Re: what's the best pvp build?

oh.. btw i like to play as 2 dps in arena 2v2.. i don't like playing with healer... it takes too long.. =(

i am probably in the minority here, but i REALLY dont trust shadow dance. judging from the wording it just appears to be normal stealth coming up regardless of combat or cooldown. which means there's a VERY good chance pets may see right through it. and players as well. once they know where you are if they have an AoE or something similar they can just keep spamming it to just keep knocking you right back out. every time i look at shadow dance i see something that looks great on papar, but unless its buffed to have some extra stealth levels, its just going to be a weaker, even more broken vanish
    all hail king frost strike

Either ShS+Cold Blood or Mutilate. Shadow Dance looks terrible.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecoeMsiRoVrszhdVbbV

You can move some points around, like out of Quick Recovery, if you don't play with a healer. Hunger For Blood is too good to miss. Removing snares, DoTs and bleeds on demand?

I wanted to go 30/0/41 first, but I decided to try out 25/3/43 first.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=f0e...ZxMjoGGRoxoxzb

It's not supposed to be a competitive arena specc, it's more a BG killing machine with a healer in the back specc. I don't play arena anyway and do mostly BGs in pve gear.

I also have to agree with shadow dance, just spam ae and a 51 pt. talent is wasted
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    You can move some points around, like out of Quick Recovery, if you don't play with a healer. Hunger For Blood is too good to miss. Removing snares, DoTs and bleeds on demand?
    It doesn't remove snares unless it's been changed in the last couple days. Even still it seems very over powered in theory. Even if you're not afflicted by DoTs or bleed effects you can still stack %15 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Poff
    It doesn't remove snares unless it's been changed in the last couple days. Even still it seems very over powered in theory. Even if you're not afflicted by DoTs or bleed effects you can still stack %15 damage.
    i think he probably meant magical snares, curse of exhaustion, slow, maybe even another rogues crippling poison. pretty much every snare besides chains of ice, hamstring, wing clip and conc shot will come off.

you know, as much as i hate the idea of shadow dance i really like HFB. it makes an assas. rogue a little less concerned with stealth and a little more concerned with being a whirling dervish of poison and pain to his enemies. that said, i still think its going to come out second best against subtlety. i think rogues can live without shadow step in arena. i DON'T think they can do without hemo and preparation. and if they get prep, you cant get HFB. without HFB, at best a mutilate spec draws even with shadow step. and since i see a nerf to infectious poisons in the future, i don't think it will even stay even for to long. if i am wrong about infectious poisons, and who knows, i might be, then mut or shadowstep may become equally competitive, but i just dont think i am
    all hail king frost strike

I would miss Preparation a lot. But I think most of the time, HFB will actually grant more mobility than ShS, seeing as it's not on a cooldown. I wouldn't miss Hemo at all, because really, Mutilate puts out more damage than ShS/Hemo does. I would miss Prep though. Playing as Mutilate is really best with a healer behind you. The double cooldowns grant you more survivability that isn't as much of a concern if you have a dedicated healer.

I doubt HFB will remove curses; they are separate from magic. HFB will remove bleeds from Rogues, Ferals and Warriors. It will remove DoTs from SPriests, Locks, Restokins, etc... It will remove some snares, such as Frost Nova, Entangling Roots, the chilling effect of Ice Armor; though not Curse of Exhaustion. Having to randomly eat off 5 stacks of Winter's Chill first is going to suck though. Improved Sprint, should you go 20 points into Combat, however, will remove CoEx, Hamstring, Infected Wounds, etc...

Of course, in addition to all that, there are those awesome new poison talents in Assassination. You'll be Shiving on Wound Poison AND Crippling Poison, and you'll have Mind-Numbing and MORE Wound Poison on your mainhand. Sheer awesomeness. And when that healer tries to dispel it or heal them, the healer will get the poisons! XD Also, Vile Poisons has been reduced to 3/3 instead of 5/5.