Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 3.0.2, Achievements, Dungeon Loot, Blue posts

Patch 3.0.2 on PTR "soon"
    The 3.0.2 Content patch introducing some of the WotLK features before the release of the expansion might be deployed on PTRs sooner than what we expected ...
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    None of the classes are done. They are still being iterated on. 3.0 will be on the PTR's soon. There is still a lot of testing before 3.0 would go live to public servers.

If you look back at past patches, we've had patches on the PTR for over 2 months before.
    Also, the european PTR forums have already been cleaned from all posts to get ready for the new PTR Phase - 27/08 PTR forum cleaned
    Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker)
    To keep this forum relevant to the current or upcoming version on the PTRs, all old threads have been removed. This will be done soon after each patch test cycle is completed and the patch is applied to the regular realms.

Informational sticky threads will be reposted after each forum wipe, and as new information about the current or upcoming patch becomes available it will be added in this forum.

Achievements - Feats of Strength (Realm First)
    Realm Firsts are implemented in the next beta build although they will be slightly broken due to the fact that we have data issues with existing beta testers. For now, here's the list. We'll probably add more.

Realm First to 80
    Realm First to 80
    Realm First to 80
    Realm first to 450
    Realm First 10/25 end-boss kills

Keep in mind, this will be broken on beta realms slightly. For example, in the current build, Realm First Mage to 80 is actually implemented. Well, Daelo, our Lead Encounter Designer, was testing something and leveled a Mage to 80 instantly and got the achievement for the server. On live realms, this will never happen. On live realms, all blizzard employee accounts are not counted toward server-firsts. But this part of the technology was not yet implemented.

Also, when those Realm First achievements go live, they won't be accurate on the beta realms. But on live realms, the data will be pure and the information will display correctly.

Something to note about Realm Firsts:

A Realm First window stays open for 1 minute after initial completion of the Feat Of Strength. This means if 25 people kill Malygos as a Realm First, they'll all get credit. But what this also means is that if two players reach level 80 within a minute of each other, they will both get credit as well.
    Also note that achievements might be tracked as soon as the upcoming content patch is deployed on live servers.
    [blizzquote="Tigole;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/20/9232546708-30--achievement-tracking-on-live.html]Originally, the answer was no. We were going to wait until Northrend opened. But we will most likely put the system live for 3.0. This could of course change but the current leaning is to put the system live with 3.0. [/blizzquote"]

Build 8820 - Additional Dungeon Loot
    A few more items were added to the dungeon loot list posted yesterday.

The Nexus - Heroic Mode

Halls of Lightning

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Flying Mounts in Dalaran
    For the time being, it is intended that you cannot fly within the city of Dalaran. We want you to be able to fly into Dalaran and fly out of Dalaran (via mounting at the flying landing or in the sewer pipe) but we don't want people flying around the city streets. We do want people to be able to mount on their ground mounts in the city (but not indoors).

This isn't entirely set up properly yet and not all things are working. Most of this will be implemented over the coming weeks. If it's horrible, we'll change it. But that's what we're trying out right now.

A big complaint of Shattrath was that it did not feel like a city. A goal of Dalaran was to re-capture the bustling street feel of places like Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Flying mounts work contrary to this goal. (Source)

Changes to Illidan encounters with the 3.0.2 patch and new talents
    Changes can be made to encounters if we feel they are necessary to allow the fight to work right. That said, the release of the patch isn't tomorrow, it's sometime in the coming weeks, so you still have time to work on the raids. Good luck on Illidan. (Source)

Netherdrakes in WotLK
    We don't have any current plans to remove the ability to get the Netherdrakes in Outland, we'll let you know if anything changes. (Source)

Rogue (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Lack of rogue changes in WotLK Beta
    Beta implies that the game is in a testing process and currently incomplete. Your assistance in testing and providing feedback is much appreciated, however, we ask that you remain patient while we continue to push out new content, abilities, and balancing adjustments each week.

