Ret Paladin finding a group in WOTLK/ How good is repentance?

I'm basically wondering how accepted are ret pallys going to be in wrath 5mans and heroics. With the buffs to repentance it should be much more desirable than now. What have beta testers encountered in terms of attitudes? How does the new repentance hold up as a viable CC? It should put us on par with rogues in terms of desirability for CC purposes.

Re: Ret Paladin finding a group in WOTLK/ How good is repentance?

Before this build - which is broken - any Ret was welcome in just about any group that I have seen. Ret DPS is just out of control and can be anywhere from 25 to 50% of the total damage done on a run. So there are no issues even without CC. We need to see where they tune our damage to be and then will have a better look at things.

Repentance works fine, and is a great CC for PVE, but it is not why people want Ret in Beta right now.

respec holy and you will be accepted

I've been holy for most of BC. I'd like to give ret an honest try, but it will be really difficult if I can't get groups :P

Quote Originally Posted by caow
    Would if the level cap was still at 77, but as it is not I am aoe grinding to 80 as Prot/ret right now. =D

Ret paladins are just as viable in 5 mans as any other DPS/CC. Repentance just requires a little bit of "don't be stupid" from the group. A lot of the dungeons don't even need CC. Nexus has a few silly magic-user packs. Other than that I never use CC.

Good to hear. I've been debating b/w my Pally and my fury warrior. Looks like my pally will have an easier time.

For a pug a tank or healer spec of any class will be the most accepted, simply because their are fewer of them willing to go on pugs. DPS of any class and spec is mostly a dime a dozen since their are a lot of folks playing dps and cc isn't always required with a good tank and healer.

However for true acceptance in any group is knowing up to four other people and forming your own group together.

Quote Originally Posted by caow

you mean Prot, right, cause thats the way to go