Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPriest is too simple

It really is!

Took about 30 seconds to make this build: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo

Which seems to be the perfect PvE build. It's unfair, we don't even have to test things and do theroycraft math!

/latenightrant

Re: SPriest is to simple

Hai!

fix ur title it shood bey "SPriest is too simple"

That is all.

except that Dispersion is pretty much worthless for PvE except for very specific situations and maybe saving you a repair bill on trash once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmere
    except that Dispersion is pretty much worthless for PvE except for very specific situations and maybe saving you a repair bill on trash once in a while.
    umm hai yea, it may or may not be useful, especially with them saying that priests generate the same regen as they do now. with my gear, i generate ~250-300 m/5 (depending on if its a boss or trash) and that wouldnt be much at 80. also, potion sickness... yea enough said. however, every other class is getting their own mana regen. it COULD be good, it could also be worthless =/

edit- also, 3/3 pain and suffering isnt needed. 66% chance to refresh swp should be enough in most cases.

With potion sickness, I'm pretty sure Dispersion is a must for PvE.

Re: SPriest is too simple

wrong :P innerfire is a must for PVE now affecting healing AND dmg spells also :-*
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I personally don't have 4 spare points for 36 spell power.
    well i do ;D
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

why imp. shadowform? spellpushback in pve? yeah right...

I'm guessing its for the fade bonus, which could actually be useful in a PvE environment.

Please do some theorycrafting before you join the band wagon with 3/3 improved inner fire

Level 80 inner fire is 120 spell power, that means for 3 whole talent points you get 36 spell power. 1 point for 12 spell power doesn't seam must have to me. I personally don't have 4 spare points for 36 spell power.

Dispersion on the other hand has far more use than just a mana regen (however that would be useful), some bosses can do immense amounts of damage to you obvious examples are Najentus and Illidan, this ability on these fights would make it much easier on the healers.

In reply to the other post, 3/3 pain and suffering isn't just for dot refresh, it's also an extra 20% less backlash from SWD which once again if you are getting raid damage it can be risky to use, this talent makes it easier to constantly spam without worry.
    Erveryone who ever palyed Beta will agree with your statement. The tree talent points for inner fire is simply bullshit, no discussion about that. The 3/3 in pain and suffering gives your the opportunity to use SW ever moment. Why ? Because you get only 15% of the damage youself with the heal dot upon the target. The only serious concern I have about the start build is, if it's really necessary to skill 25% aggro reduce. I'd rather just spent one point in it and spend 2 points in VE...

something like that: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo

For improved Shadowform, we should consider the WotLK Raidencounters later.

Dispersion is really one of the ebst 51 points talent that I've seen in all the classes. It's absolutely needed for leveling. Maybe, you could eventually try this one http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo, depending on how mana reg will be a problem during raids or not.

So the Spriest Build isn't simple, maybe you don't need to cacluate things, but you have to find out what is ebst for your raid setup or the encounter you want to face...

Aerv

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    With potion sickness, I'm pretty sure Dispersion is a must for PvE.
    Dont' think so ... with those amounts of Spirit and then imp Spirit tab Shadows will have mana like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruchtzwerg
    Ever been at ROS ? Well it's realy Encounter depending.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo
    could be a Specc 3/5 Shadoweaving is well with one shadow in raid not godd.

15+ Year Old Account

Didn't they remove potion sickness?

Also, I think that imp shadowform is useless for the most part (for pve), especially since pushback can only happen twice per spell anyway. I also took one point out of Shadow Weaving. With 60% chance to debuff the target, once it's stacked, it will always be stacked, at least that's what I understand from TBC raiding.

Since PvE is all about min/maxing, you really should do imp Inner Fire. In this build I still have dispersion (the mana regen would be nice), but more than likely you should take the point out of that. You still have the shadowfiend.

I couldn't find any other points I was willing to give up to put in imp inner fire besides the one from imp SF, SW, and dispersion.

Edit: here's the link: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bqMhzGZZGcfVofzcVqVzAo

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhkIZZGMfVofzcVqVzAo
    I will test this build out ill think. With the extra treath reduction from shadowform i hope 2 points in shadow affinity will be enough.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo
    This build if the improved inner fire dont seem to do anything for me.

I must ask,
    "Level 80 inner fire is 120 spell power, that means for 3 whole talent points you get 36 spell power"

So the base spellpower from inner fire is 120, and you get 36 extra from talents, in total of 156 spellpower with 3 talentpoints?
    Didnt they change inner fire to "change your armor bonus and SPELLPOWER bonus of your inner fire spell with 30%? I havent read anywhere that its a base 120 spellpower + 36 extra from the 3 talents. If its 30% spellpower bonus, its worth it.

Can anybody link where you did read that change on inner fire?

EDIT:
    Did find this:
    "Inner Fire
    It will be changed to spell power, so that it's useful to Shadow Priests too. Regarding the charges, they're likely to stay. The spell is dirt cheap because of the charges. If we removed them, we'd have to up the mana cost. A Warrior who keeps his shout up in fights is usually regarded as better than those who don't, similar to a Priest who keeps his Inner Fire up vs those who don't."

Still cant find anything about 120 spellpower..

Actually on Beta realm, ypu get +120 holy power of iner Fire at lvl 80.

that's where the Idea of these 36 sellpower came from.

But, it's still a great non-sense to skill imp inner fire as long as you need anything else in the shadow tree for PVE. And I'm sure, Dispersion will be of great use to you compared to these poor 36 spellpower. Just remember how bad Spell Power scales on our DPS. I think I will sacrifice these 0.5% DPS for a really interesting surviving ability, espacially since many encounters are relying on ths. (Najentus, Archimond.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Fruchtzwerg
    Are you serious?

I would propably go for Imp VE instead of imp shadowform given the new mechanics of spellpusbback. Both are situational at their best really.

I bet your healers love you lot, talking about not getting dispersion for 12 spell power...12sp isn't even 1% at level 70 raiding never mind 80.

Improved shadowform while being situational will increase your dps in fights like hex lord more than 24 spell power.

I could never run as a shadow priest with 3/5 weaving as I'm the only shadow priest in the raid most of the time and there will be little room for 2 at level 80 anyway. It's just too risky for me to lose the stack with a string of bad luck.

I'll have to see threat before I consider dropping shadow affinity, to be honest I prefer keeping it and taking imp VE as my job isn't max raid dps...I might have topped meters in karazhan but that was due to others slacking not shadow priests being pro dps. Yes we have increased dps in wrath but so do other classes.
    Eh? If its my post you are answering to, i did never talk about not getting Dispersion
    I see some use for Improved shadowform, and i will test that out in encounters like that.
    Ye, we all need to testout the new aggro management, but i still think i can spare one point in that, i maby wrong though.
    I was allways the top DPSer/damager in Kara untill the guild started to get T5 gears Shadow weave set and BoJs rewards and some PvP stuff did get me a good headstart of the other classes. As soon as the other classes did get their hands on the T5 gears... i started to fall in the DPS charts.

15+ Year Old Account

Explain yo reason fo imp shadow form? and u dont need that many in imp mindblast if your speming it everytime its up like that your not maxin your dps out put. ive tryed dps output so many times and u dont need that much on MB CD

It depends how much you have haste.

New changes:
    Inner Fire now gives Spell Power rather than just Healing Spell Power and Improved Inner Fire boosts both the armor *and* spell power components of it.
    Max rank of Inner Fire by default gives +120 Spell Power.
    With 3/3 Imp. Inner Fire it's +192 Spell Power. So 3/3 Imp. Inner Fire is worth a flat +72 Spell Power. Or +24 Spell Power per point.
    Its getting better..