No class is going to be left behind when all is said and done. The point of working through a Beta process is to ensure the product is fully polished by the time it is slated for release. We ask that you consider this before expressing frustration over a lack of battle-ready talents and abilities for your class in its current state. We will continue to push out changes for the Rogue class -- as with every other class -- so you will all have plenty of time to test out the updates. (Source)

Warrior (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Intensify Rage
    Thank you for bringing up this concern. After examining the situation we agreed this would potentially be a problem. Precision and Intensify Rage have now switched places in the talent tree. We want this to be something that a furry warrior has access to without making arms warriors feel they have to have it to be functional. (Source)

Re: Patch 3.0.2, Achievements, Dungeon Loot, Blue posts

First sweeettt..

P.S., Why are the retail US forums (including beta forums) down? D:

Go go new patch!! ;D

I'd bet on 3.0 being made live on September 16 in the US and September 17 in the EU seeing as how WAR is gonna release on September 18.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by mofo
    I'd bet on 3.0 being made live on September 16 in the US and September 17 in the EU seeing as how WAR is gonna release on September 18.
    There's no way it'll be ready for live by then. PTR almost definitely, but the PTR for changes this sweeping will take 8 weeks minimum.

Hmm, not sure how much I like the server first achievements. I guess there's really no *reward* for it, so it's just a way for the server to confirm firsts for posterity, rather than keeping info like that in sticky posts in realm forums. I just know I won't get any server firsts given I can't play 24/7 for two weeks after launch like some people will. And as a completionist, it'll suck seeing things on my list I literally *can't do*.

Hope they wont have whole northrend open on PTR, or it's going to be one hell of a patch to download

Still no rogue content :P

Hope they're not waiting until like 1 day before release to actually activate our "stuff".
    It's been shown time and again in the past that time to give feedback is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Hope they wont have whole northrend open on PTR, or it's going to be one hell of a patch to download
    They won't. I don't know if you were around for the 2.0 patch pre-TBC, but it will activate the 51-point talent trees, a few new trainable level 70 spell ranks, game mechanics changes (i.e. major changes to shield block, elimination of downranking, and so forth), itemization changes (all spelldamage will become "spellpower", melee/caster hit/haste/crit ratings will be combined, and so on), etc, but the level cap will remain 70 and new zones will be blocked. It'll be just like how the current game is for someone who doesn't own the TBC expansion: No access to Outland, level cap at 60, but 41-point talent trees and ratings instead of straight %ages, so not like Vanilla either. Just switched to as if WotLK was fully active but no one owns the expansion yet so things are blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy
    Just switched to as if WotLK was fully active but the zeppelins to get to Norhtrend are bugged.
    Fixed.

In which instance is Malygos or he is an outdoor?

Give Realm First <Race> to 80!
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

I wasn't around for 2.0 ptr because I had beta access back then so it was no point, but you make a fair point Xentropy

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    We want this to be something that a furry warrior has access to without making arms warriors feel they have to have it to \
    Hehe..."furry" warrior. Bear Druid?

Quote Originally Posted by asd12a1
    In which instance is Malygos or he is an outdoor?

Give Realm First <Race> to 80!
    <class> would make more sense.

I love furry warriors, they're so cute and cuddly
    however I hate people with trouble pronouncing simple words!
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

how will the server 1sts be displayed? is it a title thing or in the inspection window or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Achievements - Feats of Strength (Realm First)

A Realm First window stays open for 1 minute after initial completion of the Feat Of Strength. This means if 25 people kill Malygos as a Realm First, they'll all get credit. But what this also means is that if two players reach level 80 within a minute of each other, they will both get credit as well.
    I predict a multiboxing shammie claiming server first with all 5 chars

awesome.. about time 'firsts' get ingame recognition.

i'm taking a week off work to level up in the expansion 8)
    It's just a game.

Gaaah, that same plate helm skin ><

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp
    I predict a multiboxing shammie claiming server first with all 5 chars
    Multi boxers take longer to level than single toons because of shared xp and the impracticality of collection quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar
    how will the server 1sts be displayed? is it a title thing or in the inspection window or what?
    Just as you can inspect a friendly player or within a sanctuary zone, so can you inspect achievements. There's even a 'Compare Achievements' option.