Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Change heal spell school to frost please...

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    Not sure if I am misunderstanding you here
    No no, you were understanding me. I had miss read the sentence I was quoting as; the word "wave" itself isn't connected to water, at all.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

So how come that even if a couple of Shaman talents like Tidal Focus and Tidal Mastery that boosts their healing effectiveness (as in, you know, tidal waves, I guess?), their healing spells are still Nature-based?

They should indeed be changed to Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero
    So how come that even if a couple of Shaman talents like Tidal Focus and Tidal Mastery that boosts their healing effectiveness (as in, you know, tidal waves, I guess?), their healing spells are still Nature-based?

They should indeed be changed to Frost.
    They should indeed not. We are part of the nature, from the very first quest we get, we get into the nature. I cannot see WHY our healing should be frost. Water maybe (I know frost is.. frozen water, but please...), but come on. The only reason someone is bitching about this, is because he gets locked down.

I am sorry if that seemed aggressive, but I have not seen a valid point yet as to why it should not be nature. And don't say "water!!11oneone healing!!11oneone". I heard it already, and I don't think it's a valid point when you want to move it to "Frost" school.

Besides, my healing wave is yellow. End of discussion

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Q-001: What are the ancient "elements of nature" ?

* Earth, Water, Air and Fire are the generally known and often quoted ancient elements of nature.

Now that is the end of the discussion.

Edit before idiots:
    Yes, if Blizzard wanted, they could make ALL your spells fall under Nature. Now stfu and deal with it.

Not everything can be like the lore

While it would be nice if the game followed the lore more, it would just cause problems. Like no female Druids, or male NE warriors. Lots of other little stuff like that. As for the wave, well it could be a nice warm, pleasant wave of air.

The only reason he is recommending frost is because blizz would probably be too lazy to implement a water school (which frost mage's pets would fall under as well) Honestly besides giving them more utility in pvp, it would also give them a nice way to nerf ele pvp burst (nature's swiftness would probably change to something like tidal swiftness so CL or LB couldn't go instant) either way it really isn't that big of a deal. just a guy trying to give his opinion.

Many a thanks to Tremelizzer for the signature ;D

yes please, then nature's swiftness obviously cant work with shaman's heals :P
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I Like your perspective...Good idea imo.

I like the idea.

Yes, I have a shaman, but I don't care about PvP - my shammy has a grand total of 1 HK so far. I see the logic behind it. Seriously, a majority of mail items with healing invoke water in their name in some form. And as far as I recall, Chain Heal even has a sound effect like rainfall. Dunno about HW, I only use sound when raiding.

I think this is a stupid thing to diskuss, Shamans use the 4 elements of Nature to do there spells, and putting in the healing spells in the "frostspelltree" seams stupid, if there was a water, then maybe, but putting it in frost is just a way to avoid the spelllock imo.

I enjoy playing shamans as it is, I can see that it seams a bit onlogic that lightning and healing is in the same school of magic, but shamans comes from the nature and uses the nature to power there magic.

As much as I dislike the argumentitive, defensive tone of the OP in his later posts, I like the idea in general - it has both practical and lore-esque reasoning, would give shaman's healing a bit of a different feel than a lesser-Druid that it currently feels like. Water school, though, not Frost. While they're the same element in essence, I don't think chucking frost at someone would heal them much

Just as some examples, looking at the talent trees and various healing shaman items, they constantly reference water, rain, waves, shores, in the names - and the water totems are on the whole restorative/cleansing/healing - it makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Myllow
    Read the topic before posting please. Like several posts said: nature = water, fire, air and earth. THUS Nature's Swiftness should work with any spell.

Though Earth Shield refers to Earth ofcourse, would mix all up :-\
    Not if healing spells got moved to Water.
    Then NS would only work on spells marked as "nature". Like lightning bolt.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

I laughed at the comparison with Paladins. Tell me, how many DPS casts does a Paladin have? Avenger Shield is the only one I can think of, and let's not forget Paladins actually have a spell to make themselves immune to interrupt mechanics as well as one that reduces spell lockdown time. (That's bubble & conc aura for the less informed btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Istva
    I think this is a stupid thing to diskuss, Shamans use the 4 elements of Nature to do there spells, and putting in the healing spells in the "frostspelltree" seams stupid, if there was a water, then maybe, but putting it in frost is just a way to avoid the spelllock imo.

