Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    That is true only if you consider yourself a tank for farmable bosses, in progress runs those talents are there to save the day also they work at a bad day as well. We can't always blame healers.

    true enough

  2. #22

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    That's just more reason not to get Seals of the Pure lol
    Not sure what you're referring to, but Seals of The Pure affects Vengence/Corruption and with Hammer of the Righteous proccing Vengence/Corruption on 3 targets, it's well worth it. (Not even taking into account the great single target threat on Righteousness)

    Vorpal, I don't think paladins will have a problem with threat. But the dps ceiling is determined by the threat a tank puts out. The faster you build threat, the more you let the dps go "all out". Trust me, the fury warrior will appreciate being able to hit whirlwind every time it's up.

    Lastly, Ardent Defender is a mixed bag. There have been times when it's saved me and about an equal number of times I died anyway. But with the way we'll be stacking stamina in WoTLK, I expect it to shine more than it does now.

  3. #23

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Not sure what you're referring to, but Seals of The Pure affects Vengence/Corruption and with Hammer of the Righteous proccing Vengence/Corruption on 3 targets, it's well worth it. (Not even taking into account the great single target threat on Righteousness)

    Vorpal, I don't think paladins will have a problem with threat. But the dps ceiling is determined by the threat a tank puts out. The faster you build threat, the more you let the dps go "all out". Trust me, the fury warrior will appreciate being able to hit whirlwind every time it's up.

    Lastly, Ardent Defender is a mixed bag. There have been times when it's saved me and about an equal number of times I died anyway. But with the way we'll be stacking stamina in WoTLK, I expect it to shine more than it does now.
    What I was refering to is that in an earlier post, Vorpal made a spec with Seals of the Pure, and not one handed specialization. Then he later went on to to that Paladins wont have threat problems. Hence me saying thats more reasons not to get Seals of the Pure. Hope this clears things up ;D

  4. #24

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    But with the way we'll be stacking stamina in WoTLK, I expect it to shine more than it does now.
    i would hope you stack stamina now if you are a tank

  5. #25

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Yeah the main idea was whether you pick Seals of the Pure or onr-handed specialazation, well that was my question and after thinking and after reading Moar's and other feedback i guess i'll go for one-handed spec. About threat yes we can generate a lot of it but not on all cases, in heroic MgT on Kael'thas it's really hard for me to maintain enough threat.

    Anyway i haven't been on beta so i guess things are better now.

    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

  6. #26

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Yeah the main idea was whether you pick Seals of the Pure or onr-handed specialazation, well that was my question and after thinking and after reading Moar's and other feedback i guess i'll go for one-handed spec. About threat yes we can generate a lot of it but not on all cases, in heroic MgT on Kael'thas it's really hard for me to maintain enough threat.

    Anyway i haven't been on beta so i guess things are better now.
    Another reason I wouldnt get Seals of the Pure is because it doesnt encompass Seal of Light. I really expect to mainly be using this seal, only alternating with Corruption to keep a full stack of dots going. The mundo mitigation provided may be too tempting for me. lol

  7. #27

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Tanking with Seal of Light? You need to either stick with Corruption(Vengence) all of the time or swap with Righteousness while keeping a 5-stack of Corruption up (depending on mana).

    1) You force your dps to hold back when you don't pour out as much threat as you can cram into your rotation.
    2) Healing yourself just leaves your healer(s) with nothing to do, while costing you mana returns from Spiritual Attunement.

    Unless you're talking about solo grinding, in which case I withdraw my objection.

  8. #28

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Tanking with Seal of Light? You need to either stick with Corruption(Vengence) all of the time or swap with Righteousness while keeping a 5-stack of Corruption up (depending on mana).

    1) You force your dps to hold back when you don't pour out as much threat as you can cram into your rotation.
    2) Healing yourself just leaves your healer(s) with nothing to do, while costing you mana returns from Spiritual Attunement.

    Unless you're talking about solo grinding, in which case I withdraw my objection.
    100% True. Anyway don't expect that much health return ;D
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

  9. #29

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Tanking with Seal of Light? You need to either stick with Corruption(Vengence) all of the time or swap with Righteousness while keeping a 5-stack of Corruption up (depending on mana).

    1) You force your dps to hold back when you don't pour out as much threat as you can cram into your rotation.
    2) Healing yourself just leaves your healer(s) with nothing to do, while costing you mana returns from Spiritual Attunement.

    Unless you're talking about solo grinding, in which case I withdraw my objection.
    The healing from Seal of Light is considered mitigation in the Paladin Tanking community. Also, Seal of Light now deals damage when judged, so it's not a massive tps loss since we have many new threat mechanics. If you need more threat, you can always just switch too Righteousness while still resealing to Corruption/Vengeance. My point was that you may not need the slightly more amount of threat from damage seals, and can take a mitigation seal instead.

  10. #30

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    100% True. Anyway don't expect that much health return ;D
    Dont consider it a heal, it is simply mitigation. Also, 18% attack power and 18% spell power is nothing to scoff at for health return.

    Vengeance does a maximum of 50% more judged damage, and then you have to restack. Sure, there may be times when you need that extra tps boost, but for the most part, Paladins have threat coming out the ass. Even with Judgements broken.

  11. #31

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    Well what can i say we are awsome! :P
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

  12. #32

    Re: Hammer of the Righteous, conserns math included.

    I just wish I could get some numbers for AP and SP for Prot Pallys so I can figure out the approximate mitigation. It annoys me even more that I was strolling youtube today and some 11-12 year old kid was going on about his beta key. How the hell is he gonna end up contributing? >.<

    /rant about 12 year olds in WoW.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •