Divine Guardian pvp, pve or both?

Hi guys, i wanted to ask if the damage that our new prot talent , Divine Guardian, is redirecting at the paladin is absorbed by Divine Shield or not cause if it does then the talent would rock for pvp as well.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Re: Divine Guardian pvp, pve or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
        Hi guys, i wanted to ask if the damage that our new prot talent , Divine Guardian, is redirecting at the paladin is absorbed by Divine Shield or not cause if it does then the talent would rock for pvp as well.
    It does, I believe.

Edit: Just wanted to say I'm really glad Divine Protection was removed from this talent so we can use it as an uber Shield Wall.

Yeah that and the new Lay on hands... Ready? set! Let's main tank!

Personally, I wish we could use it in arena. Warriors now have Retaliation and Recklessness on a 5 minute cooldown, and those spells plus Lay on Hands were generally considered a no no for arena in the past. I'd just like it personally.

I think that their 5 min now abilities got nerfed because of the redused CD

Not all that useful for an out-last type 2v2 match but coupled with BoP it makes paladins pretty good to counter burst teams - especially when you consider that even a ret paladin could spec far enough down to get it. Heck a 5s team with a disc priest, ret paladin and holy paladin would be obnoxiously difficult to kill if both paladins had this.

It doesn't have a target limit so it could be just as overpowered in a raid. Holy and ret paladins could use it to seriously cut down on raid AE damage or even try to save a tank.

For actual prot paladins though, it's pretty useless. Tanks still can't use divine shield while tanking so it just encourages another class to tank while the paladin watches healthbars. Not to mention there's so many other things to get, I'd probably let holy paladins play with this before taking it in a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Personally, I wish we could use it in arena. Warriors now have Retaliation and Recklessness on a 5 minute cooldown, and those spells plus Lay on Hands were generally considered a no no for arena in the past. I'd just like it personally.
    warriors needed some CD's in arena, and no, Lay on Hands in arena would just be fucking stupid

They have fear,Deathwish and Berseker Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugjoo
    warriors needed some CD's in arena, and no, Lay on Hands in arena would just be fucking stupid
    We can already now instantly heal ourselves quite a bit. Whats one more instant healing? /shrug.

Also, as said above, Warriors probably have like the 2nd - 3rd place for most on demand abilities and cooldowns.

Finally, Retaliation > Instant heal in my books. If you think diferently say why, not just that it's "fucking stupid."

We can already now instantly heal ourselves quite a bit. Whats one more instant healing? /shrug.
    Lay on Hands is not just "another instant Heal".

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Lay on Hands is not just "another instant Heal".
    I know, mana too and all. My point was more that I'd be more stunned to see Retaliation in arenas than Lay on Hands, it's a bigger game breaker.

I know, mana too and all. My point was more that I'd be more stunned to see Retaliation in arenas than Lay on Hands, it's a bigger game breaker.
    Atleast Retaliation can be partially avoided with a well timed stun or with kiting the Warrior around. Lay on Hands on the other hand cannot be prevented.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Atleast Retaliation can be partially avoided with a well timed stun or with kiting the Warrior around. Lay on Hands on the other hand cannot be prevented.
    Haha, this sounds so familiar to pre BC complaints about bubble. ;D

Anyway, you could also always go for a Recklessness bomb where applicable. Also, while MS doesn't expressly prevent, it does reduce.

If LoH would have its CD reduced even more so that it would be usable in arena, its mana restore effect would probably have to be removed, and it would have to have a mana cost. This would devalue the spell significantly for prot paladins.