Need help with new druid!!!

I have always played a ranged dps Hunter/Mage...

I have started playing a Bear and I recently tried running Gnome as a Tank... now I did fairly well as far as keeping mobs off of my healer but had a hard time keeping agro from my DPS...looking for help?

currently level 26

Re: Need help with new druid!!!

I'm not real clear on what you're asking with the whole gnome thing thrown in there, but as far as tanking with a bear goes- we are terrific tanks, but honestly, it's tough keeping aggro off a pure dps class at that level. We don't truly begin to shine until we get Mangle. All I can say is, just hit as hard as you can with maul and keep your growl ready for when aggro inevitably gets pulled.

It's important for the dps classes to be able to stay near the threat threshold without pulling it off you as well- their job isn't "just" to OMGWTFPWN, ya know? Make sure they're only attacking the primary target, and if you're having problems with threat generation, they may need to back off a bit.

It's tough at level 26, no doubt about that though.

I just got lacerate and that seemed to helped...i was just getting frustrated with losing agro and was looking for some tricks...

My friend advised me not to worry so much at my current level for the reasons you just have said...any and all advice is welcomed...feel like a noob but a whole different play style...any macros that i should put together or should i wait until i hit my upper levels...

let me correct myself lacerate was the wrong term here... was talking to someone about my skills when writing this and put in by mistake ***slaps self noob druid***

Did you get lacerate at 26? o.0 I think I missed something

Losing aggro to the dps is normal in low to mid level instances.
    As long as you can keep aggro on bosses and use swipe enough to keep the mobs from the healer, you are fine.

You might want to mark a primary target for the dps with a skull, but don't be disappointed if they attack other targets instead. Especially melees can easily off-tank their mob, so that's usually no problem.

Tanking low to mid level instances with my druid, I have always been running around a great deal, growling various mobs back. Just take it as normal to do so and don't let it stress you.
    Watching threat meters, letting the tank gain some initial threat and strictly following a certain kill order is not appreciated much in lower level instances. People usually like to zerg through those instances. And right they are, since that is more fun I think. Even people with raiding 70s (who should have a clear understanding of group PvE) enjoy the 'dirty' rushing through the instance compared to the usual raid discipline.

It is not until Scholomance, Stratholme and the BC instances (and maybe already BRD) that 'orderly' playing becomes important.

when i was leveling my druid I also had a hard time tannking
    but when you got mangle and lascarate and then we are the best tanks ingame

Bear tanking isn't easy. Our toolset at high levels is great, but at lower levels it's a challenge. Some general things you should look into (you didn't say the level of your dps experience so I assume nothing):

<b>Raid Marking Targets:</b> When you are leading a group, you can target mobs and right click on their unit frame to get options to put a mark over their head.

<b>Use CC:</b> Even with the low duration of CC at lower levels, it can be really useful. Use markings and make it clear who is responsible for what.

<b>Generate Early Aggro:</b> The "natural" way to pull as a bear is to throw a feral faerie fire. Don't. Instead, throw a wrath, starfire, or (even better) try to get a tick or two of hurricane on your foes. This will give you an initial aggro lead that being "purely bear" would not. Plus, when you shift while they're rushing in, your 5/5 Furor with give you some initial rage (well, it will once you have the talent points to spec for it).

In the end, if you can keep your healer alive, you're doing your job. DPS is responsible for themselves.

I've actually heard bear tank is incredibly easy. A good friend of mine said on one morogrim tidewalker fight he didn't even have to look at his screen till 20%.
    This user has been banned.

My DPS experience is full badge gear...my Mage if level 60 frost...

Currently farm KARA, GRUULS, 3 bosses SSC, 3 bosses ZA, limited BT and SSO dont get to raid much but run many heroics...

current gear level is 127

i will suggest you go wrath moonfire pull early on then shift into faerie fire feral for more aggro....

of course, putting a rejuv on yourself and thorn yourself before each pull helps
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

It may not be a problem on your part, but could be a problem on the DPS.
    For example, did your moonkin in the group just spam 5 moonfires before you even pulled? Did that hunter just pop BW + Rapid Fire + Distracting shot?

Either way, don't do Gnomer. Gnomer is cursed, all threat is negated.
    It's a cursed place.

Oh! I just realized he was referring to the instance that he tanked, lol... /slaps face

I hate that place =P

it isnt that bad once you know the short cuts

of course 10g per run isnt bad either.....
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Druids are horrible, horrible tanks at low levels. Spam Maul and auto attack, swipe if you need to dump some rage.

It gets so much better at 50 with Mangle, and gets even better when you get Lacerate at 66ish. Don't even worry about tanking till then.
    (19:15:45) (Bibi) telling me that it makes you harder isn't the best way to make me stop you know

Boubouille is a whore!

I just adjusted one of my early posts ...sorry...

Thanks for all the information...I am finding i hold agro better as a kitty and switch to bear when i need the extra stamina and armour