Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[WotLK] PvP spec for rogues

I don't know if there is already a thread for this, but tell me what you think of this spec and what you guys would do differently. Considering the talents in the Assassination tree, its kind of obvious its favoring the pvp side rather than pve, for example it has Deadly brew, Infectious poisons and Hunger for Blood. Just imo, but would definetly give mutilate that edge to rape face.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=fhecoeMsVMoVbothfV0bV

Re: [WotLK] PvP spec for rogues

You don't even need to put in talent points to pvp as a rogue ;D

Well you know what i mean >:P to be more successful in PvP as a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest
    You don't even need to put in talent points to pvp as a rogue ;D
    that isnt even a joke. perma-stun as it stands owns all.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

What do you mean Perma, cause they did take mace stuns out of mace spec in the combat tree, so Adren/Prep gets another nasty nerf, so probably wont be used too much in arena anymore.

Deleted

Imho, Rogue talents will be completly rebuilded in next or another build, because we suck a lot actually.

So, making specs is meaningless for the moment.

I don't have a beta key, so i have no idea on how well rogues do atm, but what spec do most rogues roll with in WotLK?

I dont know how it will turn out in wotlk, but to use an example im a s3/s4 ret pally and i just got slaughtered by a rogue less geared than i was...

i was stunned for about 4k health worth just to see him cos/vanish and do it again....and worste of all after this was all done i had to burn him down with judgements alone cause he then popped evasion. needless to say...i didnt win.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Yeah, S3/4 rogue here, but just from the looks of the builds, Assassination is where its going to be at come WotLK for pvp, cause mutilate spec seems to work out well as it is, but with hunger for blood and what not, it'll give them the edge they need to rape fizzace even more.

Quote Originally Posted by dinozgorawr
    What do you mean Perma, cause they did take mace stuns out of mace spec in the combat tree, so Adren/Prep gets another nasty nerf, so probably wont be used too much in arena anymore.
    I forgot to add something on my post above is. Im hoping retribution aura will be rather good damage return so we can indirectly fight back in a cinerio as i mentioned above.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Or stack those new meta gems which reduce stun durations by so and so, you know?

Or stack those new meta gems which reduce stun durations by so and so, you know?
    O really? I thought i only seen meta gems with stun resistance. but stun reduction!!??!? could i get a link of them?
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...metagem_05.jpg

Its not the only one, but you get the idea, theres probably some more gems or items to stack with it to make it more worth your while.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...metagem_05.jpg

Its not the only one, but you get the idea, theres probably some more gems or items to stack with it to make it more worth your while.
    THANK JEBUS!!! XD

Finely i see the light at the end of the tunnel vs rogues.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Not bad, the 20 in the combat tree looks good, and Hunger for Blood looks a lot more appealing than Shadowdance, which looks God-awful. Rogues are going to be speccing either ShS/Cold Blood or for Hunger for Blood.

Infectious Poisons and Deadly Brew are great talents, and I might try to pick up Quick Recovery if you're playing with a healer and Focused Attacks seems like a powerful talent.

Now you can put Wounding on your Offhand and Shiv on both Wounding and Crippling, keeping Mind-Numbing on your Mainhand. Awesome.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cut to the Chase. It seems kind of lame right now. I'd have to try it out.

I'm somewhat excited about Hunger for Blood and dagger and Mutilate viability. It may make me play my Rogue again.

I kinda like this build just cuz of the mobility it would give you

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...21050135001000

Quote Originally Posted by rmsrex
    I kinda like this build just cuz of the mobility it would give you

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...21050135001000
    Seal Fate& Shadow Step seems the best setup for 2vs2. However, you can put 3/3 to Improved Kidney Shot, 4/5 Seal Fate 0/2 Quick Recovery if your partner is not healer.
    In addition, you have lots of combo points to spend with Seal Fate. So dont forget to spend some talent points to Improved Eviscerate instead of Murder.

Im kinda curious to know (since i have no idea about anything rogue) is your "stun-spec" gonna take a beating with most talents that are stun resist turned to reduction on stun length. Keep in mind that there meta gems the same way that people will most likely use.

Like will it still be viable for pvp? or is everyone thinking of new specs.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

I'm not quite sure what a 'stun-spec' is. People have this idea of perma-stun, which is completely unrealistic.

Combat Mace stuns have been removed, if that's what you mean. Rogues still have Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot.

You see two major builds - ShS/Hemo and Mutilate. Combat is receiving some PvP viability, but like I said before; most people will go down Subtlety to get ShS and then down Assassination to get Cold Blood, because ATM Shadow Dance is lame. Some people may spec Combat, but I think Mutilate may become the new PvP spec. Being able to remove Bleed and Magic effects at essentially no cost, just a global is insane. Frost Nova? Gone. Entangling Roots? Gone? Corruption, SW: Pain, VT? All gone. Not to mention Bleeds from other Rogues and pesky Warriors. You lose out on Prep, but there are those cases against Rogues and Warriors when, really, what's a second Vanish going to do if you have a bleed on you? And really, Mutilate Rogues don't gain a whole lot from attacking from stealth. You basically just lose out on a second Evasion.

Shadowstep offered unparalleled mobility, which is why it is such a popular spec. But with HFB and those amazing new Poison talents, Assassination got a lot more attractive. Plus, ShS/Hemo is such a lame build - running around hitting things with giant clubs. Daggers are so much more Rogue-ish. STAB!

This is what I imagine for say, Disc Priest/Rogue
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecoeMsiRoVrszhdVbbV
    The 3 points in Blood Spatter and Master Poisoner are points I'm not sure what to do with yet. If Cut to the Chase proves useful, I'll put points in it, but it doesn't seem very useful in PvP. I could be wrong.

shadow dance is lame? why is that?
    Main Gauche -- Like xzibit would say: "I heard you like procs, so I put a proc in your proc,so you can proc while you proc.