I enjoy playing shamans as it is, I can see that it seams a bit onlogic that lightning and healing is in the same school of magic, but shamans comes from the nature and uses the nature to power there magic.
    ofc it is just because when resto gets locked, he cant do anything besides autoattack and totems, almost same goes for ele, but lavaburst isnt spammable

tho 4 resto talents are named "Tidal whatever" which are affecting healing spells and 3 talents named "nature whatever", from which none directly affects healing spells, so technically, i agree, water(frost?) school for heals shouldnt be that illogical. however, its our weakness and with changes to totems... lets say i dont think thats gonna be that big issue after LK

Hilarious discussion, thank you ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    They should indeed not. We are part of the nature, from the very first quest we get, we get into the nature. I cannot see WHY our healing should be frost. Water maybe (I know frost is.. frozen water, but please...), but come on. The only reason someone is bitching about this, is because he gets locked down.
    In WoW, the 'frost' school isn't limited to just frozen water, just like how the 'fire' school is limited to only things that light you on fire. Anything that's hot tends to qualify as fire school, and anything that's cold or watery tends to qualify as frost school. Examples would be water elemental mobs, Water Bolt, and Watery Grave. No ice anywhere near, but still frost. Thus it doesn't have to be cold to be 'frost school', it merely has to be water-related.

As for the argument that the healing 'wave' isn't water related, well, that's just nonsense. It's a water spell, and you know it. Just look at the other water-related resto abilities and talents:
    Healing Stream Totem
    Mana Spring Totem
    Tidal Focus
    Tidal Force
    Mana Tide Totem
    Tidal Waves
    Water Shield

Not to mention resto loot like the Garment of Serene Shores, Helm of Soothing Currents, Fathom-Helm of the Deeps, Polished Waterscale Gloves, Stillwater Boots, The Wavemender's Mantle, Wave of Life Chestguard, Harness of the Deep Currents, Gauntlets of the Tranquil Waves, Headdress of the Tides, Mantle of the Sea Wolf, Oceansong Kilt, Primal Surge Bracers, Stillwater Girdle, and Wavefury Boots.

I somehow doubt that all of these water references are a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    The ancient greek philosophers did not practice Azerothian shamanism, thus your whole argument is irrelevant. There's a huge difference between what is genereally considered 'natural' and what qualifies as 'nature school' in Warcraft. A goblin lightning gun would cause nature damage, but a naturally occuring hail storm would not.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

this is probably the stupidest post i have ever read in my history of playing wow

1st of all - We're shamans, Nature = the 4 elements = fire frost air and earth...

Stop QQing about getting locked down, Shamans are some of the best hybrids out there, mostly because of the buffs

change to water imo

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat
    In WoW, the 'frost' school isn't limited to just frozen water, just like how the 'fire' school is limited to only things that light you on fire. Anything that's hot tends to qualify as fire school, and anything that's cold or watery tends to qualify as frost school. Examples would be water elemental mobs, Water Bolt, and Watery Grave. No ice anywhere near, but still frost. Thus it doesn't have to be cold to be 'frost school', it merely has to be water-related.

As for the argument that the healing 'wave' isn't water related, well, that's just nonsense. It's a water spell, and you know it. Just look at the other water-related resto abilities and talents:
    Healing Stream Totem
    Mana Spring Totem
    Tidal Focus
    Tidal Force
    Mana Tide Totem
    Tidal Waves
    Water Shield

Not to mention resto loot like the Garment of Serene Shores, Helm of Soothing Currents, Fathom-Helm of the Deeps, Polished Waterscale Gloves, Stillwater Boots, The Wavemender's Mantle, Wave of Life Chestguard, Harness of the Deep Currents, Gauntlets of the Tranquil Waves, Headdress of the Tides, Mantle of the Sea Wolf, Oceansong Kilt, Primal Surge Bracers, Stillwater Girdle, and Wavefury Boots.

I somehow doubt that all of these water references are a coincidence.

The ancient greek philosophers did not practice Azerothian shamanism, thus your whole argument is irrelevant. There's a huge difference between what is genereally considered 'natural' and what qualifies as 'nature school' in Warcraft. A goblin lightning gun would cause nature damage, but a naturally occuring hail storm would not.
    Thank you. As I was reading through the thread, I wanted to just skip them all and post this for the people who were arguing about "waves."

To the OP: it's been brought up before, several times. No blue responses. Of course, none of them have been in the beta forums as of yet. I would say it's safe to assume that our spells will remain nature regardless of a post or not. Either way I really wouldn't mind.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp

* Earth, Water, Air and Fire are the generally known and often quoted ancient elements of nature.

Now that is the end of the discussion.

Edit before idiots:
    Yes, if Blizzard wanted, they could make ALL your spells fall under Nature. Now stfu and deal with it.
    Yet when you get locked out of Nature spells, you can still use flame shock.

Anyways, change Frost to Water, Nature to Grass and turn it into Pokemon.

Mages control Arcane, Fire, and Ice. Ice = Water...so why not make it easy and just screw with mages =p.

Healing I prefer since Healing Stream totem is a water totem, yet Healing and Stream have nothing to do with water independently or together, should be water/frost based on your perspective.

Sucks...Paladin's you just stuck to one school of magic Holy!

Diversify your bonds...
    Yea diversify...
    (Dave Chapelle skit)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.