise in MT or single target healing.

    I think this is a very good idea and really defines what the Holy & Disc tree actually are... for too long the Disc tree has been thought of as a tree to compliment holy or as a PvP healing tree.

    Blizzard have acknowledged that the disc tree is going to utilise shields and damage absorption type mechanics and they have also acknowledged that this doesn't work too well with the rage mechanic. As such they are looking for some solutions how they can keep the shields (which they have stated will stay) without posing a disadvantage to wars and druids.
    sheild and absording dmg doesn't make youe HPS higher.
    HPS = healing per sec. highest hps you get on 1 target (MT) is by spaming Gheal without losing any gcd to pom or renew (aka act like a paladin), discipline tree might get a few MT healing talents, but by absord dmg, while the holy tree sticks to the +heal. + heal gets more hps on the target since your heals will be bigger. at, the difference between disci tree gheal and holy tree gheal on WOTLK beta server is arouns 800-1000 therefore will not make the discipline tree good for hps on MT, yet it might be more efficiant to heal MT as discipline secc, although to my veiw if i compare the holy talent and the discipline talent the holy is much better for PVE healing (60% of your mana back if you over heal above 50% or more VS geting 2.5% of the amount healed as mana - shall i remind effective heal) while the discipline tree seems more of talents a priest misses now in arena/pvp (such as regen, more +heal, every priest that heals in arena will have the same 3-4 complaints and the few new talents of discipline definetly fill most of the gap.

    although: in both tree's i think the 51 talent point is abit not ... expected for more. i won't talk much about discipline tree since i do mostly pve. yet penance is channeled effect meaning every random can interrupt or CS u. and gaurdian spirit just seems like a gimik + graphics are lame just looks like a sheild.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •