Thread: Wrecking Crew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Wrecking Crew

Concerning Overpower, I doubt I'll be bothering with Battle Stance in PvE because I intend to stack a lot of expertise on my dps gear. When you aren't being dodged or parried then Overpower won't become available anyway unless you spend the talent points on Taste For Blood, spend the rage to keep up Rend, and sit around in Battle Stance. I'd personally rather be sitting in Berserk Stance and using that precious rage on my Slam rotation while keeping Deep Wounds as my only bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    and overall in a raid setting it's not that great either, since only rogues use bleeds, and if you have a druid, they'll be applying mangle, which is better then trauma
    You're missing the point. Trauma doesn't just bolster your bleed effects, it should be debuffing the target against bleeds from all players. That means your cat druid and bear druid at least will be appreciating you just as much as if Blood Frenzy was never nerfed.

Assume you are using Naxxramas 25 Spider Wing Boss 3 Loot 1 2H DPS Mace with its 586-880 damage, assuming 733 median damage. Deep Wounds should tick for about 58 damage per second, adding Trauma to this increases those ticks to about 76 per second. Assuming you can keep the debuffs up constantly, this means Deep Wounds will deal about 17.5k on a 5 minute boss fight, while Deep Wounds and Trauma will deal nearly 23k. This does not take into account the increased damage (and threat for bear tanks) on druid Mangle.

Its up to you if you think the extra debuff is worth it for two talent points, but I would surmise that it is a worthwhile investment.

Rend is simply too pathetic as it stands to sit in battle stance to lose 3% crit for the for overpower procs.
    Battle stance will be the easiest way to maintain debuffs but the damage will be so pathetic there is no reason to take you to a raid, as the damage lacking currently to arms won't be made up by the raid buffs less the entire raid is composed primarily of rogues and druids.
    Arms needs something more to make the battles stance sparkle, zerker rage is a enraged assault that doesn't lose your wrecking crew every 30 secs which near makes up for the overpower procs from taste of blood for wrecking crew as well as feeds you rage when taking damage.

There is a lot of fail in this thread.

It looks as if Arms will put out a lot of dmg in Wrath. It will be quite streaky though with a lot of high burst.

Taste for blood is currently bugged in beta and doesn't work. So it is unclear if it works the same as Nightfall. Where it can proc on DoT's on 2+ targets. if so Taste for Blood will be proccing Overpower like crazy. Rend is being buffed in wrath, not to mention trauma, so rend isnt useless anymore. So the way it looks tree, Overpower can proc on 30% of rends if you take taste for blood. So that is 1/3 rends so one overpower every 3 secs. And that is if it only proc off your current target.

Overpower is nothing to be sneezed at because if you are hit capped, it will always land, and with Improved Overpower should crit about 90% of the time. With Unrelenting Assault, you will always have Overpower ready for the proc. So it seems every swing you will be doing at least 1 overpower, maybe more if you are lucky.

The current Arms PvE rotation is this. |Auto attack|--Slam--MS--|Auto attack|--Slam--WW--|Auto Attack| etc.

This rotation is very rage and Cooldown intensive.

Overpower and slam are very cheap attack as far as rage is concerned, Throw in Enraged Assault which consumes an enrage buff but is still cheap at 15 rage, and can refresh MS if you take Imp MS(which is a waste IMO as OP is better cause it is way cheaper and has a way higher crit chance) it seems Arms warriors will be more concerned with GCD's than rage.

This is what the wrath Arms warriors hit rotation will probably look like with a 3.5 speed weapon.

|Auto attack|--Slam--Rend--MS--|Auto attack|--Slam--OP--ES--|Auto attack|--Slam--OP--MS--|Auto attack|--Slam--OP--TC|Auto attack|--Slam--ES--OP--|Auto attack|--Slam--Rend--MS--|Auto attack|

This rotation will net WAY more dmg than the former rotation. In between swings after the slam if Overpower procs, id Use that 1st in the rotation, cause it is cheaper in rage and there is a chance you will get it again before the swing is over.

It seems that in the rotation this is the order of importance to use your abilities:
    Slam(because there is only one window of opportunity to use it, after the swing)>OP(low rage and high chance to crit)>ES(Cheap ability)>MS(Highest Dmg ability we have, but expensive)>TC(not sure about how much more dmg it does now, but nice to have when nothing else is ready)

Overall, I think the amount of DPS you'll net with the wrath Arms spec will far outweigh the loss of 3% crit and WW.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...strasz&n=Ulhax

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    You don't fuck with Medivh.
    Garona did.

this is a pure pve dps build i made for arms tree.
    and i really think that it will be able to push almost the same amount of dps as a fury pve spec, because arms tree has lots of abilities and skills to use, while fury builds have only BT and WW, and a slam now and then.

i didnt use trauma cos i assumed there will be somewhere a feral druid and it will not stack with mangle.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by ichigoh
    With this new wrecking crew move is Death Wish even needed as arms?

Just a quick pve ms build i made any thoughts?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

errr...just a quick question, why wouldnt u take Bladestorm? Its the 51 point talent for arms and u went 5/5 Commanding Presence?

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    You sure about that coz wrecking crew is a self buff.
    If you mean rampage I see nothing to say it doesn't stack.
    link a source or it didnt happen
    My bad, got them confused -.-