best ele pvp build at 80 - currently - 8/26/08

8 / 26 / 08 - meaning the DATE not the spec

here it is

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000

Re: best ele pvp build at 80 - currently - 8/26/08

>< You linked to the calculator, not the actual build.

EDIT: When you start looking at dates and thinking they're specs, you know you're playing too much WoW.. :/

ooooo,tough break

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk

EDIT: When you start looking at dates and thinking they're specs, you know you're playing too much WoW.. :/
    lol i thought it was a spec too. I was thinking, with 26 points in enhancement, how is that an elemental build

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    >< You linked to the calculator, not the actual build.
    nah, ele is OP without talents, nerf!

best ele pvp build at 80 - currently - 8/26/08

thats the name of this thread, so even without the "currently - 8/26/08" one would still asume that the OP made some sort of talent build.
    to bad he fails at the internet.

that is unless he meant that the best elemental build currently in the beta of wotlk is not to spec into elemental...

You'll sure as hell want 3/3 eye of the storm.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

are you high? its all about the 61-10-0
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000

rock hat imp gw and shields for the bonus, 80 ele wont need the resto tree, too much good stuff in our tree
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

idk 54 - 7 - 11 seems pretty baller to me

you don't really need ele oath for pvp neither imp fire totem

.5 sec off hw and 25% increase in armor after u use tidal force and start critting a few big heals real quick gives u so much more survivability

.. along with imp shields being a pretty crappy talent anyways

I'm going 71-0-0.

Just lacking the 3 points in Elemental Devestation.

I don't see a point in speccing that deep into Restoration and I think Imp GW is useless if you use Thunder properly.
    I sort of want to just mess around with a friend who wants to do double Elemental Shaman 2v2 for fun. One of us using Totem of Wrath and one with 2/2 Imp Fire Nova totem.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

my reasoning behind the imp GW actually makes it viable with thunder, not useless with it, need to get out its like a blink/sprint

you kick em away, instant GW, then proceed to make distance between you and them for whatever yeu need to do (heal, mana up, los, w/e)

and elemental oath and imp fire totems are a DEFINITELY need for PvP, a 75% slow? a Critical Damage Increase with reduced mana cost?? why would you not want these, especially considering there guaranteed/constant

and even with imp HW a big heal is never gonna be "quick" nor will you be able to fit in "a few" in any situation unless we get a solid 6+ second stun or are guaranteed no pushback on the cast
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    my reasoning behind the imp GW actually makes it viable with thunder, not useless with it, need to get out its like a blink/sprint

you kick em away, instant GW, then proceed to make distance between you and them for whatever yeu need to do (heal, mana up, los, w/e)

and elemental oath and imp fire totems are a DEFINITELY need for PvP, a 75% slow? a Critical Damage Increase with reduced mana cost?? why would you not want these, especially considering there guaranteed/constant

and even with imp HW a big heal is never gonna be "quick" nor will you be able to fit in "a few" in any situation unless we get a solid 6+ second stun or are guaranteed no pushback on the cast
    A "big heal" doesn't have to be quick. Look at your post ... Thunder + imp gw "to get distance, HEAL UP, mana up, los etc., how can +60% crit chance on heals not help a TON. Your fighting melee .. say they are tearing u apart well you just thunder imp gw away behind a pillar or something pop tidal force hw x2 or hw lw or lw lw etc. you get my point - with spellpower our heals will be extremely powerful so a couple heal crits could take you to full health .. Seems pretty powerful to me

As to ele oath - it reduces mana costs and crit by a whole 6% at 3 stacks .. woo .. you have to sit there and spam lb's until u get 3 stacks and then all u get is 6% less mana cost and increased crit dmg. seems pretty weak especially for what you have to do just to get the 3 stacks - that is in pvp of course - pve it is a superb talent

Imp fire nova - meh another slow for 2 points seems pretty good but ele is loaded with beefy talents i think there are better options. Also seeing as how we have frost shock, and earthbind already i dont really see use for another -- And ele oath and fire nova are not GUARANTEED .. you have to crit to get ele oath, and you actually have to hit them or let your enemy not kill it for the fire nova slow to work