Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    Lol, It will be even better when they discover WAR is noting more then a Jazzed up EQ clone.
    and wow is a basic EQ clone lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Bayfin
    and wow is a basic EQ clone lawl
    and WAR is breaking that Mold by?

well i leaving for sure , i hate just being idle doing nothing in org thats what this game is forever will be , from patch to patch all you do is endgame fast then wait sitting in If or org warhammer takes all that away with pq's and the lot of rvr
    While your experience involves nothing but standing idle in a capitol city, my experience is much more diverse. I find myself doing battlegrounds, running dungeons, fighting in arena, hunting my sworn enemies(griefers:P), doing quests, gathering reputation, doing holiday-specific tasks, playing on alts, etc. I also enjoy goofing around with my girlfriend wherever we may go, putting on some rp equipment and having fun:P

You see, when I'm done with arena/battlegrounds for the week I do other stuff. Thats what I did when I raided as well. I have rarely been idle because I always find something to do. Why you can't find anything else to do I don't know. I'm not trying to be rude by saying you play the game wrong or anything, I just wanted to point out that some do find other stuff to do

And on the subject of Warhammer, I will try it out. I don't know if I'll stick with it though, since I don't like the idea of RvR. I feel WoW is restricted because of the two factions and making it so that they are not even in the same world seems like an immersion breaker to me. FFA is what I enjoy the most since it gives me the feeling of realistic warfare and a living world. But people prefer different things.

Unless they fix all the character animations I doubt I'll be enjoying warhammer online very much, I know its only beta, but heck the running and turning animation looks like CRAP from what I've seen from the beta videos.
    And I bet you'll get bored eventually just attack or defending your land, WAR seems like a big scale old school AV. I haven't heard anything about what happends when the capital city boss dies, respawn and do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalKarp
    Awesome, I choose the perfect time to level up my hunter I see!
    Hitting 70 on my hunt in 2 days I think.

Sigh you cannot compare wow vs war because they are both so different games
    yes they look similar & thats it
    & dont forget once upon a time everquest wore the crown for undisputed mmorpg champ now where is it?
    i say good on mythic for doing warhammer it has rich lore-inovated game ideas & it brings full scale pvp too
    remember guys n gals competition is good it keeps blizz on their toes which is good for us ie the customers
    so dont judge aor till its out-then try it & say its great omfg or wtf i hate it.
    i bet content patch sept & remember blizz said the 5th of when its ready so i put money on oct
    just my thoughts

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Additionally, the sets released for the Arenas in Wrath of the Lich King will no longer share aesthetic similarities with tiered raiding gear. We want those equipped with the best PvP rewards and those with the best raiding sets to stand out from each other.
    I LIKE THAT!

[quote]
    [blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/16/9236465192-content-patch-before-wrath-of-the-lich-king.html]we will be issuing a new content patch in the coming weeks.[/blizzquote][/quote"]

WHAT? They haven't done anything at all for Rogues, shamans and many other classes and they're already talking about releasing some content in a few weeks? Blizzard better work extremely fast or maybe they'll just implant NYI skills.

i doubt the patch will come out anytime soon...everyone is saying "oh its alrdy in the beta", well not all of it..and none of it is tested for balance and dps/tps/hps output...

blizz needs them(the skills/talents/classes) to be tested and then balanced at level 80... so until that happens in the beta i doubt the patch will be out until then^^

(i can't wait for beta premades^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedan
    I never liked the words "in the coming weeks"..

It often makes it seem like it will be sooner than it is.
    Either way, thumbs up from me!
    Well, I think they intended it to say "sooner than you thought." Otherwise, they would have used the phrase "in the coming months."

Methinks they actually do want to counter Warhammer. I thought they were going to be content to ignore it as they did with AoC.

Shjt warhammer preview weekend rockz, warhammer 4tw ... Wait Blizzard HQ... We need to release some game patch soon maybe on sept.18 when warhammer drops yea that keep maybe a few % from leaving us LAWL....

well i leaving for sure , i hate just being idle doing nothing in org thats what this game is forever will be , from patch to patch all you do is endgame fast then wait sitting in If or org warhammer takes all that away with pq's and the lot of rvr

mmo-champion-warhammer coming soon i hope :"D <3 ;D
    I hope to God everyone with your level of typing skills leaves for Warhammer and never comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    i doubt the patch will come out anytime soon...everyone is saying "oh its alrdy in the beta", well not all of it..and none of it is tested for balance and dps/tps/hps output...

blizz needs them(the skills/talents/classes) to be tested and then balanced at level 80... so until that happens in the beta i doubt the patch will be out until then^^

(i can't wait for beta premades^^)
    Why, exactly, would any of it need to be tested and balanced for level 80 when the patch we're talking about would still have a level 70 cap? They can release that patch and keep the Wrath Beta active for testing level 80, you know...

Well the new talents/skills aren't balanced yet. Blizz says that they don't balance until all the talents/skills are working as intended and when they have been tested to see how well they fare...

Skills scale, and if the top end isn't set, whats to say the bottomend is?

the talents are balanced to a point remember lvl cap is still 70. they balanced the talents to lvl 77. now they will be balancing the talents from lvl 78-80. sure you'll see players with new talents but i bet they will respec back to the lvl 70 raiding spec instead of the new ones. i wouldn't give up my bleeds just for TG, that would kill me in raids now just for fun like solo then i'll go full fury down to TG just cause it would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    People said the same about Conan...it was full for bugs and unbalanced classes, at least it had graphics going for it and a totally different system of healing, warhammer has nothing new.
    You gotta have a hell of a computer to play Age of Conan, the reason why people are not sticking to it. I played WAR this week end and i gotta say, this game is REAL COMPETITION to wow... and don't get me wrong, i'm a wow lover all the way. But i was really impressed with WAR and how smooth the game was. Goblin shaman FTW!

they didn't balance them to 77...

they said they were waiting for level 80 to even BEGIN balancing...
    thats why some classes were doing insane amounts of dps(ret) and some weren't doing as much.

Quote Originally Posted by cilir
    Sure you'll see players with new talents but i bet they will respec back to the lvl 70 raiding spec instead of the new ones.
    May i just say that this comment is not true for all classes , I can only speak for warlocks but it is not possible to spec DS/destro (shadow) with the new talent trees with only 71 points, infact it is not really possible to spec DS/destro (shadow) atall.

So it's going to be a weakend version of Imp Destro (fire) or a hybrid close to the old SM/Ruin builds from what i can work out anyway.

Any ideas for level 70 specs with Wotlk talents ? Lets see what ur gonna try

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

And thus TBC raiding will end as we know it.

Just like the TBC patch during Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    And thus TBC raiding will end as we know it.

Just like the TBC patch during Classic WoW.

well few weeks raiding on wotlk talents may be funny^^

Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

tbc raiding wouldn't matter because in a few weaks after this patch wotlk will be out and most of your gear will be replaced in due time...

but about the ds/snf build not working with wotlk talents...i just used the wotlk talent calculator and ds/snf still works...so i don't know what u meant